Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PTR still not working getting crazy...

hey

i already started a few threads and no one wanted to help me im still sitting with the problem i am keeping a black screen at the login screen. i hear the audio but can't see the video. who knows a thing to fix this very irritating glitch/bug or w/e it is.
    i just wanna play this PTR....

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try setting your client to 32 bit instead of 64 bit. Or try it the other way around. You can do this via the launcher.

If that isn't the case then, I'm not sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Just one of the many bugs that are happening on the ptr right now. i just kept reloading the launcher and it seemed to stop. Now its the consistent DC's im dealing with...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just looked at the PTR bug report. I can see a lot of people from early beta are back. It disturbs me how many completely ignorant people reside there.

Anyway, as for your question. It looks like no one else is experiencing the same issue. I would recommend you reinstall the PTR.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    i can't turn off the 32 bit thing , its gray and cannot click it.

edit : @ dokhidamo .. already reinstalled the PTR.

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 04:31 PM ----------

edit : YAAY i just had to turn direct x 9 on because 11 didnt work or something. thanks for the help.. just sucks the servers are locked

Deleted
    Yo can still play the PTR even though the servers are locked. You can copy a character over to play on PTR. Some say, that you cant make a level 1 character because they are locked, but i have made several level 1's while Im waiting for the transfer. But Im getting DC'ed all the time. -_- And the queue for logging in is looong, so its not worth waiting to log in, when yo only can play in like 2-10 mins. So i will give it a week, and see from there.

When i choose to download the PTR it actualy downloads mists of pandaria beta.I download it and select a server but when i click ok on brill it instantly disconnects me.. no idea why this is happening

Deleted
    I still get instantly DC'd when I log into the PTR. I got into the game yesterday morning for a few minutes so I know it works, I have the right client and everything but it's still bullshitting me.

Blizzard is really serving prime quality this year so far. No live WoW content, terrible issues with beta realms population the 1st months, then the Diablo 3 servers being totally fcked up... Now this.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I still get instantly DC'd when I log into the PTR. I got into the game yesterday morning for a few minutes so I know it works, I have the right client and everything but it's still bullshitting me.

Blizzard is really serving prime quality this year so far. No live WoW content, terrible issues with beta realms population the 1st months, then the Diablo 3 servers being totally fcked up... Now this.
    Yeah, you're right. Let's just NOT TEST THIS. Release it right off to live servers instead of using it on the TESTING REALM, you know. FOR TESTING.

Fuck off

Infracted
    Last edited by Migari; 2012-07-23 at 11:14 AM.

Dumbest Thread 2012

Im having the same problem, but when u log u can see that all realms are "Locked".

Quote Originally Posted by Burritaco View Post
    Yeah, you're right. Let's just NOT TEST THIS. Release it right off to live servers instead of using it on the TESTING REALM, you know. FOR TESTING.

Fuck off
    No PTR has EVER had such a dire problem lasting so long. There's no testing involved in spamming your password and waiting 30 minutes to log in only to get disconnected every 2 minutes afterwards. The thing basically doesn't work for all intents and purposes meaning you CAN'T TEST ANYTHING. There's a cap of 100 people per server right now. Think before you speak next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

terrible issues with beta realms population the 1st months, then the Diablo 3 servers being totally fcked up... Now this.
    You'd think, considering they've since resolved those issues, that you could rest assured knowing that this one will be taken care of in due time as well. Or, if you want to be negative, you could remember that there are always problems early on in Blizzard releases and save yourself the headache by waiting until it's more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    No PTR has EVER had such a dire problem lasting so long. There's no testing involved in spamming your password and waiting 30 minutes to log in only to get disconnected every 2 minutes afterwards. The thing basically doesn't work for all intents and purposes meaning you CAN'T TEST ANYTHING. There's a cap of 100 people per server right now. Think before you speak next time.
    You not being able to log in is testing.

Dumbest Thread 2012

10+ Year Old Account

So wait... so let me list off the shit you're complaining about and see if I'm reading your ignorance correctly.

No live WoW content
    At the end of every expansion this is how it's been. No new content because most resources are being pushed towards the upcoming expansion. Wrath was the ONLY exception because ICC was lasting too long. RS was pushed out to ease tensions and try to keep players busy. So why exactly are you surprised?
    terrible issues with beta realms population the 1st months
    It's been said thousands of times, "beta is beta". Blizzard was ATTEMPTING to quell the massive uprising of spoiled brats complaining about not getting in the beta right away by letting 100k players at a time into the beta. Apparently trying to please your customer base is a bad thing now. If there weren't so many babies that were too illiterate to read the terms of the contract, I'm sure things would've been a lot smoother!
    then the Diablo 3 servers being totally fcked up
    The only thing, in my experience, that sucked was the launch night. I had few issues after that, certainly not enough to describe it as "totally fcked up". Guess that part is subjective!

So... you're problem now, with the PTR, with the underlying word in that acronym being TEST, as in NOT GUARANTEED TO WORK 100% PERFECT, IF AT ALL... is rather an issue of player ignorance and incompetence. The PTR has many bugs to be worked out, complaining on some fansite forums isn't going to fix them. Make a bug report on the PTR forums and go from there. Look for others having a similar issue and see if they have found a solution.

Keeping an open mind and understanding the difference between live and the test realms really helps get over yourself. :] I'd try that instead of complaining so much.

EDIT: I'd also give it a business day or two to fix some of the login issues. Seeing as how it's the weekend and such, I don't think many of the PTR staff are currently on the job until tomorrow. Releasing it on a Friday may've been something kinda dumb to do since there would be little to no support on the weekend.
    Last edited by Hanto; 2012-07-22 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted
    You people have no clue what you are talking about... What is failing are the servers, it's not caused by the game content, it's Blizzard cheaping out and not providing enough servers for anything (beta, ptr, Diablo 3).

The live version of a game, I just threw it in for the kicks, it's kinda ridiculous how people complained about ICC that was 50% bigger and had 4 difficulties all doable on 1 character. And now we have this patch .

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on PTR on Nobundo and i log in perfectly fine, But Anastrarien worked fine for me last night, but having problems again this morning.

The whole thing seems like Blizzard just being a gigantic troll.

"Oh you want to test the near-final build of the patch? Why of course, have fun dcing every 3 minutes while we enjoy the weekend."

=\

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

You people have no clue what you are talking about... What is failing are the servers, it's not caused by the game content, it's Blizzard cheaping out and not providing enough servers for anything (beta, ptr, Diablo 3).

The live version of a game, I just threw it in for the kicks, it's kinda ridiculous how people complained about ICC that was 50% bigger and had 4 difficulties all doable on 1 character. And now we have this patch .
    Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.

The servers are not failing because of hardware problems, under normal conditions "Locked" servers don't DC you every 3 minutes, they just simply have a queue time and when you get in you don't disconnect.

Obviously this is not the case.

Dumbest Thread 2012

10+ Year Old Account
    Like most of the other posters in this thread, I'm experiencing constant DC's. The longest I've been able to stay logged in was long enough to set my hunter's talents, and that was it.

But that's the testing process, and it IS the weekend, expecting test servers to be patched or much of anything done to them but a quick restart on a weekend is kinda silly. I expect it will get better over the next few days and then folks can get down to some proper testing.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Do you know how cheap servers are now? A more likely answer is that they need to upgrade their communication/network infrastructure. That can be mucho expensive.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.