Page 83 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    you gotta link to that leaked convo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Had to search back through this thread since I couldn't remember for the like of me where it was but here

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...w_john_peters/

Link to the reddit that has the downloads as well as a summary if you don't want to download.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this posted, But some excellent Footage of a Char Thief from Kur1Gaming -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow3bf...3&feature=plcp
    This is Part 1 of 4 from his Livestream.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryblood View Post
    Worked Really Hard on Crafting this Build, be ready for a long read if you want to read everything I said, busted out some of my math skillz as well.

http://en.gw2codex.com/build/3768/show
    Well done, I like how detailed your description is. I really hope that you do similar calculations when game is live. ^_^

Personally I will try sword + dagger to get Infiltrator's Strike(shadowstep to foe and return) & Flanking Strike(evade/go behind the enemy). I will try a bit more confusing playstyle with quick movement. Other weaponset could be pistol + dagger. Mainly for Shadow Strike(shadowstep away), not sure about this tho, I noticed that I used to carry ranged set as second weapon set. I think I will take Withdraw as healing skill, I really liked roll range and condition removal with heal. For the utilities maybe Scorpion Wire, Shadowstep and Devourer Venom; more movement and enemy control.

Nice video about weapon skills:

His videos helped me to understand professions that I didn't have time to play and I had problems to understand (engineer and seven million different kits -_-")

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Had to search back through this thread since I couldn't remember for the like of me where it was but here

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...w_john_peters/

Link to the reddit that has the downloads as well as a summary if you don't want to download.
    Awesome info, the buff on Signet of Shadows Passive seems pretty over the top.
    Shoot whoever let 3.0 go live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Negative Stun duration sounds great and all, but few Stuns last long enough for that 33% to be noticeable. In fact, it looks like the Warrior's Mace Burst Skill was nerfed to be 2 seconds max stun duration.

Longest looks like an Engineer skill at 3 seconds.

Also: RfI no longer removes all conditions: just Chilled, Crippled, and Immobilized. Still amazingly useful, but... worth noting.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-07-15 at 02:57 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't change a ton, I was having a fun time playing with the skill calc and had 4 sigils rotationing CDs to give me 5 might at all times and generating around a bonus of 7 initiative over 10 seconds from bonuses.

Wondering if there's any other big changes to thief other than Wat was said In the leaked convo. Hoping there's some changes to condition build so that say 25 stacks of bleed are not dispelled by 1 ability while waiting to get enough initiative to bleed/use skills. Just dunno what spec I really wanna go sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warx23 View Post
    Wondering if there's any other big changes to thief other than Wat was said In the leaked convo. Hoping there's some changes to condition build so that say 25 stacks of bleed are not dispelled by 1 ability while waiting to get enough initiative to bleed/use skills. Just dunno what spec I really wanna go sigh.
    youre never going to get anywhere near 25 stacks by yourself and if you're fighting something where you even have a chance to get 25 stacks of a condition then its something that condition removal is the least of your worries
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    1) If you manage to get 25 stacks of bleed by yourself you're hacking, plain and simple the closest i've EVER gotten to 25 stacks of bleed was me and my shark on a bleed build (on ranger) a scepter necro, and a thief running a bleeding build (idk what it was he told me it was bleed oriented so i'll take his word for it) and we only got to like 20.

2) Yes it will "dispell" your entire stack, it's a good thing bleed is the EASIEST condition to apply isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

1) If you manage to get 25 stacks of bleed by yourself you're hacking, plain and simple the closest i've EVER gotten to 25 stacks of bleed was me and my shark on a bleed build (on ranger) a scepter necro, and a thief running a bleeding build (idk what it was he told me it was bleed oriented so i'll take his word for it) and we only got to like 20.

2) Yes it will "dispell" your entire stack, it's a good thing bleed is the EASIEST condition to apply isn't it?
    Never said I was putting all 25 bleeds myself, mayb most I put is 12, but still for even 12 to be dispelled and then b out of initiative to then be dispelled, just spamming 1 would stink. I get your suppsed to manage your initiative and not use it all at once, but doing the bleeds takes a bit of initiative even for 1 or 2 stacks. So putting up bleeds may be easy, but same could be said for other conditions and proffesions, just when we run out of initiative gg. I love the proffesion, will prob be my main, just curious if they did change something. And no I don't hack

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said I was putting all 25 bleeds myself, mayb most I put is 12, but still for even 12 to be dispelled and then b out of initiative to then be dispelled, just spamming 1 would stink. I get your suppsed to manage your initiative and not use it all at once, but doing the bleeds takes a bit of initiative even for 1 or 2 stacks. So putting up bleeds may be easy, but same could be said for other conditions and proffesions, just when we run out of initiative gg. I love the proffesion, will prob be my main, just curious if they did change something. And no I don't hack
    you clearly are playing thief significantly differently from me.... I played thief in GW2 the same way i did in Skyrim, jump out of the shadows and rape your opponents face with massive amounts of burst, then disengage from combat completely (IE run behind corner and stealth) and then rengage with another burst, rinse and repeat. I think i'd go through my entire initiative bar (burst wise of course) at least twice per combat and was totally fine... just gotta be elusive if you play like that lol.

