Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    There are only 4 "known" members of the council of six (for their own protection they've been highly secretive).

out of those 4 only 1 is alliance (Ansirem Runeweaver) and 1 horde (Aethas Sunreaver). The other 2 known members (Rhonin and Modera) are neutral, and the last known member (krasus) is dead.

There are 2 unknown members of the council that have yet to be revealed (even on Day of the Dragon they used concealing magic to hide their identity from each other, as an extra layer of protection from assassination, only Antonidas openly revealed he was the chairman of The Six)

That is a HUGE FUCKING IF. And ABSOLUTELY NOTHING even remotely hints at something like this happening. This is all whisful thiking out of deluded people that badly want Dalaran to become alliance-only. NOTHING WHATSOEVER from audio-files, or dev tweets has hinted IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM that the Sunreavers are expelled from the kirin tor, nor that the kirin tor becomes alliance.

Only thing CONFIRMED is that Jaina becomes the Kirin Tor leader, and that she does not goes neutral. Big fucking deal, Malfurion is the leader of the Cenarion Circle along with Hamuul, and neither of them are neutral, they are willing to cooperate with the opposite faction from time to time but they are both still members of the alliance and horde respectively. Eitrigg is a member of the Argent Crusade, despite also not being neutral, he's still firmly horde. Nobundo is a member of the earthen ring and part of the leadership as well, and he's still alliance rather than neutral.

So from what part of their asses do people keep pulling this bullshit of Kirin Tor and Dalaran becoming alliance, even daring to say its CONFIRMED? NOTHING was confirmed about this.

People tend to forget what exactly is the Kirin Tor. They are not a hero-wanna be organization that seeks to solve the problems of everyone, they are a federation of mages who's only concern is the research and investigation of arcane misteries. The only reason they even got involved on WOTLK was because the blue dragonflight declared war on all arcane casters, so they had to protect their interests. Other than that, they just wanna be left alone to study, they are first and foremost scholars, not fighters, or political tools, THERE IS ZERO REASON AT ALL for them to become involved in a political squabble that has NOTHING to do with them in the first place.
    Datamined sound files from the Beta does not equal confirmed.

(Way too many caps and emphasis marks to quote sanely)
    Calm down, buddy. This is an unofficial forum and idle speculation isn't forbidden. Lore may be srs bsns, but you seem like you're letting your blood pressure rise WAY too much over what people on the Internet are saying. I mean, we all like to strangle folks who say things we think are stupid as much as the next guy (and I've seen quite a few strangle-worthy moments in this thread alone), but no one is losing their mind like that over it. Ease up, calm down, have some dip. We're all working on theoretical things here, no one is "daring" to say whatever since page 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    jaina isnt dalaran, she has her own country that blizz forgot about
    Jaina spent all her youth and adult life (before the Third War) on Dalaran, as Antonidas' protegee. Kul Tiras is just her birth nation.

Anyway, the only assumption I dare to make is the Sunreavers will not escape this event, being some rogue agents or the entire organization. You can't have Jaina as leader of Kirin Tor with the Sunreavers on Dalaran.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2012-07-18 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    This, so much. Remember how Rommath supposedly got outed as a Twilight Cultist?

Deleted
    Other than that, they just wanna be left alone to study, they are first and foremost scholars, not fighters, or political tools, THERE IS ZERO REASON AT ALL for them to become involved in a political squabble that has NOTHING to do with them in the first place.
    I just don't agree with this part. The Sunreavers are part of the Kirin Tor, so, Dalaran is being involved in a political (and warfare) squabble even without wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Calm down, buddy. This is an unofficial forum and idle speculation isn't forbidden. Lore may be srs bsns, but you seem like you're letting your blood pressure rise WAY too much over what people on the Internet are saying. I mean, we all like to strangle folks who say things we think are stupid as much as the next guy (and I've seen quite a few strangle-worthy moments in this thread alone), but no one is losing their mind like that over it. Ease up, calm down, have some dip. We're all working on theoretical things here, no one is "daring" to say whatever since page 2.
    Rather than focus on my use of caps and emphasis marks (the latter needed because my first post was sorta ignored despite the fact that it shot a big hole right through the whole "Jaina becomes leader of the Kirin Tor = Kirin Tor and Dalaran becomes alliance" fallacy) why don't you focus on my response?

