Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Buy your beta weekend key for 4.95$ US.

Still not sure whether you want to pay 60$ to try the game this beta weekend? Me neither. So I subbed for a month at Curse for 4.95$, got my beta key, unsubbed and got the hell out of there.

In the unlikely case where I won't enjoy GW2, it only cost me 5$. Have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by incarcerated View Post
    Locked in 3... 2... 1...
    I'd hate to be the moderator on a Curse owned forum who locks a thread telling people to buy Curse premium.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-07-10 at 12:55 AM.

Irony?

Yes... yess... delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by incarcerated View Post
    Locked in 3... 2... 1...
    you obviously didn't read the thread

So the game will cost 64.95$ instead of 60

(we all know you're gonna buy it anyway because yeah, GW2 is gorgeous)

*looks on clock* yep..3.25 am in CET.. anyone knows what time they go by anyhow? like Centeral American or what ever it's called

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I'd hate to be the moderator on a Curse owned forum who locks a thread telling people to buy Curse premium.
    Too true. This, by the way, got a really good laugh out of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC curse have 20,000 keys for BWE#3 so if you're planning on doing this you'd better sign up before the other 19,999.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    IIRC curse have 20,000 keys for BWE#3 so if you're planning on doing this you'd better sign up before the other 19,999.
    20k keys for non-premium members, 5k keys for premium members.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Still not sure whether you want to pay 60$ to try the game this beta weekend? Me neither. So I subbed for a month at Curse for 4.95$, got my beta key, unsubbed and got the hell out of there.

...why didn't you just buy the game? Unless you're a grinding MMO fan (WoW, SWTOR, etc), then anyone will definitely enjoy Guild Wars 2 as a whole.

If not, meh. It's no different than any other $60 spent on a game (these days).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    ...why didn't you just buy the game? Unless you're a grinding MMO fan (WoW, SWTOR, etc), then anyone will definitely enjoy Guild Wars 2 as a whole.

If not, meh. It's no different than any other $60 spent on a game (these days).
    There is still grinding in GW2. Just not for better stats on gear. If you want rare looking gear, or acheivements, or to be rich, or to be known on your server in WvW then you better be prepared for hours upon hours of work.

Your strategy wasn't very smart, you could had pre-purchased the game, then try the beta weekend, and if you didn't liked the product, just cancel your pre-purchase and you get a full refund.

Instead, you took the premium membership at curse, which you didn't wanted, and don't intend to keep, paid 5 bucks just to try a beta, and if you don't like it, you get no refund at all.

Sorry to say this, but you my friend, are not very smart.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Your strategy wasn't very smart, you could had pre-purchased the game, then try the beta weekend, and if you didn't liked the product, just cancel your pre-purchase and you get a full refund.

Instead, you took the premium membership at curse, which you didn't wanted, and don't intend to keep, paid 5 bucks just to try a beta, and if you don't like it, you get no refund at all.

Whatever. To some of us, our time spent trying to get a refund is worth more than $5 is. If I were on the fence about this game, which I'm not, I would rather pay $5 than spend even 30 minutes trying to get a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    Whatever. To some of us, our time spent trying to get a refund is worth more than $5 is. If I were on the fence about this game, which I'm not, I would rather pay $5 than spend even 30 minutes trying to get a refund.
    After the beta I want you making a thread or going somewheres very visible and tell us what you found. So we can bash talk to you.

I didn't know pre-purchasing worked like that today. The last time I pre-ordered a game (LOTRO a bunch of years back), you had to deposit something like 10$, and even if you canceled your pre-order, you lost that money.

For me in the end, paying 60 or 65 for the last game I will be playing in my life (I really see nothing else on the horizon, except starcraft 16, warcraft 1452, diablo 3.14, command and conquer tiberium infinity, the elder scrolls who wrote all these things, world of going down the drain, battlefield get shot in real life we're so realistic etc), is not so bad. I'd rather pay 65$ on something really fun and lovingly made like GW2 than on another crappy sequel or "esport" thing.

I didn't know pre-purchasing worked like that today. The last time I pre-ordered a game (LOTRO a bunch of years back), you had to deposit something like 10$, and even if you canceled your pre-order, you lost that money.
    Well, to be fair, I didn't knew it worked like that either. I only learned about it a few weeks back, not that it matters much since I can't pre-purchase from my country U_U

But still, for the people who can do the pre-purchase, its a much better option to just pre-purchase the game, try the beta, and if you're not impressed, cancel the pre-purchase and get a full refund. Of course, mileages may vary on whether or not its faster to just fork over 5 bucks and get the beta key without the pre-purchase in the first place, but for me, who values every penny (no I'm not cheap >_>) spending 5 non-refundable dollars on a game I'm not entirely sure to buy seems like a poor investment. And if you are entirely sure to buy it, then all the more reason to just pre-purchase right away anyways.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

yes you can cancel your preorder. i just pre ordered mine to get in the beta and im probably gonna buy it anyways plus i dont have to wait up till 3am est to get a key from here lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Well, to be fair, I didn't knew it worked like that either. I only learned about it a few weeks back, not that it matters much since I can't pre-purchase from my country U_U

But still, for the people who can do the pre-purchase, its a much better option to just pre-purchase the game, try the beta, and if you're not impressed, cancel the pre-purchase and get a full refund. Of course, mileages may vary on whether or not its faster to just fork over 5 bucks and get the beta key without the pre-purchase in the first place, but for me, who values every penny (no I'm not cheap >_>) spending 5 non-refundable dollars on a game I'm not entirely sure to buy seems like a poor investment. And if you are entirely sure to buy it, then all the more reason to just pre-purchase right away anyways.
    To me, if you are interested enough in a game to try the Beta, that means you will buy it anyway if the reviews are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    After the beta I want you making a thread or going somewheres very visible and tell us what you found. So we can bash talk to you.
    Haha, bash me for what? Being honest? Sorry but $5 isn't a whole lot of money.

You're right, spending $5 to demo a game you're entirely sure to buy isn't a good investment. That's why I pre-purchased before the last BWE. However, the OP that you were ripping on clearly said he wasn't sure if he was going to buy or not and in that case spending 5 bucks may be preferable to having to spend time on hold waiting to get a refund. I know it would be to me if I was unsure about whether I wanted to play or not. If I still played WoW, just getting the premium curse client would make it worthwhile.

I was one of the lucky few to get my key without being a premium member. For like the first hour that they announced the giveaway, anyone in the US could get a key by just logging in, but Curse fixed that soon after.