Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    I wish they wouldn't keep coming out with retarded pokemon. A icecream that evolves into 2 icecreams... riiiiiiiight. Pokemon used to be awesome when it came out about 15 years ago, but now it's totally utterly dry. Yet they keep milking it

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    I wish they wouldn't keep coming out with retarded pokemon. A icecream that evolves into 2 icecreams... riiiiiiiight. Pokemon used to be awesome when it came out about 15 years ago, but now it's totally utterly dry. Yet they keep milking it
    Because Generation 1 was so creative, right? A pokeball that evolves into an upside down pokeball? Sludge that evolves into bigger sludge? Riiiiiiiight.

10+ Year Old Account
    these are pokemon

everything else is a neopet :S

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So an icecream that turns into two icecreams is better than a magnet that turns into two magnets..... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Or a brown penis with eyes that turns into three brown penises with EVIL eyes.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Oh yeah, because this was a master piece of creativity:

and this:

Lets not forget the fact there was a Seal, a pigeon, a purple rat, and a whatever Jynx was suppose to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    these are pokemon

No.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    these are pokemon

Yeah

No that's actually rubbish. Hard to see the difference I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    whatever Jynx was suppose to be.
    To be fair, racial stereotype pokemon is pretty gosh darn creative.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    To be fair, racial stereotype pokemon are pretty gosh darn creative.
    ..... Dear god I don't think I've ever seen that before..... Of course!

Well, this is a new and exciting topic of discussion. Why even bother with people like that?

I yearn for the day when I see an actual forum discussion on the art of pokemon.

I think she was based on that fad in Japan where girls tanned their skin and well.. yeah.. racial sterotype. It starts with a G, I can't place it for some reason...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think she was based on that fad in Japan where girls tanned their skin and well.. yeah.. racial sterotype. It starts with a G, I can't place it for some reason...
    Huh possible, I just kinda thought Jynx reminded me of.... well Ella Fitzgerald really.

Oh you are probably thinking of a geisha - not to much a fad as a well "job".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganguro

You can see the resemblance, I think. It's horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Well, this is a new and exciting topic of discussion. Why even bother with people like that?

I yearn for the day when I see an actual forum discussion on the art of pokemon.
    Because we are the heroes pokemon deserves. And it comes up every other day in a thread by those who deserve shame.

Ganguro and Yamanba.

Okay, so it was Gangruo, that's the word I had in my head. Wasn't sure if it was right or not.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganguro

You can see the resemblance, I think. It's horrifying.
    Aaaaargh!!

oh you mean black face pokemon, mime pokemon, puddle of mud pokemon, or the like 20 pokemon that both look exactly like what there based off of and have nearly identical names like seel.

the original werent "teh best evars" thats called nostalgia, the majority of the gen v pokemon are fine in fact the majority of them are based off gen 1 pokemon example genesect = mewtwo, patrat = rattata, purrloin is meowth, munna is drowzee, pidove is pidgey, blitzle is ponyta, roggenrola is geodude, woobat is zubat, andino is chansey, timbur is machop, throh and sawk are the hitmons, sewaddle is caterpie and venipede is weedle, tirtuga and archen are kubuto and aerodactl, trubbish is grimer, emolga is pikachu, foongus is voltorbe, frillish is tentacool klink is magnemite,

in alot of interviews both before and after black and white came out the creators said that gen 5 was meant to be like a reboot and a kind of re imagining of gen 1 and they said alot of gen 5 pokemon were based off of gen 1 pokemon and if you go and look at all of those pokemon its very very easy to see. anybody who says the new pokemon all look stupid only say that because of nostalgia each gen has some good pokemon and some bad pokemon there not milking this franchise anymore then they were in gen 3 or gen 1 or gen 4 or gen 2.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

What BW2 trailer are you guys talking about? I just got White 1, so I've no clue what's going on :x

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    What BW2 trailer are you guys talking about? I just got White 1, so I've no clue what's going on :x

It puts the anime to shame.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Behold - the trailer of awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBdp_dLEdqU

DAMNIT now I'm even more annoyed at the fact they'll never change the anime to this.... BOOOOH!

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread reminded me that my dog ate my copy of pokemon black. ULTRA SAD FACE!