Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Scariest place in WoW?

So I was just taking a gander around Undercity when I stumbled into the old throne room and, my god, isn't it freaky? The whole atmosphere is just immensely eeire, it urges me to just press the red cross...

My question is, what place do you find scary around the 'World of Warcraft'?

inb4 Karazhan Crypts

For me it would be Ahn'Qiraj, nothing like hearing "You... Will... Die..." among other demoralizing remarks.

i personally LOVE undercity, only because of the lore it is tied to >.>
    I think it is amazing.

Scariest place for me, was the first time i went into the kharazan crypts. That was really interesting but scary at the same time >.>

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    inb4 Karazhan Crypts

For me it would be Ahn'Qiraj, nothing like hearing "You... Will... Die..." among other demoralizing remarks.
    lol, AQ is pretty scary too. Though for a while, there was a bug when doing archaeology where you'd get those whispers when you found the green quality fragments. "You will die" "Your heart will explode" etc. First time i thought i was tripping out >.>

Deleted
    Undercity, even though I don't really consider anything in WoW "scary".

Old naxx was scary as hell. esp thaddius the old screams and stuff through out the instance was just plain creepy. New naxx a lot less scary.

I'll have to echo the Undercity sentiment. The alchemist/apothecary area especially. I don't want to know what depraved stuff goes on down there.

Although, during vanilla, nothing terrified me more than the crocs in the Wetlands. Having to go through a level 20+ area to get to the Night Elf starting zone was pretty scary.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2012-07-07 at 11:33 PM.

Deleted
    Vanilla Stratholme...the first time i got there and saw Naxxramas in the distance and the burning buildings and undead everywhere...creepy as hell and when you know the lore and played WC3 you know why it feels creepy to be there

15+ Year Old Account
    The tunnel between WPL and EPL kinda freaks me out with all the bugs.
    Under Karazhan is very spooky.
    And basically all stuff that includes spiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    so like 8 years ago, when i was totally new to the mmo genre, I had no idea what to expect. So i quite early got to duskwood, and god was I freaked out by the atmosphere and all the undeads ganking there. You never knew where you'd find a horde ganking, and god was that scary, but awesome at the same time!

Room of upside down sinners

Sorry. That or anywhere you are suffering fatigue in deep sea water. Anywhere, Tol Barad, Darkmoon Isle, Azuremyst, Kalimdor or *worst of the worst* North of Northrend (who doesn't get the willies swimming around out there...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Frogger boss after Patchwork.

Quote Originally Posted by madyaks View Post
    Frogger boss after Patchwork.
    Oh man, that crap lol. I was so hesitant to go through it EVERY time. Then they went and put it in Ulduar aswell >.>

Duskwood! Darkness with zombies and spiders and eerie quests

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Old naxx was scary as hell. esp thaddius the old screams and stuff through out the instance was just plain creepy. New naxx a lot less scary.
    You know that it is basicaly the same instance, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    inb4 Karazhan Crypts

Karazhan Crypts. Nobody can be inb4 now
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Deleted
    does LFR count ?

if not I would have to say the tunnel under the cemetery in dusk wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You know that it is basicaly the same instance, right?
    No it's really not actually. Sure the same instance but it doesn't have the same vibe/feel as it did at 60. They changed it.

Deleted
    Actually had a nightmare about the temple where you fight Ultraxion, with all the dragons flying around there. Dreamed that the dragons had a huge, massive boss (and it was not Ultraxion) that caught my cat, and, killed it. Damn i was really sad, because my cat...is my life.

There was an abandoned house in Duskwood's Raven Hill that had that these ghosts that could only be seen using invisibility detection.

The ghosts are neutral, but if you used an AoE, they'd attack you (and kill a lowbie, due to Duskwood being a 20-25 zone now, and the ghosts are around 50-ish), and even when provoked, they were invisible.

Deadwind Pass was also pretty scary too (these days, not so much since you can just fly over it by flying mount or FP or whatever).