Page 81 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    as much as i love talking about weaponry and proving durz wrong this isnt a conversation that belongs here anymore
    Glytch you're late as usual....

@Larynx now that the sword is visible it looks like a 2h sword...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Good job Durz. I'm so proud of you. Now can you tell me what kind of 2h sword?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just looks like a simple greatsword with a cruciform hilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Just looks like a simple greatsword with a cruciform hilt.
    It is.

Glytch thought it was a claymore. Hah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Glytch you're late as usual....
    i was at my friends wedding rehearsal all afternoon

if you want to talk about non-thief stuff more take it to steam chat or something please. id like us to get off topic far less than we have in the past so that we can focus on like... important useful shit

---------- Post added 2012-07-06 at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It is.

Glytch thought it was a claymore. Hah!
    no
    im not that stupid
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-07-07 at 02:21 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Oh right, this is Glytch's special no off-topic chatter intelligent theorycrafting and discussion thread.

Kay guys. Lets take it to another poor person's thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Oh right, this is Glytch's special no off-topic chatter intelligent theorycrafting and discussion thread.

Kay guys. Lets take it to another poor person's thread.
    take it to what i wish was my ranger thread because face it, no one posts there to begin with!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

so whats better for burst damage sword/pistol or dagger/pistol

i mean i like the playstyle sound of sword/pistol better but it seems like dagger/pistol would have more burst

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    so whats better for burst damage sword/pistol or dagger/pistol

i mean i like the playstyle sound of sword/pistol better but it seems like dagger/pistol would have more burst
    Dagger/Pistol definitely has more burst with Heart Seeker and it's 1 skill does more damage.

Sword/Pistol has much less burst, but a lot of mobility. Pistol Whip is worthless in my opinion. But Dagger/Pistol already has nice mobility and the extra on Sword/Pistol seems like overkill to me.

EDIt: In fact, sword/anything in general is just terrible imo. I sincerely hope that they change it's skills around.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-07-07 at 04:23 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Dagger/Pistol definitely has more burst with Heart Seeker and it's 1 skill does more damage.

Sword/Pistol has much less burst, but a lot of mobility. Pistol Whip is worthless in my opinion. But Dagger/Pistol already has nice mobility and the extra on Sword/Pistol seems like overkill to me.

EDIt: In fact, sword/anything in general is just terrible imo. I sincerely hope that they change it's skills around.
    based on previous conversations it sounds like that statement is pretty debatable
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    based on previous conversations it sounds like that statement is pretty debatable
    I don't know. To me the sword seems unfocused.

Sword/Dagger flanking strike is pretty clunky feeling with how to moves your character. It's extremely particular about how close you are to your target. You just end up arcing in a half circle in from of your target if you're too far, and the attack just does a full circle around the target it you're too close.

Pistol whip doesn't work against multiple targets because they can easily get behind you and ruin your day while you're stuck in the longer than needed attack animation. You're mostly fighting against multiple targets too. Pistol Whip is better used as an interrupt than an actual damaging skill, and even then it still leaves you very vulnerable to the point of never really being advantageous to use. That initiative is valuable and Pistol Whip costs nearly half of it.

It's stealth skill is kind of weird. It's either 1 second of daze from behind so that the target can't cast anything, or using it from the front causes 5 seconds of blindness causing the next attack they use to miss. Because of the way stealth works it's really hard to use this skill properly. The daze would only really work if you could use it to interrupt, which it's really hard to set up a stealth attack to do such a thing, especially when you have to be behind the target as well. Blind is a bit more reasonable because then it becomes somewhat of a defensive cooldown that can be ruined by the target turning away from you.

Infiltrator's strike is fine though. But I think it would be a bit nicer if instead of stabbing after the shadowstep, the player swung the sword in an arc.

I feel like the sword could just be a better weapon. Dagger has less mobility than the sword, but the dagger has such better utility in it's dual skills that it makes sword almost not worth it in comparison.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-07-07 at 05:27 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sword seemed fine to me. Dunno what your issue is. :O
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Sword seemed fine to me. Dunno what your issue is. :O
    I made a thread on the official forums last BWE as well about the sword, most seemed to agree... but maybe it was the minority. It's mainly the dual skills I take issue with. The 1 and 2 skills are mostly fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I made a thread on the official forums last BWE as well about the sword, most seemed to agree... but maybe it was the minority. It's mainly the dual skills I take issue with. The 1 and 2 skills are mostly fine.
    The only weapon set I really find to be "off" is Dagger/Pistol. Mostly because the most powerful feature of Dagger main-hand is Backstab, and the only way to stealth with that weapon set is either a utility skill, or Black Powder + Heartseeker, which spends 7 initiative (and takes much longer than CnD).

Though, in this case, the Dual Skill is fine - it's good for gap closing. 4 and 5 even seem useful in the sense of preventing your enemy from hurting you. But that one aspect of not being able to stealth properly, when stealth is the Dagger's strong point, seems odd, to me.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will agree that sword seems unfocused esp with pistol. My biggest issue is infiltrators strike it needs more than only the shadow step and the return should be free, to me a fair compromise would be to make the first skill cost 3 and the return be free. Of course that's only one way of looking at it. But on the subject of burst postol whip isn't horrible
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    I will agree that sword seems unfocused esp with pistol. My biggest issue is infiltrators strike it needs more than only the shadow step and the return should be free, to me a fair compromise would be to make the first skill cost 3 and the return be free. Of course that's only one way of looking at it. But on the subject of burst postol whip isn't horrible
    I still find myself thinking that Sword/Pistol has good design to it. It's basically about being annoying. You can shadowstep in and out. If you auto attack, you can apply a Cripple. If you use your 3, you can Stun them (and I assume hit for good burst damage - hey wait, burst + jumping in and back out?!). You can Daze them, and you can Blind them (in fact, you Blind in an aoe, which happens to apply a combo field!).

In general, it's about royally screwing with the enemy to reduce their damage output.

Sword/Pistol, imo, is the closest thing Thief has to a Support weapon.

Pistol Whip is Basically Melee Unload, the multiple hits work great if your using the right sigils and signet of malice, I wish the stun was a little longer thou.
    Shoot whoever let 3.0 go live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    The only weapon set I really find to be "off" is Dagger/Pistol. Mostly because the most powerful feature of Dagger main-hand is Backstab, and the only way to stealth with that weapon set is either a utility skill, or Black Powder + Heartseeker, which spends 7 initiative (and takes much longer than CnD).

Though, in this case, the Dual Skill is fine - it's good for gap closing. 4 and 5 even seem useful in the sense of preventing your enemy from hurting you. But that one aspect of not being able to stealth properly, when stealth is the Dagger's strong point, seems odd, to me.
    I used Dagger/Pistol for a while during the beta after I got rather sick of trying to get Sword/X to work for me, since I love swords aesthetically.

The stealth move for dagger/pistol being cumbersome to use isn't as bad as say the sword skill because it actually has conditions that revolve around timing unlike the dagger which is simply flat damage. It's absolutely horrendous with Sword/Pistol which has no way of going into stealth at all.

The most reliable way to get into stealth was either cloak and dagger through dagger off-hand or a utility.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-07-07 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryblood View Post
    Pistol Whip is Basically Melee Unload, the multiple hits work great if your using the right sigils and signet of malice, I wish the stun was a little longer thou.
    Half a second does seem like a long time, even when you take into consideration the fact that you can double cast it. Should be 1.5 seconds imo.

dual gun Rog or Flamethrower Tech, that is the question.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!