Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think it's fine the way it is. It would be okay I guess if you could mog a legendeary into something else, but not the other way around. Their reasoning is fine, transmog is already extremely generous as it is and I won't be surprised if they expand on it in the future, like allowing you to transmog other proficiencies, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    This. You already see it with people over-using crap like Bulwark of Azzinoth and Cursed Vision of Sargeras.

So we're not allowed to simply like the AESTHETIC of a legendary? We must all want to show off, and showing off is bad because...

PROFIT!

A fine day for underpants gnomes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elhaym View Post
    So we're not allowed to simply like the AESTHETIC of a legendary? We must all want to show off, and showing off is bad because...

PROFIT!

A fine day for underpants gnomes
    Bulwark and Cursed Vision are basically YOLO clothing for World of Warcraft.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    this old chestnut again

on applying a transmogrify to a legendary.
    They want legendary items to stand out, so you can immediately identify that the weapon is a legendary, something that the owner of worked hard to get.

End of discussion, I see no issue with this, and I do not want it changed.
    Wait no that makes no sense. If the owner worked hard to get something, and you know that on site, how will you know he worked hard if it is in his bags. Why can't he use it? Furthermore why cant you use fish weapons or have bare chested werewolves. Why can't I wear twill? Why add something fun and exiting but add silly restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Faolain View Post
    At the very least, I think Thori'dal should be transmoggable. I've only ever seen two on my server, and I'm on one of the biggest servers in the US. It's such a low drop-rate anyway, I'd contend it's about as rare as Baron's Deathcharger.

But I think they should all be transmoggable. Just because it's an option now doesn't mean it's going to suddenly appear a slew of legendaries.
    What's the droprate? I just landed my 15th Kiljaeden kill this evening and saw the 3rd one drop. I thought it was ~5% like Glaives.

Anyway, on topic, I agree that if you get a legendary in its current patch you should be able to mog to it, but not if you just solo MC for 4 months till it drops for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Deleted
    Mogging legendaries? - Nope. It's simple, a lot of people have legendaries, but we dont see that. I personally got a few, in first days, "woah, coool, standing in Orgrimmar all day to show", but, after couple of hours, it's getting REALLY bored, so if, let's say 80% of people who have legendaries, will transmogrify them, it will ruin the originally intention of legendaries. So, definitely my answer is no. I like the current idea to show it sometimes on raids, or even in city when people can hover on my weapons and read "Warglaive of Azzinoth", not some Dragon Soul item.

Deleted
    Something to think about: not everyone is a showoff who thinks using legendaries attract friends for them.

I've got Thunderfury and both Glaives on my Rogue. However, since I didn't get them when they were actually useful, I've only equipped them once each.

Some people play this game in order to do something else than waving their dicks at other people. There's a lot more legendaries floating around than you think, and people WOULD transmog their weapons into them when they could. They're freaking legendaries.

No transmogrification for legendaries. Just no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    I posted this on the official forums too but I thought I would see what the MMO-champion community thought as well

-------

I know this topic has been brought up many many times, and recently there was another blue post about the topic.

The problem I have each time a blue explains why they don't want moggable legendaries is that it makes no ssense.

You say you want legendaries to be scarcely seen right, well won't there won't be any more legenadries seen that are already seen. The only time someone brings out a legendary now a days is just to run around org to show it off. Other than that no one will ever see one.

The thing we all need to understand here is that it actually takes more effort to obtain a legendary now than it probably did back when it was part of current content. Thus making them no more prevalent than now.

If it's because you are worried about everyone who has a legendary mogging into a legendary all the time, then take that as a challenge to your art team to make awesome looking weapons in challenge modes or something outside of orange pixels.

If I spent all that time doing the quests, getting the items, and showing up to raid every single week, I should be rewarded by allowing myself to transmogg my legendary. It makes 0 sense to say that making legendaries moggable would make them to common.
    Imagine every single rogue running around with Warglaives. Every single SMF specced warrior or dw DK running around with Thunderfury. Every single ret/warrior/dk running around with Shadowmourne. See where am I going? Simply not fun.

Legendary weapons are fine as they are now. They are meant to last for the content they have been introduced and that's it.

Im sorry but how often do you see a Thunderfury or Shadowmourne? You don't of maybe 1 person that owns each legendary. I don't mean one person with every legendary. I mean I know people that own legandarys, but not even all of them.

I know 1 person with the Staff from FL, 1 person with Thunderfury AND The Glaive Set. 3 People with Shadowmourne, 2 people with Sulfuras, and one person with Valanyr,

I dont know any with Fangs of the father, the bow, or the Tier 3 Staff.

So yeah, I'd see shadowmourne everyday. But other people wouldn't
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    They should stay unmoggable for people who haven't obtained them in their respective tier before nerfs. Should become moggable for people who have.

So no one on my server would have moggable legendaries, that makes sense.

No one on this server completed Shadowmourne before the 5% nerf hit. Made 10-15 completed Dragonwreath, and I think there is 2 rogues with fangs now.

We probably had a few Glaive wielders, but no bow wielders because Sunwell wasnt cleared until after Wrath hit. I really doubt an OG glaive owners, or any OG Thunderfury/Rag owners exist.

You people make it out to sound like soloing MC for legendaries is fun, or it can be by soloing them casually. It takes dedication, and luck to get this stuff. I have seen a wopping 1 glaive drop on my main in 3 years. 3x52 resets. 154 resets, 1% drop chance, figure it out. I have more kills on Anzu to get my mount, the difference is that takes a day to reset. Illidan takes a week to reset.

