Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    Ugh, no thanks! Those are the 5 levels that need to go bye bye the fastest. I cannot stand the cata leveling zones.
    Yeh i actually had to say bye to 3 chars because i just couldnt be arsed those zones anymore.. the first few times their fun but then they are horrendous. even worse then outland and northrend in my opinion *ofcourse afther the northrend nerf thank god for that*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You are misunderstanding what it means then, and probably didnt notice the xp increase from the hierlooms.

[...]

You should probably do extensive testing. Dual-boxing? Perhaps you were killing different lvls, or not paying attention. Was your second character at a lower lvl then the other? Different levels earn xp based on a % rate of total xp- a lvl 10 killing a lvl 10 mob might recieve 100 xp, while a lvl 11 killing a lvl 10 mob might recieve 102 xp- less % based then the previous lvl for the lvl difference between the lvl 11 and 10 mob, but more xp total then the lvl 10 accounting for the % difference (This is just an example, but higher lvls recieve more xp then lower lvls, although its a lower % compared to lower lvls)
    You assume a lot. No, both characters were the exact same level, killing the exact same mobs (obviously?) and yes, I did take note of whether the heirlooms were affecting me or not--- because if they were, I wouldn't have worn them.

How can I be misinterpreting? It's pretty clear that when something says "the maximum increase you can receive at any given time is 300%" it means "the maximum increase you can receive at any given time is 300%." Not 310. Not 350. Not "it doesn't stack with itself, but it stacks with other things, and there is no max". It means "the maximum increase you can receive at any given time is 300%."

Like I said, if you were receiving over this amount, it was probably due to a bug.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2012-07-17 at 12:30 PM.

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    The Elixier works with Heirlooms. People posted on wowhead and they got about 335% experience, 300% without levelgear. Sadly it drops only from that one mob so we CANT farm it to powerlevel a Monk.

Deleted
    Kroll the Blade. Hehe. I remember getting the krol blade boe epic back in the days of vanilla and almost peeing my pants. :-)

I'm guessing it's just to do with being beta, but his respawn timer is fairly low currently. So if that goes live, may be 'farmable' to some extent. Either way RAF will be easier (if it works with Monks, which i assume it will)

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Does it bind on pick up or can i trade it?
    They do not bind, can trade to whomever you wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    You assume a lot. No, both characters were the exact same level, killing the exact same mobs (obviously?) and yes, I did take note of whether the heirlooms were affecting me or not--- because if they were, I wouldn't have worn them.

How can I be misinterpreting? It's pretty clear that when something says "the maximum increase you can receive at any given time is 300%" it means "the maximum increase you can receive at any given time is 300%." Not 310. Not 350. Not "it doesn't stack with itself, but it stacks with other things, and there is no max". It means "the maximum increase you can receive at any given time is 300%."

Like I said, if you were receiving over this amount, it was probably due to a bug.
    And yet, there are multiple ppl, besides myself, stating that they know for a fact that hierlooms stack with the RaF. If it wasnt stacking for you, its possible that you were experiencing a bug. Although, a question- at what time did you RaF yourself? Back when Hierlooms were first introduced, they DIDNT stack with the RaF xp, nor even with each other (The each other part wasnt really known until they introduced hierloom chest, which was quickly hotfixed). I believe it took a while for blizz to hotfix the hierloom not stacking with RaF

Either way, if you were to do a new RaF right NOW, you would find that it does, indeed, stack with hierlooms, guild bonus, holiday buffs, and zone buffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by KelaniScar View Post
    Curious place for these to drop, but it's not from alchemy or archaeology. At least should be able to get the Warlock to 90 faster :3.

WoW... cheers for the video!! He doesn't say whether the potion is consumable or permanent!

EDIT: Ah, it seems that is has one charge and lasts for an hour!
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-07-17 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krovicz View Post
    There is no way to get beyond 300% XP-bonus, cause it's capped at that point.
    well the post made by LoRe says otherwise. and for some reason i truest him more then you.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    well the post made by LoRe says otherwise. and for some reason i truest him more then you.
    I can also confirm that Heirlooms stack with Raf currently. Leveling a shaman with an alt account priest, whom I started both at the same time. I was going a random 5 man run and upon completion my Shaman with full heirlooms received 105k experience, whereas my priest only received 50k.

Rested experience however does not stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    I can also confirm that Heirlooms stack with Raf currently. Leveling a shaman with an alt account priest, whom I started both at the same time. I was going a random 5 man run and upon completion my Shaman with full heirlooms received 105k experience, whereas my priest only received 50k.

Rested experience however does not stack.

i did raf back in april of 2009 and specifically remember having a several level lead over my cousin after awhile. i had boa shoulders and he didnt.

