Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Except you have no proof that he tried to kill anyone....
    He aimed his weapon at the officer's, which is intent to do bodily harm or kill. There is no purpose for pointing a gun at person other than to harm or kill them, or to make them perceive the imminent likelihood that you will harm or kill them. That is the very nature of the crime of assault.

If you want to claim police corruption, you need to come up with the evidence to show that there is, not just claim that there is and that the lack of evidence otherwise proves it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And how does the home owner know that the cops are not just crazy nuts who wanted to rob / kill him...?
    Neither side is blameless, but it was an unfortunate situation with a very predictable and very expected outcome. To claim the cops are 100% guilty is just as bad as saying the victim is guilty.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    He wasn't protecting himself. Until you have reports that the police were threatening him, and not just demanding that he open up, it was not self defense. And it's still extremely stupid to do what he did reguardless of threats or not. Call the police, put yourself somewhere safe. Defend yourself if you have to.
    And who reports it ????????? The Police after they killed him ???? hahah dont make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    He aimed his weapon at the officer's, which is intent to do bodily harm or kill. There is no purpose for pointing a gun at person other than to harm or kill them, or to make them perceive the imminent likelihood that you will harm or kill them. That is the very nature of the crime of assault.

If you want to claim police corruption, you need to come up with the evidence to show that there is, not just claim that there is and that the lack of evidence otherwise proves it.

Or to protect yourself. As in self defense....?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    Your point is? We still do not have to open our doors with loaded guns. You do.
    Yeah, you just have to send your kids to school with a security contingent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Meh, military is more internationally responsible. If your military is causing up trouble then the entire world will be judging you. Just more dangerous.
    rofl what a wonderful response. It really says a lot.

But you dont find such aggression from your peacekeepers worrying? You do realize that the united states, is the only western country where the peacekeepers are allowed to use deadly force preemptively ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Damn right i would.

And the person saying if they announce themselves, the suspect runs.... that's why 1 cop bangs on the door while the other hides round the back. Duur!
    Ok, then you have every right to get shot because it appears as if you are going to shoot to harm and or kill. Keep the gun pointed down, no problem, point it at people, major problem.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Ok, then you have every right to get shot because it appears as if you are going to shoot to harm and or kill. Keep the gun pointed down, no problem, point it at people, major problem.

Knock on some strangers door at 1:30 AM? Major problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enohpi View Post
    rofl what a wonderful response. It really says a lot.

But you dont find such aggression from your peacekeepers worrying? You do realize that the united states, is the only western country where the peacekeepers are allowed to use deadly force preemptively ?
    No. My step dad is a cop. I am not a big fan of him, but if somebody is pointing a gun at him I would rather have him take the first shot then be shot himself. It is just stupidity to point a gun at a cop and not expect anything bad to come from it.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I feel sorry for any pizza delivery people who went knocking on that guy's door by mistake. I guess that's a totally appropriate way to open a door if it's past midnight.

Oh wait, pointing a gun at somebody is only a good idea if you mean to kill them? Shucks.

I wish I had a cool name like Lemac

Yes, unknown men knocking on your door at 1:30 AM is totally normall and not a cause for any concern. All of us should happily open our doors in such a situation....
    It is cause for concern...which is why you call the police. You do not open the door. That puts you IN harms way. The door closed, at least puts a barrier between you and the possible criminal. Announce you are armed and call the police. Simple, and much safer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

It is cause for concern...which is why you call the police. You do not open the door. That puts you IN harms way. The door closed, at least puts a barrier between you and the possible criminal. Announce you are armed and call the police. Simple, and much safer.

And when they bust your door in? If they don't identify themselves as officers should you should be unable to defend yourself or would it at that point be okay to point the gun at them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Yeah, you just have to send your kids to school with a security contingent.
    I think we are just following your example. You have a lot more experience with kids using guns at school...

And after this idiocy i would like to get back to the original point. I think that there is something wrong if people have to open their doors with loaded firearms. You really do not see anything wrong with that? We really do not have to do that in here and there are a lot of countries that are the same as us.

15+ Year Old Account
    And would you stupidly open the door already pointing it at their heads?
    Who claim that?
    Oh the cops who banged on the wrong door shooting an innocent man...
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Do you understand you can't go into a Webster's dictionary and define assault? Assault is defined by the State of Florida, not Mirriam. Specifically, F.S.S. 784.011, 784.021 and 784.05 come into play here. Please note 7.4.021 (1)a which specifically states "With a deadly weapon without intent to kill" which basically makes you full of shit and not worthy of any further debate, other than to point out that the officers are guilty of culpable negligence under 78.405
    I was talking in general terms, not specifically based on Florida law, but if you want to limit the scope of the discussion to merely Florida, that's fine, we'll go there.

784.011 Assault.

(1) An "assault" is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.

784.021 Aggravated assault.
    (1) An "aggravated assault" is an assault:

(a) With a deadly weapon without intent to kill; or

(b) With an intent to commit a felony.

He was holding a weapon, proving inherent ability. He pointed it at the police, a felony. What part about this is so hard for you to understand? Not surprised you're looking for an out to break off the debate, you're wrong and you know it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup he made a poor decision, want to know another POOR decision? It also has to do with the keyword announce, guess you can figure it out.

I also wonder how it is proved that he pointed at the cops? Another person inside who said that or just the police who happened to shoot him
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    And who reports it ????????? The Police after they killed him ???? hahah dont make me laugh
    ...Not even worth this response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
    I feel sorry for any pizza delivery people who went knocking on that guy's door by mistake. I guess that's a totally appropriate way to open a door if it's past midnight.

Oh wait, pointing a gun at somebody is only a good idea if you mean to kill them? Shucks.
    That would be really strange to order a pizza, then not expect the delivery person to show up at your door. Did he call the local Chinese restaurant and order 3 armed police officers with a side of unidentified that morning? Then you're talking apples and oranges.

Deleted
    No. My step dad is a cop. I am not a big fan of him, but if somebody is pointing a gun at him I would rather have him take the first shot then be shot himself. It is just stupidity to point a gun at a cop and not expect anything bad to come from it.
    But the thing is, we cant base our lives on our feelings.
    Of course you would rather your step dad takes the first shot, but does that make it right ? Not at all.

If someone points a gun at a cop, in say, Denmark, Hungary, france or canada, the police would try to disarm the person, and only use deadly force as a last resort.
    In the united states the police resorts to deadly force as its default.