Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    You don't qualify for bacon. Unless you're already made out of it...
    You know, I'm not even a big bacon guy, but it was the only properly sized image file in my saved documents folder when I created a forum account and I couldn't be arsed to search for a different one.

If I was fat I would be fat and lazy.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    Quits video games to have time to do other things.

Spends time on video game forums.

Quote Originally Posted by kuukl1 View Post
    Quits video games to have time to do other things.

Spends time on video game forums.
    It's much easier to alt tab from work to forums than work to games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's much easier to alt tab from work to forums than work to games.
    In my experience it requires the same amount of effort, unless the keyboard at work requires more force or has a difficult layout.

Quote Originally Posted by kuukl1 View Post
    In my experience it requires the same amount of effort, unless the keyboard at work requires more force or has a difficult layout.
    I didn't know forums could have 4 hour raid nights.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I didn't know forums could have 4 hour raid nights.
    Hey man, if you are fighting the good fight, forums can take hours and hours of time to right wrongs, stamp out wrong-thinking and smother people with your personal ideologies!

War...war never ends...

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck! In my experience, trying to quit things cold turkey doesn't usually work.

Don't have much else to say on the matter.

I just wanna say that if Blizzard's games are the only video games you've played, you're missing out on a LOT of great video games.

Anyhow, I wish you luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Hey man, if you are fighting the good fight, forums can take hours and hours of time to right wrongs, stamp out wrong-thinking and smother people with your personal ideologies!

War...war never ends...
    Tabbing to a browser window and entering some text isn't quite as demanding as keeping a Wizard alive in Inferno. Sure, they both have the potential to be pure time-sinks, but let's not kid ourselves. I'm doing literature homework right now and not losing any speed, maybe for you it's different.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Good luck! In my experience, trying to quit things cold turkey doesn't usually work.

Don't have much else to say on the matter.
    Thanks, I quit smoking and drinking cold turkey as well (not that I'm comparing those things), quitting is easy for me, it's taking the first step that is the difficulty, just making the decision.

Tabbing to a browser window and entering some text isn't quite as demanding as keeping a Wizard alive in Inferno. Sure, they both have the potential to be pure time-sinks, but let's not kid ourselves. I'm doing literature homework right now and not losing any speed, maybe for you it's different.
    Perhaps because you are doing homework you didn't pick up on my facetiousness.

OP appears to be on a video game forum.

That's rather like quitting smoking cold turkey and then building yourself a fort out of cigarette cartons to live in.

I head self control is hard OP. I only get a few hours a week to really do what I enjoy and I spend most of that free time playing video games and love it. Must suck to not get enjoyment out of video games.

Also your post makes it sound like video games is some drug that is killing if your life sucks its not because of video games trust me. I would be much more worried about why you felt the need to make this post trying to justify you quitting.

I went cold turky from WoW at the start of 2011, felt great, and I actually did stuff I never thought I would. Came back last month, though its because my life is pretty boring at the moment.

Today, I uninstalled every Blizzard game on my computer! And it felt great!

I had other stuff too...but I had to delete it to free space for D3...

Anyway, this is not a rant. I don't hate videogames (or Blizzard for that matter). I just really love things that are not videogames so much more atm.

Looking back at all the time I wasted. It's a little bit sad. But that isn't the motivation of this post.

The point is...

Are there things you would rather be doing than gaming?

Go do them.
    I'm confused... How is it time wasted if you enjoy doing it? In the end, nothing you do in life will have a real purpose or greater meaning. That may seem a bit dark, but on the lighter side it means that you don't have to worry too much about being great or accomplishing anything, just do what you want to do and don't let other people tell you what you're doing is wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 06:00 PM ----------

Thanks, I quit smoking and drinking cold turkey as well (not that I'm comparing those things), quitting is easy for me, it's taking the first step that is the difficulty, just making the decision.
    So you are good at quitting? Makes sense why you would quit video games then if I sucked at them I would quit as well since you are so good at it.
    Last edited by Darkfrosty; 2012-07-09 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I just wanna say that if Blizzard's games are the only video games you've played, you're missing out on a LOT of great video games.

Anyhow, I wish you luck!
    Not a chance! I had plenty of other games installed (portal 2, skyrim, sims 3 to name a couple) that I ended up deleting to make room for D3 and the MoP Beta.

I don't think I'll need the luck, but I'm optimistic about it so thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post

That's rather like quitting smoking cold turkey and then building yourself a fort out of cigarette cartons to live in.
    Unless there's a forum specifically dedicated to ex-gamers out there, I don't see where else a "I quit cold turkey" thread would be more relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    So you are good at quitting? Makes sense why you would like video games then if I sucked at them I would quit as well since you are so good at it.
    The worst middle school students I've taught wouldn't waste their time with such a pithy comment, why would you?

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bleakeh View Post
    I'm confused... How is it time wasted if you enjoy doing it?
    Keep reading the thread before losing yourself in relativism.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post

As a Mod, you of all people I would expect to appreciate the other forums at MMOC. So I quit games? Would you rather I posted it in the wrong forum? I'm a stickler for posting etiquette, unlike some of the mods around here.

You're right, why wouldn't I play videogames when the only other option of spending my time is sticking my dick in a cheese grater?

Some of these responses make me weep for humanity, especially the ones that essentially say, "if no games, then TV, there is nothing else".

Maybe I'd rather be

working more,
    spending more time with my girlfriend,
    going to museums, plays, films, opera,
    running and biking,
    writing and revising my short fiction,
    practicing flamenco guitar on my electric,
    volunteering as an art counselor at the park,
    reading,
    swimming,
    beat-boxing,
    digging ditches,
    plucking my eyelashes.
    etc. ad infinitum
    Almost all those hobbies sound absolutely terrible. I cant figure out if you are a 40 year old man or a metro sexual teenager.

OT you made this post to get opinions you say, well you got them 99% of the people don't agree with your post now get off this website and head the the opera.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 06:17 PM ----------

The worst middle school students I've taught wouldn't waste their time with such a pithy comment, why would you?

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 06:05 PM ----------

Keep reading the thread before losing yourself in relativism.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 06:09 PM ----------

As a Mod, you of all people I would expect to appreciate the other forums at MMOC. So I quit games? Would you rather I posted it in the wrong forum? I'm a stickler for posting etiquette, unlike some of the mods around here.
    Im guessing the mod is as shocked as the rest of us that you are posting about quitting video games on a website devoted to video games.

My favorite part about the opera is how cold and snuggled you get in your seat.