Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    PM me your email and I'll set you up. Only 24 hours though.
    Thank you, I owe you a beer now *thumbsup*
    World of Warcraft wiki
    http://wowwiki.com
    World of Warcraft database
    http://thottbot.comhttp://wowhead.comhttp://wow.allakhazam.com

So I have been playing this game for 3 days now. Never before in any game even vanilla/ TBC wow, have I been so driven to play. I think about it all day long the lore, the amazing graphics, the attention to details the developers used. I am straight up addicted, I love the skill system, and the decks, no LEVELS need I say more. I am actually enjoying quests, something I have always hated in MMO's.

There are a lot of negative reviews on the combat system, which is what caused me to hesitate for a day before buying. recommend not listening to the idiots that write reviews, this game is amazing and the combat system rocks. Been working on the Paladin deck (Blades/ Dual Pistols) Its amazing to be shooting something then whip out a sword and lop its head off. If you have the opportunity to try this game I say don't cheat yourself, its the greatest game i have played in years.

Related to TSW:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/320/

The Longest Journey and Dreamfall are on sale on the Steam store for 75% off. Only $6.24 for both of these amazing games, written by the same writer of TSW. I'm not given to exaggerating how much I like a game, but those two games are in my top 10 of all time. Fantastic storylines in both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Related to TSW:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/320/

The Longest Journey and Dreamfall are on sale on the Steam store for 75% off. Only $6.24 for both of these amazing games, written by the same writer of TSW. I'm not given to exaggerating how much I like a game, but those two games are in my top 10 of all time. Fantastic storylines in both of them.
    I concur. Both games are amazing and for me are up there with KOTOR, Fahrenheit and other games among my favourites.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm downloading game and it's saying now 15.7gb/14.4 ... WTF? I'm afraid to close it, in case if I lose all files :O what should I do?
    World of Warcraft wiki
    http://wowwiki.com
    World of Warcraft database
    http://thottbot.comhttp://wowhead.comhttp://wow.allakhazam.com

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    So I have been playing this game for 3 days now. Never before in any game even vanilla/ TBC wow, have I been so driven to play. I think about it all day long the lore, the amazing graphics, the attention to details the developers used. I am straight up addicted, I love the skill system, and the decks, no LEVELS need I say more. I am actually enjoying quests, something I have always hated in MMO's.

There are a lot of negative reviews on the combat system, which is what caused me to hesitate for a day before buying. recommend not listening to the idiots that write reviews, this game is amazing and the combat system rocks. Been working on the Paladin deck (Blades/ Dual Pistols) Its amazing to be shooting something then whip out a sword and lop its head off. If you have the opportunity to try this game I say don't cheat yourself, its the greatest game i have played in years.
    I 100% agree. Most games I log in for an hour or so and then go watch TV, read forums, etc. This game has that 'time warp' ability in terms of fun...I log in at 8pm and next thing I know its 3am. Haven't had that kind of fun in a video game in quite some time.

I don't think many game reviewers have the time or want to make the effort to get into TSW. Its different; which is a double-edged sword and might cause someone who only gets a few days to create a character and try to learn a new way of going about things to give a 'meh' review while players who spend more time with it end up liking it quite a bit (a good percentage of them, anyway).

These reviewers are also the same set of folks who gave TOR rave reviews and proclaimed it game of the year several times over only to have it quite obvious they never invested more than a sparse amount of time into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I 100% agree. Most games I log in for an hour or so and then go watch TV, read forums, etc. This game has that 'time warp' ability in terms of fun...I log in at 8pm and next thing I know its 3am. Haven't had that kind of fun in a video game in quite some time.

I don't think many game reviewers have the time or want to make the effort to get into TSW. Its different; which is a double-edged sword and might cause someone who only gets a few days to create a character and try to learn a new way of going about things to give a 'meh' review while players who spend more time with it end up liking it quite a bit (a good percentage of them, anyway).