This was my build incase you were wondering, and i used infiltrator runes if you must know...
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#t;kap...YVa;cbZa;ZQRWY
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-07-17 at 07:46 AM.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

you clearly are playing thief significantly differently from me.... I played thief in GW2 the same way i did in Skyrim, jump out of the shadows and rape your opponents face with massive amounts of burst, then disengage from combat completely (IE run behind corner and stealth) and then rengage with another burst, rinse and repeat. I think i'd go through my entire initiative bar (burst wise of course) at least twice per combat and was totally fine... just gotta be elusive if you play like that lol.

This was my build incase you were wondering, and i used infiltrator runes if you must know...
    I have played that weapon set, and it was fine, but I prefer a different style, which is what is good about gw2 from what i've seen so far, almost anything is viable long as you play the style you wanna play. It's all about fun. I like the idea of stacking bleeds/poisons and dodging all over the place (more points into acrobatics). I really don't see the game making you take the "must have" traits like in WoW say pve where you follow elitist jerks to be the top performance spec. It will be interesting how much has changed tho . Thanks for your build

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played that weapon set, and it was fine, but I prefer a different style, which is what is good about gw2 from what i've seen so far, almost anything is viable long as you play the style you wanna play. It's all about fun. I like the idea of stacking bleeds/poisons and dodging all over the place (more points into acrobatics). I really don't see the game making you take the "must have" traits like in WoW say pve where you follow elitist jerks to be the top performance spec. It will be interesting how much has changed tho . Thanks for your build
    Omg, i know it's amazing!! I was just pointing out that there are builds (like mine) where you don't really need to manage initiative because of how much initiative you can gain from just say, using your heal. Cause that alone will usually give me a full initiative bar back, which is AMAZING i might add xD.

I haven't seen any real -good- condition builds on thieves, but then again i haven't really tried to make any or anything like that, i know my build was pretty good at getting poison EVERYWHERE, as well as a short bleed here and there through the trait "Uncatchable"

PS: Don't be so worried about the condition removal thing because those are on longer CD's then your bleeds/initiative regen so even if they drop off 12 stacks of bleed it wont be -that- big of a deal and you'd be able to put them back up quicker then they can tear them down.... not to mention guardians are like the only ones with reliable condition removal.

Deleted
    not to mention guardians are like the only ones with reliable condition removal.
    How about the necro? They got some pretty good cond. removal CDs :P
    Also, I played a build which relied on stealthing and power. I could get out some absurb amount of damage with stuns up or immobilize (via venoms)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    How about the necro? They got some pretty good cond. removal CDs :P
    Also, I played a build which relied on stealthing and power. I could get out some absurb amount of damage with stuns up or immobilize (via venoms)
    Oh by reliable i meant on short CD's necros have some VERY VERY powerful ones (like putting them all on the enemy and then spreading them to everyone near that enemy xD)

A lot of people seem to think Thieves are underpowered right now and I think part of it is our class ability. The Steal ability needs to be re-worked. The way it works right now doesn't feel like we actually steal anything from our enemies.

While sitting here bored at work, I came up with an idea. Whenever "steal" from someone, it should lock out one of the opponent's 2-5 weapon slots and give us whichever ability would currently be in that slot for 5-10 seconds or however long the cooldown of that ability is (can't decide which is better). If we use that ability, they will have that ability back. If not, they will have the ability back whenever the cooldown/seconds are up. This way it actually seems like something was actually stolen.

It MAY be overpowered but it was just a rough idea.

Should just make steal a 1s disarm in PvP. Or if they don't feel like adding a whole new mechanic, 1s daze.

RNG in PvP is really stupid. Engineer suffers from it, steal suffers from it as well. At the very least, do something like make the actual ability pools smaller. A maximum of 1 or 2 from each profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Should just make steal a 1s disarm in PvP. Or if they don't feel like adding a whole new mechanic, 1s daze.

RNG in PvP is really stupid. Engineer suffers from it, steal suffers from it as well. At the very least, do something like make the actual ability pools smaller. A maximum of 1 or 2 from each profession.
    That would make our class ability extremely boring, at least in my opinion. My idea is actually unique and seems to fit the thief class.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker87 View Post
    That would make our class ability extremely boring, at least in my opinion. My idea is actually unique and seems to fit the thief class.
    But extremely random and overpowered.

Which is counter-productive if ArenaNet wants this game to be taken seriously as an eSport and be picked up by actual leagues and sponsors.