Been testing the level 90 abilities quite extensively regards damage and utility in boss fights and PvP. Right now our level 90 talents are just plain boring. There seems zero imagination on Blizz's side and each time I respec I find myself picking pretty much the same talents.
    For PvE Barrage is probably the one with the most use: Single Target in full 483 PvP gear, hit and expertise capped its hitting around 60K for a 40 focus shot with 30 seconds cooldown. I'm sorry but didn't they just nerf this ability. As Survival, MM or BM I cannot see myself using this in a single target rotation. In fights with adds and multi target it does marginally better
    Powershot : Probably the worst of our level 90 abilities. Essentially a Thunderstorm with a 3 second cast and one minute cd, critting for 111K, normal hit for around 47K. Due to the cast time, unless theres a crowded area which requires this very precise ability of knockback (although cannot see why a free ET, glyphed cannot work better) this ability is pretty poor. In arena I can see the opposition loling whilst they go make a cup of tea, come back in time as we are finishing the cast time and just LOS us. Perhaps worked with some form of snare it could work but outside that its relatively poor. Again I cannot see this being used in a single target rotation - as GC suggested he wanted us to.
    Glaive Toss: Shorter cd, dmg is pathetic - essentially an arcane shot can do more. Has more use in PvP, but 30% reduction to speed for 3 seconds needs something more to it in order to make it fun.
    I've been playing my hunter since Vanilla. I enjoyed the huge change to Focus although it had its downside in PvP. I just don't find these talents fun nor at the same time do I want to reroll because I've spent so much time on her. What are other peoples experiences to our talents. Granted there are some interesting options, some not so (like Tier 2). If they cannot give us decent new abilities then just work on improving what we have instead of giving us something thats ill thought through and just makes playing the class not as much fun as live is now.

Is it true that Glaive Toss is off the gcd and you can just macro it to, say, your arcane shot and use it on cd? If they are going to give us crappy talents the least they can do is not make us waste another keybind on them.

Seriously, my keybinds are nearing the emergency stage- my explosive trap keybind is control-r, which is not the most convenient thing in the world to press. I don't like using macros like that, but it's better than not being able to reach abilities quickly at all. And I just won't click- it removes the immersive and "real" feel of the game to have to click a spell. Plus, you lose track of your surroundings while looking at tooltips.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2012-07-10 at 09:06 PM.

Any thoughts on which spec is the best one for pve?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    Is it true that Glaive Toss is off the gcd and you can just macro it to, say, your arcane shot and use it on cd? If they are going to give us crappy talents the least they can do is not make us waste another keybind on them.

Seriously, my keybinds are nearing the emergency stage- my explosive trap keybind is control-r, which is not the most convenient thing in the world to press. I don't like using macros like that, but it's better than not being able to reach abilities quickly at all. And I just won't click- it removes the immersive and "real" feel of the game to have to click a spell. Plus, you lose track of your surroundings while looking at tooltips.
    Unless its changed, yes its off the GCD. However, macroing it into an ability might have some consequences as it does cost 20 focus and could focus starve you right when you need that focus for Chimera Shot/Explosive Shot/Kill Command for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Seric View Post
    Any thoughts on which spec is the best one for pve?
    iirc, MM is doing the best right now, however pet scaling is bugged/not full implemented, so BM might jump up in the next patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Unless its changed, yes its off the GCD. However, macroing it into an ability might have some consequences as it does cost 20 focus and could focus starve you right when you need that focus for Chimera Shot/Explosive Shot/Kill Command for instance.

iirc, MM is doing the best right now, however pet scaling is bugged/not full implemented, so BM might jump up in the next patch.
    I would love to see some logs that show that. I'm terrible at MM so i can't really tell how well it does right now.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown soldier View Post
    I would love to see some logs that show that. I'm terrible at MM so i can't really tell how well it does right now.
    I dont have any, sadly. This is just what I've heard from a few people on this thread/other threads. And by few, I meant 2 or 3. I honestly havent seen many hunter logs or data, and the Devs don't talk about us near enough, even if we aren't asking the right questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I don't think. Dire Beast gives about 35 focus over 15 seconds every 30 seconds, plus damage. Fervor gives 50 focus plus 50 more focus over 10 seconds every 30 seconds. To be honest, they'd have to bump up the damage or focus from Dire Beast for it to be comparable to Fervor.
    I would love this. Honestly. But I don't think Blizzard would do that. I mean, wouldn't the damage from Dire Beast make it a direct DPS increase over Fervor? I'd love to have my cake and eat it too. Dire Beast is my all around favorite Hunter move of all time, so I'm totally biased towards it. I want to use it in Northrend and see what animal shows up. (Don't tell me right now! :P )

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    I would love this. Honestly. But I don't think Blizzard would do that. I mean, wouldn't the damage from Dire Beast make it a direct DPS increase over Fervor? I'd love to have my cake and eat it too. Dire Beast is my all around favorite Hunter move of all time, so I'm totally biased towards it. I want to use it in Northrend and see what animal shows up. (Don't tell me right now! :P )
    I'm sure they could find a balance between damage and focus to make it competive(if not just lsightly worse/better than Fervor), that way it could be more of which method do you prefer: damage and slow focus over time, or no damage and burst focus?

Deleted
    Survival gets a lot of damage from dots, which is just a different model than Marks. We can push damage numbers around a bit (perhaps nerf Cobra Shot so it's not quite so much of an upgrade over Steady Shot) but at some point that's just going to mean the difference between MM and SV is the name of their signature shot. Dots also can be really powerful in PvP. I would want to see some more testing before determining that Survival needs very high burst damage to be PvP viable.

GC on surv pvp damage.

