Thread: Post Your UI

WHY TREESTON WHY YOU WERE SO AWESOME

joke.

back on topic, screen of my ui as today in MoP. i made also lock bars - todo nameplates, and then turning off all the blizz combat text and proc things.

Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    WHY TREESTON WHY YOU WERE SO AWESOME
    People sending reports about it, and them being right to do so.
    You know, all that 'keeping threads on-topic' stuff. Kinda my job.

:*( well, the thread is still alive so it's good anyway

posting images of lock bars

Demo (demonic fury)

Affli (soul shards)

Destro (burning embers)

Treeston is the most awesome.

Treeston for mod-king 2012! <3<3

@Cold

The red/blue borders gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    @Cold

The red/blue borders gotta go.
    Yeah, you're right. Making a coupe of dot indicators (red combat, blue resting), just i don't have a clue where to put them.

Deleted
    This is my UI

I use it for tanking/healing/dpsing and I'm comfortable with it.
    Suggestions are more than welcome.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-07-11 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crimzor View Post
    This is my UI

I use it for tanking/healing/dpsing and I'm comfortable with it.
    Suggestions are more than welcome.
    Looks kind of funcional I guess.

Although I would swap out your map for something simpler. Like the simple square you get in Sexymap.

And, I would use some addon to track your buffs. So that you can cut down on the ammount of buffs you actually see. You don't need to see every single buff you recieve, so that's just clutter.

Aaaand! I would get rid of the bars in the middle. But that's only if you're very comfortable with your hotkeys. I have no hotkeys at all visible, only some small things like food etc faded away to the right.

I agree with the map thing, a good addon for the buffs is probably Aura Frames or SBF. I personally prefer Aura Frames because they're a little more convenient AND can be recolored and skinned to fit the UI. The Power Auras is keeping track of pretty much everything an ele shaman needs to know so be sure to keep that around.

Probably the only problem I may have with that UI is where the raid frames are positioned, as a DPS i prefer to have them kind of out of the way.

Good looking UI nonetheless, so long as you can play with it and you feel comfortable.

10+ Year Old Account

Been using this UI for a month or so and I'm pretty happy with it. I've built it up over the course of Cataclysm and it's probably the most solid UI I've made, since I like to change my interface up a lot. I'm basically trying to consolidate as many addon functions I can into a small number of addons, while trying to keep as many of the features that I personally need. Looking for some criticisms or advice on the UI itself and if there is anything I can change.

Addon list
    alDamageMeter
    bChat
    Bigwigs
    dNameplates
    DocsDebugRunes
    FreebTip
    iMinimap
    oUF_Skaarj
    rActionBarStyler
    rActionButtonStyler
    rBuffFrameStyler
    TellMeWhen
    tullaCC
    tullaRange

Very nice looking you, solid work and almost the same setup as my UI.

Though I don't like shadows on the chat frame. Furthermore I don't like seperated bars on bossmods.
    I'm not sure on how do you handle the debuffs because Heroism CD is near your Minimap...I like them more centered e.g. above my playerframe.

But cool UI anyways^^

Here's mine, it's ElvUI but I've customized it and have only kept ElvUI's unitframes since they are sexy .

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-07-12 at 04:27 PM.
    Sig by Listrata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother View Post
    Very nice looking you, solid work and almost the same setup as my UI.

Though I don't like shadows on the chat frame. Furthermore I don't like seperated bars on bossmods.
    I'm not sure on how do you handle the debuffs because Heroism CD is near your Minimap...I like them more centered e.g. above my playerframe.

But cool UI anyways^^
    I have the chat frame font outlined since it was an alternative to a chat background, which I dislike and find that it interrupts the flow of the UI unless you have a similar chat box on the opposite side of the screen. I agree with you on the bigwigs bars, I'm using the Tuk bar style which adds a border around the bar, but also adds a 2px spacing or so. I never really looked for an option for getting rid of it but I guess it's there in the lua somewhere.
    I have important debuffs tied to a TellMeWhen group, which appears just under my rune frame. I have it show stuff like Fading Light, the blood on Morchok etc. It basically leaves my debuff bar at the minimap for less important stuff like Sated/Weakened Soul.

Thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTitan View Post
    Here's mine, it's ElvUI but I've customized it and have only kept ElvUI's unitframes since they are sexy .

http://i.imgur.com/0WRWc.jpg

Can't make a large clickable thumbnail with Imgur, anyone know how?
    Put an m at the end of the image URL, http://i.imgur.com/0WRWcm.jpg. This will put it in a thumbnail. Then just attach a link to the full size image on the thumbnail.
    Last edited by frantik; 2012-07-12 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyz View Post
    Not related to the UI at all, but am I missing something here? Level 40 with Glaives. Wasn't aware you could Xmog legendaries

Deleted
    Kyz, you should remove that

Since I'm back home from the army for a couple of days I figured I'd use some spare time to tinker with a new UI. I decided to try out an aurora themed UI, starting to get places but still a WIP ^^

Here is how it looks so far.

^^^^^ Love it, love everything about it lol

What font are you using on the chat?
    Last edited by Rollover1212; 2012-07-13 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    Since I'm back home from the army for a couple of days I figured I'd use some spare time to tinker with a new UI. I decided to try out an aurora themed UI, starting to get places but still a WIP ^^

Here is how it looks so far.

Beside some alignment issues : UF/Hotbars, Minimap/XP bar, hotbar next to minimap, target buffs, etc... basically, there's a lot of misalignment that look to be ~1-2 px off - but it really looks sharp!

I don't care for the pixel font (and I like pixel fonts): it might be your screenshot or the size of the picture, but that font on your UF is barely legible (almost looks like the wrong size?).

Also, is that STUF or an oUF layout?
    Last edited by Quse; 2012-07-13 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post
    Beside some alignment issues : UF/Hotbars, Minimap/XP bar, hotbar next to minimap, target buffs, etc... basically, there's a lot of misalignment that look to be ~1-2 px off - but it really looks sharp!

I don't care for the pixel font (and I like pixel fonts): it might be your screenshot or the size of the picture, but that font on your UF is barely legible (almost looks like the wrong size?).

Also, is that STUF or an oUF layout?
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on the alignment issues, I see some of them myself now. But in-game there it doesn't look to be that many alignment issues, may just be the screenshot making it look that way. I belive the pixel font is Hooge0656 at size 8, so the size should be correct, again it may be the screenshot. Did you zoom in once after the screenshot was loaded, because it seems it goes into the right size then.

The UF is STUF

15+ Year Old Account

I miss playing around with interfaces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post

I miss playing around with interfaces.
    Its sad but that is the original reason i caved and began to play again :/

When a wild forum troll appears