As I said before, the Kirin Tor isn't lead by a single person but by a council that decides everything by vote (as shown in Day of the Dragon, and other books). This council is currently made of some neutral people and people from both factions. Just because the new member happens to be alliance, doesn't mean the rest will follow.

And the entire "Sunreavers getting kicked" is a complete asspull considering there is nothing that even remotely hints at it. If we're gonna speculate, at least lets use what we got, and what do we got? Theramoore is destroyed, Jaina becomes leader of the Kirin Tor, Jaina wont become neutral. And that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I know, but people are going on a tangent here. Speculating can be fun, but bias-speculation is just stupid.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    I see Anduin as a future foil to his father, holding Varian back when he starts doing his Lo'gosh thing but occasionally accepting with sadness that yes, blood will have to be shed.
    Varian already balanced himself in Wolfheart.

There are only 4 "known" members of the council of six (for their own protection they've been highly secretive).

out of those 4 only 1 is alliance (Ansirem Runeweaver) and 1 horde (Aethas Sunreaver). The other 2 known members (Rhonin and Modera) are neutral, and the last known member (krasus) is dead.

There are 2 unknown members of the council that have yet to be revealed (even on Day of the Dragon they used concealing magic to hide their identity from each other, as an extra layer of protection from assassination, only Antonidas openly revealed he was the chairman of The Six)

That is a HUGE FUCKING IF. And ABSOLUTELY NOTHING even remotely hints at something like this happening. This is all whisful thiking out of deluded people that badly want Dalaran to become alliance-only. NOTHING WHATSOEVER from audio-files, or dev tweets has hinted IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM that the Sunreavers are expelled from the kirin tor, nor that the kirin tor becomes alliance.

Only thing CONFIRMED is that Jaina becomes the Kirin Tor leader, and that she does not goes neutral. Big fucking deal, Malfurion is the leader of the Cenarion Circle along with Hamuul, and neither of them are neutral, they are willing to cooperate with the opposite faction from time to time but they are both still members of the alliance and horde respectively. Eitrigg is a member of the Argent Crusade, despite also not being neutral, he's still firmly horde. Nobundo is a member of the earthen ring and part of the leadership as well, and he's still alliance rather than neutral.

So from what part of their asses do people keep pulling this bullshit of Kirin Tor and Dalaran becoming alliance, even daring to say its CONFIRMED? NOTHING was confirmed about this.

People tend to forget what exactly is the Kirin Tor. They are not a hero-wanna be organization that seeks to solve the problems of everyone, they are a federation of mages who's only concern is the research and investigation of arcane misteries. The only reason they even got involved on WOTLK was because the blue dragonflight declared war on all arcane casters, so they had to protect their interests. Other than that, they just wanna be left alone to study, they are first and foremost scholars, not fighters, or political tools, THERE IS ZERO REASON AT ALL for them to become involved in a political squabble that has NOTHING to do with them in the first place.
    Sorry. All you posted was a huge wall of info that was good to clear somethings people did not understand. On the other you are completely wrong. If the Kirin Tor are made up of mages from both factions- WHO only work with each other for the benefits like you said, arcane mysteries. Now tell me this. The opposite faction bombed one of the alliance's city, using a stolen weapon from the Kirin Tor, Mana Bomb or whatever it is called, why would the "victim" faction just look at them and act the same? There would be a "Civil War" kind of deal occuring within the Kirin Tor because the other side cannot be trusted with the artifacts because of not being able to keep up their end of the deal. Being a part of a faction- yes, involving the Kirin Tor- NO! I win, you lose, bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really I really don't care if alliance does or doesn't get a new city. Horde will just kill our War Chief and be laddy da la peace now <3, or there might even a crazier man that takes his spot *gasp*

10+ Year Old Account
    no no i got it.. jaina goes mad/crazy and we go on a quest to fight her 4 raging emotions and get a cape for it at the end, then she shows up for one of 3 5 man dungeons and the fight against garrosh in the final raid!!

deja vu?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Varian already balanced himself in Wolfheart.
    He's still fairly hot-blooded. Well, compared to Anduin. I mean, I don't think he'll pass up a good chance to put the Orcs in their place.

