Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Not that I would know of...I literally just go through page by page and look for my name (if you do it during loading no one will have heroes so the game will stand out immediately), doesn't take too long since I'll be near the top. If you're on page like 50 I can see why this would be a problem but I don't know if there's a way around it.

Honestly Valve should just release the MMR, make it private if they want but just let us know what it is.
    Yeah, I agree, private MMR would be awesome. I've always wondered because I always have sort of a rollercoaster. Sometimes I'll win 5 games in a row, sometimes lose 7 in a row, etc. But a lot of the time, I don't feel like people I'm playing with are of similar skill. I do often, but then there's games where Tidehunter goes 1-16 and such.

Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    Gracefully clicks on [Megathread] Dota 2

Sees Kuntantee throwing outdated facts about TA being countered with outdated spells etc...
    (Like come on, at least play the current version of Dota 1 before throwing that rubbish around)

Proclaims more skill than various posters in this form. Has 0 links, videos or scoreboard to back up this claim. (I'm 350apm+ techies rampage & godlike myself)

Back OT, I'm super excited they have added the majority of heroes into the game. But I'm going to hold out until release
    Don't make me spam scoreboards here boy.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-16 at 12:59 AM.

I really wish they'd just stop trying to use math to make "fair" games, myself. I almost always lose when I queue with friends because of the matchmaking system trying to find "fair" games. That in turn drags my MMR down and I end up winning easy/boring games solo queueing. Plus, the MMR itself seems to fluctuate so much - just a few days ago I played a game where I was on page 12 and then the next game I was page 1 against Fear/etc.

In the end I don't actually put much stock in winrate or individual wins or losses themselves. 15 losses in a row feels bad but doesn't make you a bad player, it's a team game at the end of the day. I honestly feel like I did everything I could when I'm 5-2-18 as Thrall constantly warding/etc and our only carry, Void, is 1-9.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I really wish they'd just stop trying to use math to make "fair" games, myself. I almost always lose when I queue with friends because of the matchmaking system trying to find "fair" games. That in turn drags my MMR down and I end up winning easy/boring games solo queueing. Plus, the MMR itself seems to fluctuate so much - just a few days ago I played a game where I was on page 12 and then the next game I was page 1 against Fear/etc.

In the end I don't actually put much stock in winrate or individual wins or losses themselves. 15 losses in a row feels bad but doesn't make you a bad player, it's a team game at the end of the day. I honestly feel like I did everything I could when I'm 5-2-18 as Thrall constantly warding/etc and our only carry, Void, is 1-9.
    Yeah, that's why I never liked the MMR system for DotA, unless it's like a ranked team. Because at the end of the day if you are playing support, you aren't going to be the deciding factor of whether your team wins or not. (You can, in part... but you can't beat a fed carry 90% of the time.)

Quote Originally Posted by kuntantee View Post
    don't make me spam scoreboards here boy.
    go for it !

I usually don't watch soaps, but anyone care for some popcorn?

Quote Originally Posted by conceit2 View Post
    I usually don't watch soaps, but anyone care for some popcorn?
    popcorn sounds nice

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Yeah, that's why I never liked the MMR system for DotA, unless it's like a ranked team. Because at the end of the day if you are playing support, you aren't going to be the deciding factor of whether your team wins or not. (You can, in part... but you can't beat a fed carry 90% of the time.)
    I *think* they're going to add a non-rating queue when the game releases or some time, they've implied it in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    go for it !
    The last thingI would do is putting some screenshots to make some random people believe me.

Okay man I'm noob and shit I'm also lying

are you happy now?

ps: If you wondering that much add me in steam and we play together then you will see how good I am.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-16 at 09:32 AM.

Lysah, how would the non-MMR queue work?

Kuntantee, add me on steam, we can play and see the skill levels.

Kintantee is my steam ID, any1 can add me. My avatar is DotA2 symbol. I'm kinda busy these days. I'm in a competition(LPC). I may not be able to find much time to play but after that I'll have some free time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The last thingI would do is putting some screenshots to make some random people believe me.

Okay man I'm noob and shit I'm also lying

are you happy now?

ps: If you wondering that much add me in steam and we play together then you will see how good I am.
    Skill and game knowledge are two entirely different things. Take Artosis for example, he's a great Starcraft 2 caster and has excellent game knowledge but when it comes to actually playing the game, he isn't (or wasn't, i'm not sure if he has improved) particularly very good.

Your skill in-game has absolutely no basis in any discussion regarding mechanics, fact of the matter is, you were wrong and made yourself look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You can disable meld...it's not a usual invisibility. If you move or get stunned it will fade. Don't make me list the heroes who can disable meld.
    Stuns do not disable Meld. Fact.

When making comments about game mechanics, especially when trying to argue hero or skill balance, you should at least make sure that what you're posting is accurate and up-to-date.