- Yes DoT's can be powerful in pvp, but thats if we can multi dot. There's really no reason or option using explo shot and BA.
    - There's no dispell protection for the DoTs. Even with the increased cost of dispelling, its gonna hurt alot if its removed.

Wasnt the original point about that hunters post being that survival output is just pathetic? He/she/it only used a rbg as an example as far as im concerned. The output is low and it got backed up with figures (page 84 on US class feedback) an so on. GC missed the point.

Hopefully someone will point that out

Deleted
    I just read what GC wrote.
    And if it goes to a whole other issue, even the more reason to look at it. For pvp

Short new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdcgp...ature=youtu.be

This hapless but lovable undergeared rogue kept trying to gank me on beta. I killed him like 5 times, but he kept coming after me. Finally he decided that what he really needed to do was stand next to a cliff and apply crippling poison to his dagger.

On a more disturbing note, I had previously tried to set up explosive trap knockbacks with scatter shots and wyvern stings, but he kept dodging them. Proving that rng dodge mechanics are completely skill-less and benefit even the worst players.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2012-07-11 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypo View Post
    Wasnt the original point about that hunters post being that survival output is just pathetic? He/she/it only used a rbg as an example as far as im concerned. The output is low and it got backed up with figures (page 84 on US class feedback) an so on. GC missed the point.

Hopefully someone will point that out
    Pretty much. I think hunter damage as a whole is very low at 90(from what Ive read). but then again, maybe GCs point was that it will be fine(once we're buffed up/internal build/etc).

Braindeadly was doing very good damage in the level 90 arena video of his that I saw. Yes, he's Braindeadly, but by comparison Vanguards (the best ret in the world) was doing much less damage in a video of his that I saw. So I don't think our damage is all that bad from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    Braindeadly was doing very good damage in the level 90 arena video of his that I saw. Yes, he's Braindeadly, but by comparison Vanguards (the best ret in the world) was doing much less damage in a video of his that I saw. So I don't think our damage is all that bad from what I've seen.
    Could you link the video? I tried finding it on his youtube, but the only MoP 90 video i found was about talents. :S

Looking forward to the new changes for Hunters. I really like the direction they are taking them in MoP.

One thing that I was not a fan of however, was the ever-changing "haste plateau" that we needed to hit in Cata, especially as Marks. The constant need to shift and reshift our stats to achieve this special number felt more like a burden than anything else. I was hoping that might have changed as well, but it's hard to tell from watching beta vids.

Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not haste from gear affects our Steady, Aimed and Cobra Shot cast times? Or do they have a fixed cast time, only effected by talents and other class buffs? Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Looking forward to the new changes for Hunters. I really like the direction they are taking them in MoP.

One thing that I was not a fan of however, was the ever-changing "haste plateau" that we needed to hit in Cata, especially as Marks. The constant need to shift and reshift our stats to achieve this special number felt more like a burden than anything else. I was hoping that might have changed as well, but it's hard to tell from watching beta vids.

Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not haste from gear affects our Steady, Aimed and Cobra Shot cast times? Or do they have a fixed cast time, only effected by talents and other class buffs? Thanks in advance!
    If they didn't make haste affect our steady/cobra, then that would make haste completely and utterly useless. Yes, it still affects steady and cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post

That is a comment that makes me want to shoot my own hunter -_-"
    Cast-Time shots will scale with haste like before, even in MoP. No time in Cata anybody forced someone into haste plateaus for Hunter. EJ, Whitefyst for all, makes a beautful number crunshing for MM about: "when is haste valuable and when not". 756 haste // 21xx are not actual plateaus. This are numbers in a perfect world where you fit a focus neutral rotation. With non-linear delay through your ping, human reaction times and whatever no human is ever capable of using this straight numbers. We arent have scaling dots for breakpoints. So the only thing this math provides was 2 playstyles for different high haste and numbers of shots/cycle.

4.0 Haste Plateaus
    The value of haste plateaus has declined. It's my recommendation that you ignore them, and dont gear towards specific haste plateaus. Instead, I recommend that you simply reforge with Crit being the priority, and try to get your haste level as high as you can, at the expense of mastery or exessive hit. Try to never reforge Crit to Haste.

I strongly, strongly recommend that you use the Aimed Shot dump method in T13 content. Most of the movement on the different boss fights can be very predictable, meaning you should know when to Aimed Shot safely, and when you should switch to Arcane Shot.

If you still feel haste plateaus are the way to go for you, Elitistjerks recommends any haste level between the old 12.93% and up to 26.48%. It all depends on your situation.

_________

The present build on beta give me a bad feeling 'bout hunter in MoP. GC always talk about later beta-builds we should wait for in different posts. Thus I hope pet-scaling an the 90s will be updated in the next days

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    That is a comment that makes me want to shoot my own hunter -_-"
    Cast-Time shots will scale with haste like before, even in MoP. No time in Cata anybody forced someone into haste plateaus for Hunter. EJ, Whitefyst for all, makes a beautful number crunshing for MM about: "when is haste valuable and when not". 756 haste // 21xx are not actual plateaus. This are numbers in a perfect world where you fit a focus neutral rotation. With non-linear delay through your ping, human reaction times and whatever no human is ever capable of using this straight numbers. We arent have scaling dots for breakpoints. So the only thing this math provides was 2 playstyles for different high haste and numbers of shots/cycle.

_________

The present build on beta give me a bad feeling 'bout hunter in MoP. GC always talk about later beta-builds we should wait for in different posts. Thus I hope pet-scaling an the 90s will be updated in the next days
    I've never really paid attention to haste plateaus, they're good in practice but have too many flaws imo. But hey maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    Im sure there will be a build either tomorrow or Thursday. And I hope so much that it has pet scaling fixed, our damage numbers fixed, and our talent changes. *crosses fingers*