So what if I see a DK,Rogue,or Warrior wield glaives once a week or month instead of once a year. I'd like that.

I however, would not mog to Rag, its ugly as fuck, and I would not go out of my way to mog my tanking weapon to shadowmourne, which I have now. I would mog it to the sword from the Hilt quest chain, because 9/10x I am tanking with a 2h sword.
    Last edited by Playintrafic; 2012-07-09 at 09:56 AM.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    So no one on my server would have moggable legendaries, that makes sense.

No one on this server completed Shadowmourne before the 5% nerf hit. Made 10-15 completed Dragonwreath, and I think there is 2 rogues with fangs now.

We probably had a few Glaive wielders, but no bow wielders because Sunwell wasnt cleared until after Wrath hit. I really doubt an OG glaive owners, or any OG Thunderfury/Rag owners exist.
    Plenty do.

I find it fucking hilarious people go on and on about "special snowflakes," when the reason they want the legendaries to be moggable is so they can "stand out."
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This. You already see it with people over-using crap like Bulwark of Azzinoth and Cursed Vision of Sargeras.
    Again you make accusations without providing numbers of people with legendaries. And again, only a select few seem to care if some items are over transmogged. The rest of us realize that good looking item models will be used heavily, and don't act like drama queens about it.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 10:10 AM ----------

Plenty do.

I find it fucking hilarious people go on and on about "special snowflakes," when the reason they want the legendaries to be moggable is so they can "stand out."
    It's not about standing out, it's about getting use out of an item you took the time to get. If someone wanted to stand out, they would mog to an item set that no one uses. Seriously man, you have yet to provide any argument other than that you think your opinion should dictate how others play, which seems incredibly petty.
    Last edited by axeplay; 2012-07-09 at 03:12 PM.
    There is a fine line between clever and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    I earned my Orange weapons, I should be able to mogg it too!
    tthis i agree wiht as long as the way it was earned is legit

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    As for transmogging other items to look like legendary items... meh, I would be fine with that. It doesn't effect me in any way so I say go for it.
    This right here. This is what it all comes down to. All the people arguing that against mogging them are not taking this into account. What other peoples toons look like does not effect you. You don't want to mog an orange weapon because you have some idea in your head that pixels are special, then you can simply opt out.
    Last edited by axeplay; 2012-07-09 at 03:25 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    this old chestnut again

on applying a transmogrify to a legendary.
    They want legendary items to stand out, so you can immediately identify that the weapon is a legendary, something that the owner of worked hard to get.

End of discussion, I see no issue with this, and I do not want it changed.
    None of them really stand, except Ateish, solely because it no longer exists.

TF/Sulf weren't that hard to get, we had fewer Asscandy's then either. Glaives/bow from BC where even dumber in their commonality. Val'nyr's wasn't out long before the next tier. Shadowmourne was as common as candy, and clearly DTR and Fangs are incredibly common.

I don't know who people are playing with where they know 1-2 people with legendary, everyone I know has at least 3 except me. Couple people have Shadowmourne on multiple toons. Val'nyr is probably the rarest of the people I know.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again, the whole, this item is unique/important to lore is quite subjective. The blade fist from kargath is a pretty rare drop, was the namesake of a very important character in horde lore, and is mogged way less than most other items, despite it being a neat model. So what is the difference between that relatively rare weapon being able to get mogged and t-fury not being able to be? There is no difference. They are both ridiculously easy to farm if you have patience. You guys in favor of the current transmog model are just splitting hairs.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Prot Pally literally just finished my Thunderfury this last MC reset, when Baron Geddon finally dropped his binding. I have been doing weekly ~4-6 min Baron Geddon runs for about 3 months now after I already had Hydraxian Waterlords exalted. (Which takes over 16 weeks of full clears to get from Revered to 999/1000 exalted with the 10% guild perk and the 15% banner dropped on every boss kill)

So ~7 months to complete Thunderfury. If someone wants to do that just for a Xmog skin, seriously, I don't think WoW is going to implode, and Blizz's reason for why they are not allowing it are stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just from this thread, you can see the range of arguments on this topic, and the various pros and cons that transmogrifying legendary items would present.

Our current way of thinking is still that legendaries are and probably should remain to be rarely seen. When you do see one, you instantly recognise it for what it is, and acknowledge the prestige that goes along with owning one.

But please carry on discussing the topic, we're really interested to see some good discussion either way.
    Well, that's exactly my point - and yet Mr. Blue draws the wrong conclusions.

I earnt those legendaries. I farmed my behind off for them, just to get a FoS and an orange item that I can ogle in my bags. What's so wrong about me wanting to actually USE that legendary's skin (Val'anyr would look really pretty with some of my mog-gear, you know)? When people see a legendary's skin on my current weapon, they'll recognise it for what it is. They'll acknowledge that I have a real legendary sitting in my bank because otherwise I wouldn't be able to mog it. And there's the prestige. Tada!

There's much less prestige about putting on all your legendaries before logging out so you can 'show off' your armory though.

Hell, just use your legendary if you want to. Any of you ever used Thunderfury lately? I did on my DK yesterday in LFR for fun and was second in DPS to a warlock with the staff. Did 49k on Zon'ozz and he's in 390 or so ilvl. Now, I'm not sure if that healer mace from uld or Shadowmourne would be that great. . .but some folks can still have some fun it seems like.