Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The War Z - A New Zombie Survival Experience

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...=social&page=1

Saw this about an hour ago. Looks really good, And for only $29.99 to buy and no monthly fee. And cheaper if you pre-order it.

Beta coming some time in the next few months. O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶s̶i̶d̶e̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶w̶e̶b̶s̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶i̶g̶n̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶t̶i̶c̶l̶e̶.̶

Links

http://thewarz.com
    http://www.facebook.com/warzmmo
    http://twitter.com/The_War_Z
    Last edited by Vober; 2012-07-30 at 03:37 AM.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Deleted
    Like the article is implying, I can see a lot of DayZ knock-offs coming out. Remember WiiDead or whatever the hell Ubisoft's thing is? They pretty much scrapped their whole original concept and turned it into DayZ lite, they didn't even have enough time to get gameplay footage for E3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Like the article is implying, I can see a lot of DayZ knock-offs coming out. Remember WiiDead or whatever the hell Ubisoft's thing is? They pretty much scrapped their whole original concept and turned it into DayZ lite, they didn't even have enough time to get gameplay footage for E3.
    Very true, This seems more then just a knock-off. It's almost like The Secret World + Zombies.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Deleted
    I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm a big fan of the zombie survival horror genre, though I do hope that there's a compelling story and it isn't just another mindless shooter with lost potential. I also hope that exploration is rewarded and that NPC dialogue is well written, emotional and gripping to further enhance the experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    Very true, This seems more then just a knock-off. It's almost like The Secret World + Zombies.
    Secret World has zombies so no need to add them :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares if you think the game is a knock off of DayZ. DayZ needs to be remade into its own entity anyways and not build off of another game.

"So short answer – while we began developing our game before DayZ"

"The major difference is that DayZ is a fantastic mod for a hardcore military simulation game, so it is all set in that type of environment. We are creating a standalone game, with the entire world designed around a zombie apocalypse, so that players feel completely immersed in that environment. "

A game studio that sounds like it knows how to make a game the people want.

I wonder how many people bought ARMA 2 just for DayZ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I know of at least 13 people that did including myself.

OT: I like Dayz because you can mess around in it, it's more fun with friends than it is alone... i'd hate a similar game with "quests" though, i want to roam.. not unlock areas or be semi-forced to do silly quests.

Deleted
    I liked the book. I might like the game. I am not going to plan on getting it yet though, IGN is a terrible source.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Why WHY WHY does it need to be an MMO!? The entire point is that the world is suffering from a zombie apocalypse - thus there are hardly any people - thus it's you against them - thus having it as a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER game is borderline retarded.

No more terrible MMO's which all just eventually die out. NO MORE I SAY!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

i was considering it... but the arma engine just looked so terrible i backed out, if they had used like a half life 2 engine, i would have bought the game, AND paid for the mod (not that i dont already have hl2)

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    Who cares if you think the game is a knock off of DayZ. DayZ needs to be remade into its own entity anyways and not build off of another game.

"So short answer – while we began developing our game before DayZ"

"The major difference is that DayZ is a fantastic mod for a hardcore military simulation game, so it is all set in that type of environment. We are creating a standalone game, with the entire world designed around a zombie apocalypse, so that players feel completely immersed in that environment. "

A game studio that sounds like it knows how to make a game the people want.
    Rocket has said he plans for Day Z to be a stand alone game by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Why WHY WHY does it need to be an MMO!? The entire point is that the world is suffering from a zombie apocalypse - thus there are hardly any people - thus it's you against them - thus having it as a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER game is borderline retarded.

No more terrible MMO's which all just eventually die out. NO MORE I SAY!
    Day Z is an MMO.

Get over yourself and the stigmas you attach to that word.

Deleted
    Day Z is an MMO.

Get over yourself and the stigmas you attach to that word.
    Massive... the average server has 40 players. That's not massive... i'd label it a Survival Horror before anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    i was considering it... but the arma engine just looked so terrible i backed out, if they had used like a half life 2 engine, i would have bought the game, AND paid for the mod (not that i dont already have hl2)
    Uh, hate to burst your bubble there, but Arma 2 is on a very nice engine, which looks far better than HL2s (Source v1), though it controls worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Massive... the average server has 40 players. That's not massive... i'd label it a Survival Horror before anything else.
    You can take your character to any server, so there's the potential to play with as many players as are currently online.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Survival Horror MMO.

considering some of the MMORPGs i play have less the 100 players on my servers at a time (some less than that even), i'd still call it an MMO. you don't need to have 5000 playes on a server at a time for it to be an MMO.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, a friend of mine bought the game for 4 of us just to play dayZ with, and then another friend of mine bought it yesterday(actually, she installed windows on her mac just FOR dayZ, and she doesn't normally like zombie games)

Though I didn't realize Arma was basically the next operation flashpoint, I had fun playing that when I was younger. Might have bought it when it was on sale for that.

Unlocking areas and questing? Arma 2 looks more enjoyable...
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Hoping it all turns out well, Has some good potential IMO.