These reviewers are also the same set of folks who gave TOR rave reviews and proclaimed it game of the year several times over only to have it quite obvious they never invested more than a sparse amount of time into the game.
    Too true. Most reviews of TSW I've read have obviously been by people who took only a cursory glance into the game. Granted, one of the faults I find with TSW is that it takes a while for things like combat and story to really pick up and become interesting. The biggest clue is when you see people calling it a "Left 4 Dead" MMO. Another gripe I have is including bugs as a reason to give a low score to a newly released MMO. TOR had plenty of them, but I never saw a review knocking the game for that, and honestly, I think TSW's launch went better than TOR's (both had very good launches).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Too true. Most reviews of TSW I've read have obviously been by people who took only a cursory glance into the game. Granted, one of the faults I find with TSW is that it takes a while for things like combat and story to really pick up and become interesting. The biggest clue is when you see people calling it a "Left 4 Dead" MMO. Another gripe I have is including bugs as a reason to give a low score to a newly released MMO. TOR had plenty of them, but I never saw a review knocking the game for that, and honestly, I think TSW's launch went better than TOR's (both had very good launches).
    I didn't play ToR because I knew it would just burn eventually. I played diablo 3 launch and it was horrible, I was just so glad I had a date that day because when I got back it was still a hot mess. TSW had a pretty smooth launch.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Man just finished up the first zone of Transylvania. Some of those missions where brutal. Had a lot of fun though. I'll never talk shit about sparkling vampires ever again, that's for sure. Those dudes know what's up.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I don't know shit about this game but could get interested in the future. Are there any links of info for this game? Is this a subscription game (Please say NO!!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    So I don't know shit about this game but could get interested in the future. Are there any links of info for this game? Is this a subscription game (Please say NO!!!).
    it is a sub game with monthly updates , read this topic "State of the Game, July 10th 2012" to know why it is worth the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    it is a sub game with monthly updates , read this topic "State of the Game, July 10th 2012" to know why it is worth the sub.
    I'm skeptical of Funcom's ability to deliver meaningful content updates on a monthly basis, but if they can, more power to them. We need more developers out there earning their subs. I'd probably pick up the game if they can keep it up for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I'm skeptical of Funcom's ability to deliver meaningful content updates on a monthly basis, but if they can, more power to them. We need more developers out there earning their subs. I'd probably pick up the game if they can keep it up for a bit.
    I would expect they have quite a few updates pre made. Some of the stories are presumably open ended for this very reason. And the monthly misson updates will be in existing locations ... I am actually surprised big games like WoW or TOR don't have a few people working with mission editors to make new monthly quests/chains. We will see how it goes in TSW. Looks good on paper.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

If they won't, I'll call Ragnar and tell him he's a pussy. I'll also apologize and say that I didn't mean it at all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post

agree 100%.
    I'm completely hooked since the Kingsmouth area, right now in Bluemountain and the game feels it's getting even more addictive and surprising as I progress with my skills and the story. Totally excited about this title and the missions. Already announced the July and August updates... this is Gaming heaven. Playing every evening with two friends and it's the most fun we ever had in an MMO.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/sho...3&postcount=72

the team has been working really hard to prepare content for issue #1, #2, #3...and even future issues. Hell, a (small) part of the team is currently working on issue #8!

I'd say the fact that a content patch is scheduled for release on July 31st should be pretty encouraging for those worried about running out of things to do. The main problem people will have is breaking the habit of blazing through the content to get to the end. You can rush through it all, but it's a much better experience if you take your time.

I was playing last night for about 5 hours (time-warped) and I only got 3 missions done. All but about 45 minutes of that was actual play time (I took some time to put together an afflict/hinder build).

Thats always a problem, there will be that guy who lives in his moms basement and plays 20 hours a day, consumes all the content faster than intended and then goes on forums and does his best 'simpsons comic book guy' impression of, "Game doesn't have enough content, Worst MMO..... EVER!".

They also say, "This game is a WoW Killer!" and then 1 month later says, "This game sucks, it doesn't have 7 years of content like WoW does."

I'm a big advocate of not starting a brandspanking new mmo on day 1 if lack of content is your issue, wait until some extra content drops.

I would like to give this game a try. Does anyone have a friend pass I could use?

Anybody have any questions they'd like answered about TSW? I need some for a Q&A column I'm writing for www.crygaia.com