.. if its a bug, they sure are slow about fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    EDIT: Ah, it seems that is has one charge and lasts for an hour!
    Sadly, yus. But it's not unique either. So you can keep a few on them on your person, if you can get a hold of a few :P

15+ Year Old Account
    And yet, there are multiple ppl, besides myself, stating that they know for a fact that hierlooms stack with the RaF. If it wasnt stacking for you, its possible that you were experiencing a bug.
    Except no. Because the words are right there on the FAQ: The maximum XP a player can have at one time is 300%. So if it IS indeed stacking for you and others, that is what is most likely the bug. Being that a bug is the game behaving in an unintended way, and the intention is stated in the FAQ.

Although, a question- at what time did you RaF yourself? Back when Hierlooms were first introduced, they DIDNT stack with the RaF xp, nor even with each other (The each other part wasnt really known until they introduced hierloom chest, which was quickly hotfixed). I believe it took a while for blizz to hotfix the hierloom not stacking with RaF
    End of last year. Not when heirlooms were first introduced. I did it for the rocket mount, and the joy of dualboxing druids

You can't "hotfix" something that's not a bug. If Blizz says "The maximum XP bonus is 300%," then the bug is you getting any bonus over that, not anyone who isn't getting a bonus over that. Unless and until a blue states otherwise.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    No experience altering items stack with RaF. RaF bonus is the highest possible bonus you can attain. Don't really need to bring out a blue since it's always been something a lot of people have known about RaF.
    That's just not true at all. If the recruiter has full heirlooms and the recruitee doesn't have any (a fairly common situation I might add), the recruiter will outlevel the recruitee even if they do everything together and only get shared xp together.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Except no. Because the words are right there on the FAQ: The maximum XP a player can have at one time is 300%. So if it IS indeed stacking for you and others, that is what is most likely the bug. Being that a bug is the game behaving in an unintended way, and the intention is stated in the FAQ.

End of last year. Not when heirlooms were first introduced. I did it for the rocket mount, and the joy of dualboxing druids

You can't "hotfix" something that's not a bug. If Blizz says "The maximum XP bonus is 300%," then the bug is you getting any bonus over that, not anyone who isn't getting a bonus over that. Unless and until a blue states otherwise.
    The maximum bonus of the RAF/Rest XP type is in fact, as the FAQ states 300%. However, these two bonuses are applied to base XP per kill or quest AFTER it is modified by heirloom.

For example, a quest pays 1000 solo. If you have 2 x 10% heirloom pieces, it will pay 1200 solo.

As it is a quest, rest XP will not change it. If you turn that quest in under RAF with your partner within the range and level requirements, it will pay 3600.

That is still a 300% modifier on what is for practical purposes a separate XP calculation.

You can call it a bug but it has been this way since the first time I did RAF before Cataclysm came out, it was the same when I did it with a friend a few months into Cataclysm and it is the same right now.

The one change I've seen in RAF is that when I did it a few months into Cataclysm triple XP actually worked all the way from 80 to 81 and you could actually grant an 80.99 to 81.99 with an 81 on referred account.

The FAQ says what it says and depending on how you look at what the "base XP" is, 300% is truly the max. It just happens that base XP is modified by heirlooms and probably other things as a separate calculation, just as group bonuses are added after the tripling as a separate thing.

If it's a bug, it's a bug that goes back to Wrath so it is clearly not a high priority and repeating that the FAQ says something doesn't change the fact that the heirloom working with RAF (by modifying the base XP calculation) is 100% consistent with what Blizzard says and is repeatable and verified by numerous posters. It is what it is and when you refer to a paper document rather than evidence of reality, you are just misleading people.

This is how that works. There is in fact, 1 million dollars under your doormat in pennies.

See, I said it in print. Are you going to go look?

I doubt it.
    Last edited by hyphnos; 2012-07-18 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gootgot View Post
    Really ? it took me 3hours to get 3 bars on lvl 86...
    Reading all the quests and checking out surroundings and stuff, but still...
    3 bars in 3 hours? what were you doing, wandering around, not touching quests? You could have finished old Jade forest in 3-4 hours easily on a first playthrough on premade, DS geared toons will just blow through all the zones in 15 hours... if they play with one hand only.

Does anyone know if you're able to use " Elixir of Ancient Knowledge " at 84 when u are about 99% and then take advantage of it at lvl 85+ ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anix View Post
    Does anyone know if you're able to use " Elixir of Ancient Knowledge " at 84 when u are about 99% and then take advantage of it at lvl 85+ ?
    Goodjob necro'ing this post lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mooshimanx
    In addition, since I hit 85 while the pot was active, I can tell you what happens - you just lose the buff a few seconds after dinging 85. You don't get to keep it to level through Jade Forest. Anything you have past 85 is wasted.
    If you had read wowhead for 2 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not infracting anyone for this since the question was valid but next time make a new thread instead of resurrecting one that's over a year old. Thanks.

Closing this so it's unlike to happen again.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."