Now, if you could stop derailing the thread that would be lovely. I'm sure nobody actually gives a toss about how skilled or unskilled you are, just how accurate your statements are.

On-topic: the matchmaking system is really odd at times. I've been playing a little on a new account and I can go from facing people with 50 wins one game to 400 wins the next. I know number of wins isn't indicative of skill but the experience from additional games played should have more of an affect. Oddly enough i'm already playing games of very high skill level, despite the fact that I only have 14 wins. :P
    Last edited by mmocc7215da24b; 2012-07-16 at 10:39 AM.

I don't know... my steam ID is Kintantee

Just link ur profile

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047079391/

It was private. Now, it's public.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-16 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jangri- View Post
    Lysah, how would the non-MMR queue work?

Kuntantee, add me on steam, we can play and see the skill levels.
    First come first server or instant queues all around or else a low priority #wins matchup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy christ Rubick's fun. Think I found my new favorite hero in pubs. Feeding Sven his own goddamn stormbolt never gets old.

Watched the first 2/3 of the first Mouz vs Na'Vi finals game and... yeah, I'm sorry, PA needs nerfs really bad. I'm fine with the damage, but I had no fucking idea her dagger was basically free. When it has such a long range, does so much damage vs creeps, and has 50% uptime on the slow... yeah, fuck that, you might as well be playing with cheats on.

No fucking wonder PA shits on pubs so hard, I always thought that dagger had some kind of mana cost. Can't deny the PA farm since she can just chill a screen away and last hit with the little dagger throw. It's less farm than she'd get if she was able to stay in melee, but hugging the tower like that makes you almost immune to ganks and it's better than no farm. And I thought stormbolt stuns were bad.

And the more I play with them, the more certain I am that both BKB and Force Staff need nerfs of some sort. BKB is just way too good for its cost before the 5 sec duration (and it's so cheap it's not hard to sell and buy a new one later on), and I think we've already mentioned that Force Staff is a Blink Dagger with stats and no restrictions before. I guess you could make it more expensive (up to around 5k or so), but I think that'd be stupid - then all you do is stack disables and grats you win before they can even afford the BKBs they need to not die horribly. Still think an ideal compromise would be to basically steal LoL's Tenacity concept, but that'd mean adding completely new content, which I think would be harder than rebalancing existing content.

I'm not sure if Force Staff should be disabled on taking damage, though - I think no one would make it if that happened - but maybe the distance can be chopped down a tad? It's, what, like 650 units now? Maybe knock it down to 575 and see how that shakes things up? It's just so easy to spend 2200 on a Force Staff and suddenly you have a stat stick that can do anything - save teammates, shove teammates into better positions, fuck up enemy positioning, save your own ass, move your own ass into position. Makes we wonder why people even bother with Blink Dagger anymore.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'm not sure if Force Staff should be disabled on taking damage, though - I think no one would make it if that happened - but maybe the distance can be chopped down a tad? It's, what, like 650 units now? Maybe knock it down to 575 and see how that shakes things up? It's just so easy to spend 2200 on a Force Staff and suddenly you have a stat stick that can do anything - save teammates, shove teammates into better positions, fuck up enemy positioning, save your own ass, move your own ass into position. Makes we wonder why people even bother with Blink Dagger anymore.
    You'd still be able to use it on allies who have taken damage, assuming you hadn't taken damage yourself. That's more of a bandage if anything, force staff is supposed to have a different mechanic to blink dagger.

There are plenty of downsides to force over blink, firstly the enemy has a longer reaction time so heroes like Tidehunter are more likely to get disabled on the way in. Secondly, force isn't as effective for heroes like SK who need to get into the action as soon as possible. And lastly, the whole point of the blink on some heroes (like Lanaya for example, to get good Psi Blade cleaves) is for precise positioning. That's much harder to do with force. I don't think it's that strong really in comparison, maybe the distance could do with a little tweak as it's probably a tad too strong against melee heroes.
    Last edited by mmocc7215da24b; 2012-07-16 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auk View Post
    You'd still be able to use it on allies who have taken damage, assuming you hadn't taken damage yourself. That's more of a bandage if anything, force staff is supposed to have a different mechanic to blink dagger.

There are plenty of downsides to force over blink, firstly the enemy has a longer reaction time so heroes like Tidehunter are more likely to get disabled on the way in. Secondly, force isn't as effective for heroes like SK who need to get into the action as soon as possible. And lastly, the whole point of the blink on some heroes (like Lanaya for example, to get good Psi Blade cleaves) is for precise positioning. That's much harder to do with force. I don't think it's that strong really in comparison, maybe the distance could do with a little tweak as it's probably a tad too strong against melee heroes.
    How does the enemy team get more reaction time? Near as I can tell, it's the same distance as Blink, so it's not like they'd have more opportunity and unlike Blink, they can't pop you with something on your way in to prevent you from doing your job.

I need to test more, but it also appears Force Staff doesn't interrupt channeling abilities.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow