Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Imperiex was defeated by the combined forces of Superman, Doomsday and Darkseid (don't know if they were ever allies again at another point in history) after some other Superheroes were sacrificed themselves to weaken Imperiex/strengthen Superman.
    Getting defeated isn't that important as Goku got defeated multiple times too. It should be hard to compare Goku to real godly beings like The one above all and Living Tribunal... but Imperiex is actually just a very mighty "physical" foe so this fight would be very interesting.
    Well, end of GT Goku has never been defeated. I said that more of to imply that in many cases the abilities of Marvel and DC cosmic entities are overstated to a point, which is shown in the actual story arcs. And I'd have to read up on Imperiex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please do not link to any illegal online streaming sites, as it's against forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Please do not link to any illegal online streaming sites, as it's against forum rules.
    Ya I thought so, my bad. : /

Anyway.

How about that Red Ribbon Army? Murdering thousands to collect the dragon balls, just to wish for a few extra inches. What a personality. Oh yeah! Anyone else recognize Red and Black filming the Great Saiyaman movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was reading up about the Flying Nimbus trying to find out exactly how fast that thing can go. Even after King Kai's training Goku seemed to prefer it to flying to reach his (mostly dead) friends. It doesn't seem to blast supersonic-sayian-speed and pokes across the sky like a freaking snail....why would Goku continue using that thing :S
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    So I was reading up about the Flying Nimbus trying to find out exactly how fast that thing can go. Even after King Kai's training Goku seemed to prefer it to flying to reach his (mostly dead) friends. It doesn't seem to blast supersonic-sayian-speed and pokes across the sky like a freaking snail....why would Goku continue using that thing :S
    Probably to conserve energy is my best guess. Or he's attached to it, like a friend in some sort of way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also read that apparently Master Roshi and Krillin both had tried to ride it but were rejected due to owning dirty magazines (or lusting for women). Well, that sure as hell rules me out as a potential rider (and probably most guys out there). It's reeeeally hard to be "pure of heart" and still be attracted to women in a "non-lust" sort of way (like Goku being in love Chichi).

Also I've always got the impression that Goku's simply too...well...oblivious to get into dirty magazines or lust after women. Look what happened with Princess Snake (even though it was a filler), you could throw this guy into a sea of sexy women and the most he would say is "...bwuh?".
    Or maybe I've been watching so much TFS stuff that my image of Goku is permanently distorted :S ARGH DAMN YOU TFS.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say he rides the nimbus cloud because it is a pretty cruisy way to travel. Goku never seems to be in much of a rush, even when his friends are in danger ahha. So I'd say say its purely because he likes it.

As for the lusting after women, it might just be a Saiyan thing that they don't have any lusty tendencies. Vegeta is the same. Maybe they just procreate to ensure the survival of the race. After all, a Saiyan's driving force in life is to fight and get stronger so I guess it overrides everything else. When Goku and Chi Chi had their first 'date', Chi Chi explained that a date was the boy thinking of the most pleasurable thing to do, then convincing the girl to do it as well. So Goku throws a punch at her head.

It must be pretty fast. It manages to snag Gohan from Nappas stomp and Nappa didn't even know what happened until he saw floating Gohan on it.

To the lust thing. I mean I'm pretty sure it's all fine and good to go after a girl you want and still be 'pure of heart'. It's when that is not enough for you that that becomes a problem. Yamcha and Roshi are total playboys who will never settle for anyone.

Yamcha has got to be the dumbest person ever for not settling down with Bulma when he had the chance. Father's a billionaire tech scientist, Bulma herself was smoking and she knew of the only working way to find the dragonballs...
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Yamcha has got to be the dumbest person ever for not settling down with Bulma when he had the chance. Father's a billionaire tech scientist, Bulma herself was smoking and she knew of the only working way to find the dragonballs...
    And before he even met her, he was a broke ass desert bandit who couldn't even talk to girls.

Although, it is a good thing he did screw it up. If Future Trunks had been half-Yamcha instead of half-Saiyan, he would have gotten his ass killed before he could go to the past, thus dooming the main story timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I don't remember. I'd have to look it up again.

Edit: Looked it up. No, Superman actually died. A villain called the Eradicator was using Superman's corpse to power an energy matrix, since it was still absorbing yellow sunlight. But later the matrix broke, and when it did it released all that energy into the air, which revived Superman's body. At the same time, Jonathan Kent talked to Superman's soul in a dream, where he told him that the Earth still needs him, which called his soul back. Those two factors combined brought Superman back from the dead.

He was actually dead for like a good 3 months.

You may be thinking of the 2007 movie Superman: Doomsday, which was based on The Death of Superman story arc. Superman doesn't actually die in that, he's kept alive for Lex Luthor's amusement, and he's later rescued.
    No, I read this comic book when I was a kid... it was my dads when he was a teenager i think... It was like the first death of superman issue... and like i think it was a couple issues later superman was relieved to have never had died. But theres so many different story lines and stuff when it comes to comics now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    It must be pretty fast. It manages to snag Gohan from Nappas stomp and Nappa didn't even know what happened until he saw floating Gohan on it.

To the lust thing. I mean I'm pretty sure it's all fine and good to go after a girl you want and still be 'pure of heart'. It's when that is not enough for you that that becomes a problem. Yamcha and Roshi are total playboys who will never settle for anyone.

As a huge Dragon Ball fan, I'm going to have to correct you.

Actually Yamcha had a strong desire to get married and he suggested to Bulma they settle down at a few points. Notice that Yamcha's never seen around women at any point before of after his breakup with Bulma. Bulma was the only woman Yamcha loved which was why he never married.
    Last edited by Lazy Peon; 2012-07-19 at 07:09 AM. Reason: corrected spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Peon View Post
    As a huge Dragon Ball fan, I'm going to have to correct you.

Actually Yamcha had a strong desire to get married and he suggested to Bulma they settle down at a few points. Notice that Yamcha's never seen around women at any point before of after his breakup with Bulma. Bulma was the only woman Yamcha loved which was why he never married.
    He did say, however, in Other World, that he was training hard because there were no distractions there. I think either he said or it was assumed he meant at least partially women.

10+ Year Old Account
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Random DBZ Fact! Because I just won't let it die. The distance from the Earth to Namek is 4339.2516 light years. The spaceship built by Bulma's dad got Goku to Namek in 5 days. That means his spaceship was traveling 316765.3668 times the speed of light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Random DBZ Fact! Because I just won't let it die. The distance from the Earth to Namek is 4339.2516 light years. The spaceship built by Bulma's dad got Goku to Namek in 5 days. That means his spaceship was traveling 316765.3668 times the speed of light.
    Are you sure about that? I remember Bulma saying how long it would take for an Earth ship to reach Namek, and she gave the same time, meaning either a) the manga mistranslated, b) you did or c) Earth spaceships can move at the speed of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Are you sure about that? I remember Bulma saying how long it would take for an Earth ship to reach Namek, and she gave the same time, meaning either a) the manga mistranslated, b) you did or c) Earth spaceships can move at the speed of light.

Yep, I'm sure. I got it from that scene. She specifically says light years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the laws of physics were already screwed back in early Dragonball when people started firing Ki blasts and using it to fly, the energy output is thousands/millions of times more than what a human body (or Saiyan body, or ANY body of that size) is capable of generating. Unless they're performing nuclear fusion/fission in their stomachs.

And if earth ships can really travel at the speed of light, Goku would've been totally screwed on his way to Namek because he would've had zero time to get any training done. With time slowing to a complete stop for the ship and everything inside it (including Goku), the trip would've felt instantaneous (for Goku). Theory of Relativity tsk tsk.

Also don't even get me started on the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. No matter how you play with physics, it's impossible to speed up time inside a certain area while allowing it to pass normally outside. You can only slow down time by accelerating that area to large fractions of the speed of light (pointless lol).

Probably the only thing that makes any kind of sense is gravity training. While it would take human muscles YEARS to get accustomed to even 1.5-2x the gravity (not to mention the fact that your heart would throw fucking seizures trying to pump blood upwards), I could probably accept that Saiyans can do it in a matter of days/weeks. To keep blood circulating at 100x gravity, their heart would have to be made out of god knows what. Definitely not normal muscle/tissue.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-07-19 at 02:57 PM.

Well the laws of physics were already screwed back in early Dragonball when people started firing Ki blasts and using it to fly, the energy output is thousands/millions of times more than what a human body (or Saiyan body, or ANY body of that size) is capable of generating. Unless they're performing nuclear fusion/fission in their stomachs.

And if earth ships can really travel at the speed of light, Goku would've been totally screwed on his way to Namek because he would've had zero time to get any training done. With time slowing to a complete stop for the ship and everything inside it (including Goku), the trip would've felt instantaneous (for Goku). Theory of Relativity tsk tsk.

Also don't even get me started on the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. No matter how you play with physics, it's impossible to speed up time inside a certain area while allowing it to pass normally outside. You can only slow down time by accelerating that area to large fractions of the speed of light (pointless lol).

Probably the only thing that makes any kind of sense is gravity training. While it would take human muscles YEARS to get accustomed to even 1.5-2x the gravity (not to mention the fact that your heart would throw fucking seizures trying to pump blood upwards), I could probably accept that Saiyans can do it in a matter of days/weeks. To keep blood circulating at 100x gravity, their heart would have to be made out of god knows what. Definitely not normal muscle/tissue.
    I agree. Though the Room of Space and Time always seemed more like a magical thing to me. It's not a place, it's an entirely different dimension. And our laws of physics do not cover different dimensions, as we don't even have proof that they exist. So that's actually the most plausible thing to me among the stuff you listed lol. Traditional physics were fucked from the first episode of DB, when Goku was shot in the face and it did nothing to him. I think anyone with common sense should realize that.

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know the physics was fucked but its fun to work out the kind of energy they are producing and so on. Do I believe that anyone can produce the kind of energy they are shown to no but its fun to calculate it anyway. Especially when you realise their energy output is roughly equal to a star of their size.

This thread is lacking DBZ pics when Genn is banned!!!
    Fix:

http://funnymama.com/post/92487