why don't you focus on my response?
    Cutting up Quotes is fun! I don't focus on your response because I'm fairly sure I already did, about 10 or 15 pages ago. Other people have already pointed out the same things with different levels of emphasis (you still took the cake on that, though), we know all those things already. But it's not fun to discuss. It cuts the discussion dead, not interesting. Idle bias-based speculation is just more fun. There you go, that's why we're doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, the only assumption I dare to make is the Sunreavers will not escape this event, being some rogue agents or the entire organization. You can't have Jaina as leader of Kirin Tor with the Sunreavers on Dalaran.
    They've just got to stock up on http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49648/borrowed-tabard/s and Jaina'll never find them. If only WoW had fake moustaches.

Though yeah, Thalen at least better not get away betraying the Kirin Tor.

Deleted
    And the entire "Sunreavers getting kicked" is a complete asspull considering there is nothing that even remotely hints at it. If we're gonna speculate, at least lets use what we got, and what do we got? Theramoore is destroyed, Jaina becomes leader of the Kirin Tor, Jaina wont become neutral. And that is it.
    Sunreaver agents steal the Focusing Iris and use it to destroy Theramore. Jaina is nominated Rhonin's sucessor. Both are facts from what we know of the scenario and the book (book related events are not going to be change, being beta or not).

It's just add 1 + 1.

Quote Originally Posted by dethlyhallows View Post
    Sorry. All you posted was a huge wall of info that was good to clear somethings people did not understand. On the other you are completely wrong. If the Kirin Tor are made up of mages from both factions- WHO only work with each other for the benefits like you said, arcane mysteries. Now tell me this. The opposite faction bombed one of the alliance's city, using a stolen weapon from the Kirin Tor, Mana Bomb or whatever it is called, why would the "victim" faction just look at them and act the same? There would be a "Civil War" kind of deal occuring within the Kirin Tor because the other side cannot be trusted with the artifacts because of not being able to keep up their end of the deal. Being a part of a faction- yes, involving the Kirin Tor- NO! I win, you lose, bye.
    Wasn't stolen from the Kirin Tor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    The one thing I always liked about Dalaran is that it's one of the very rare places where both alliance and horde can hang out in peace, like Shattrath. It's a nice city and it would be unfair to just kick all horde out of Dalaran because of Garrosh' war campaign, it's hardly the fault of horde tourists visiting Dalaran that he decides to blow up Theramore. Dalaran is a sanctuary city open for all, and I hope they'll keep it that way.
    I agree big time! Sadly though, we were ordered to attack and destroy Theramore, and I guess I don't see why it wouldn't be fair to at least NICELY kick out all of the Horde hahaha. Or of course, they would rage and throw all of the horde off Dal. But think about it... what about ALLLLL the npc's, all of the quests, and ALL of the hubs... if they kick the Horde out.. Nobody but Alliance gets to see Dal from now on. Blizzard would be losing out on a prettttttty massive $$$ city they spent months, and months creating for TWO Factions. JUST SAYIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    It's still a big effin' weapon the Sunreavers got working. If the Kirin Tor is truly neutral, I don't think the Sunreavers would be allowed to do that.

Sunreaver agents steal the Focusing Iris and use it to destroy Theramore. Jaina is nominated Rhonin's sucessor. Both are facts from what we know of the scenario and the book (book related events are not going to be change, being beta or not).

It's just add 1 + 1.
    Your completely right! I don't know what the other kid is trying to say. How does the council of "Six" allow the Sunreavers to stay in their city when their willing to betray the Kirin Tor to help the Horde? Horde are goners. They cannot be trusted anymore.

It's still a big effin' weapon the Sunreavers got working. If the Kirin Tor is truly neutral, I don't think the Sunreavers would be allowed to do that.
    Sunreaver =/= Kirin Tor

The Kirin Tor can remove the Sunreavers and still be neutral.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2012-07-18 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Ughh.. The Focusing Iris is one of the Kirin Tor's artifacts. They take it to destroy an Alliance base. What do you call that, BORROWING? lol

Quote Originally Posted by dethlyhallows View Post
    Ughh.. The Focusing Iris is one of the Kirin Tor's artifacts. They take it to destroy an Alliance base. What do you call that, BORROWING? lol
    The Focusing Iris belongs to the Blue Flight.