Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can I say that while I'm extremely excited for the release of tl2 I'm also a tad worried that it will suffer from the D3 phenomenon of not meeting players expectations? I've played the beta and had a blast personally so I know what to expect I'm just not sure if that can be said universally.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    You got more chance of winning the lottery.
    Sad but true.

The mod scene for TL2 is going to be amazing.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-07-16 at 04:28 AM.

Just a reminder, let's not turn this into a TL2 vs. D3 debate.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Just a reminder, let's not turn this into a TL2 vs. D3 debate.
    Sorry didn't mean to, I'll edit my last post

Modding is going to be released right away, Personally im going to attempt to make my own dungeon/quest or class first before playing.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Can I say that while I'm extremely excited for the release of tl2 I'm also a tad worried that it will suffer from the D3 phenomenon of not meeting players expectations? I've played the beta and had a blast personally so I know what to expect I'm just not sure if that can be said universally.
    Exactly. I was on diablofans the other day and someone went as far as saying (not word for word) "The patch that will fix D3 is called Torchlight 2."

Now, I know very little about this game. I, however, played the original game quite a bit. Unless TL2 is miles better than the original, people are going to be disappointed. The gameplay is fun, but once you beat the game, that's all that's left. Sure, start over the game, it'll be fun playing it all over again - that is if you enjoyed it in D3.

I know for a fact I will be purchasing this game as soon as it releases, $20 is a steal. I know at the end of the day I'll be happy with my purchase because I'm not expecting a D3 killer.

Edit: Totally forgot about modding. That doesn't add much excitement for me, but for some it may be enough to tip the scales a lot.
    Last edited by lopk; 2012-07-16 at 04:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Exactly. I was on diablofans the other day and someone went as far as saying (not word for word) "The patch that will fix D3 is called Torchlight 2."

Now, I know very little about this game. I, however, played the original game quite a bit. Unless TL2 is miles better than the original, people are going to be disappointed. The gameplay is fun, but once you beat the game, that's all that's left. Sure, start over the game, it'll be fun playing it all over again - that is if you enjoyed it in D3.

I know for a fact I will be purchasing this game as soon as it releases, $20 is a steal. I know at the end of the day I'll be happy with my purchase because I'm not expecting a D3 killer.

Edit: Totally forgot about modding. That doesn't add much excitement for me, but for some it may be enough to tip the scales a lot.
    From what I've seen and heard, a lot of the things people didn't like about the original TL have been fixed. The skill levelling system is better, explorable world rather different levels of a dungeon, multi player and also the game has been made more difficult.

Even on the highest difficulty rating, the Beta was very easy. No real need to manage any resource. As a tank built Engineer I was dropping in multiplayer games on Elite+ and rushing the whole thing in about 15-20mins. They may have adjusted things. But it was a pretty easy stroll no matter the difficulty.

Great game regardless.

Hi,
    great post!
    I like Torchlight game.
    Thanks.

I thought they were going to make a Torchlight mmo

Sooo how close are we?!
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    I thought they were going to make a Torchlight mmo
    Fairly unlikely to see the light of day anytime soon. Esp. considering how long the development of the sequel has taken Runic.

They are sort of a small company. I think they said they have 25-30 employees in total? Yea. They're pretty small.

Quote Originally Posted by Restos3 View Post
    Sooo how close are we?!
    Waiting for an announcement of release date close!

That is pretty close... and far away at the same time!
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

10+ Year Old Account
    This game just looks better and better.

There was an official post here that talks about how much more content is being put out. There's also an image in the article that sums it up, but the picture is huge.
    Last edited by Olianda; 2012-07-25 at 04:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

I did not search for the torchlight 2 mega-thread, and my thread was closed, but this picture made me warm and fuzzy!

PS: if Minecraft gets its own sub-forum, i demand one for torchlight 2, once its out. please! =D i love the mmo-community and I would love a torchlight sub-forum to take part in. kthx
    Last edited by Barcasaur; 2012-07-25 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    PS: if Minecraft gets its own sub-forum, i demand one for torchlight 2, once its out. please! =D i love the mmo-community and I would love a torchlight sub-forum to take part in. kthx
    It would be really great. It is too early to speak about it yet though, because game is not released yet (but should be released in 2 monthes max), but I hope it will get enough attention here for making sub-forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm now with the mop date, I'm kind of unconfortable with this...
    or it comes before or way later...

I don't really care, I already bought the game and I'm not playing wow (nor will) but with wow running again we'll get more and more troll/flamers
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    hmmm now with the mop date, I'm kind of unconfortable with this...
    or it comes before or way later...

I don't really care, I already bought the game and I'm not playing wow (nor will) but with wow running again we'll get more and more troll/flamers
    I don't know why...I mean, other than this being the internet...after my week of crazy, sleepless leveling I will be back to playing 800 games at the same time again. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I don't know why...I mean, other than this being the internet...after my week of crazy, sleepless leveling I will be back to playing 800 games at the same time again. *shrug*
    You mean after 12 hours of crazy, sleepless leveling.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You mean after 12 hours of crazy, sleepless leveling.
    For each class I already have an 85 of, which is all of them? And a monk? No...I mean a week.

edit: since the other thread was locked b/c of duplication

So totally looking forward to blasting faces as an Engineer with my trust Ferret sidekick Fe....a Weasel named Fe....hrmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus 1344 affix count. Should provide for some interesting items.