Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial balance View Post
    And THAT is why I always choose Bulbasaur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial balance View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Bulbasaur </3
    Black Lives Matter

Deleted
    Now let's talk about which gym leader has given you most horrid memories. While i expect see lot of whitney as answer...

Mine would be Challenge mode Elesa in bw2... Not only she has overleveled team, but also that Joltik has like coverage to about every type apart from fire and is insanely fast and powerful for such a cute little spider... And obviously her Emolga and Flaaffy are even more pain to deal with than in normal mode. If you try counter her electric team with a ground type like trapinch, beware for the spider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    Now let's talk about which gym leader has given you most horrid memories. While i expect see lot of whitney as answer...

Mine would be Challenge mode Elesa in bw2... Not only she has overleveled team, but also that Joltik has like coverage to about every type apart from fire and is insanely fast and powerful for such a cute little spider... And obviously her Emolga and Flaaffy are even more pain to deal with than in normal mode. If you try counter her electric team with a ground type like trapinch, beware for the spider.
    Probably Morty. His freaking Gengar destroys EVERYTHING. I don't know if it was because I was younger or what, but Silver seemed like it was alot more difficult than other games.

Hmm, I'm going to have go to with Whitney. Sorry It's just that I remember playing Gold and that Milktank was a nightmare, same goes for Heartgold... Milktalk was such a nightmare there too. Otherwise if Whitney is not allowed, it'd be Jasmine because of that Steelix she has ;_; Destroys my team all the time.

Also, since it is my first time posting here (Pony thread keeps me locked there). I'll reveal my favourite Pokémon, who you might've already figured out. <3
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2012-07-24 at 07:09 PM.

I remember having trouble with Koga in R/B/Y and FR/LG. His Muk always used Minimize over and over, and I could never land a hit.

Also, Brock was a pain in R/B/Y if you chose Charmander as your starter. At least in FR/LG he could learn Metal Claw fairly early.

10+ Year Old Account
    metagross + Klinklang <3 ev trained them as tanks and equipped leftover items so they heal after each turn unstoppable killing machine <3 except fire/ground...

Deleted

I wish I was this good at drawing

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Probably Morty. His freaking Gengar destroys EVERYTHING. I don't know if it was because I was younger or what, but Silver seemed like it was alot more difficult than other games.
    I'm still puzzled by people who have issues with gym leaders - absolutely no offense - but I am.

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post

I wish I was this good at drawing

Victini is fairly easy to draw.... Compared to Kyurem Black and White that is. It's a circle, two triangles and then a blob for the body :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Victini is fairly easy to draw.... Compared to Kyurem Black and White that is. It's a circle, two triangles and then a blob for the body :P
    Funny enough, I'm actually going to draw Victini later

10+ Year Old Account

I won’t call this a gym leader, but more like a hard mode raid boss that is. Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire. Rival before Mauville gym. I chose Torchic. That Marshtomp is CRUEL! CRUEL I TELL YOU!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I won’t call this a gym leader, but more like a hard mode raid boss that is. Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire. Rival before Mauville gym. I chose Torchic. That Marshtomp is CRUEL! CRUEL I TELL YOU!
    I seriously know that feel. I always dreaded that fight. I also hated that gym leader too, fricking Wattson (?).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Powerlevel'ed Blaziken is the answer (to everything)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Powerlevel'ed Blaziken is the answer (to everything)
    Power leveling is for suckers and greenskins.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    Power leveling is for suckers and greenskins.
    How does beating everyone due to sheer supremacy make me a sucker bald-man? :P

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 09:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Having the fights slightly more challenging by not powerlevelling is fun
    Honestly I wouldn't say hate or dread was fun either *shrug*

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    True. I just play normally and if I reach a part I can't finish, then I power level for that part. I try not to get too far ahead since I don't enjoy fights that are too easy
    Meh - I always power-level my starter... For a few different reasons really. 1: It's kinda an RPG so I always envision that the starter is... Well ME! And I *want* to be powerful! 2: I usually never go out and create teams until the end, since the ones I want on my team are usually found late in-game. But yeah sometimes it gets too silly... Take Black and White, where they give you the Lucky Egg... Yeah thanks to that I always have a levle 75+ starter/Samurott when I reach the League.... "Oh what's that N, you got yourself a Zekrom - how nice....."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think they intend for the trainer to be you
    Pfffft, that empty shell who often looks like a total nitwit (then gen 4 avatar looked like a douchebag with that hat, gen 2 was kinda cool though) - NEVAH!

... Sidenote: How I hate that all the "Must trade to get hurrr derrrr" pokemon are some of the coolest... I want mah Accelgore - yeah sure he may be yet another somewhat useless bug type (really should be bug/ghost or bug/dark but whatever) but the badass level is through the roof!.... Oh and get working on the remakes of gen 3 Gamefreak! Preferably with the "Get gen 1 once you see the dex" thing like in SS/HG.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2012-07-24 at 09:31 PM.

... Sidenote: How I hate that all the "Must trade to get hurrr derrrr" pokemon are some of the coolest... I want mah Accelgore - yeah sure he may be yet another somewhat useless bug type (really should be bug/ghost or bug/dark but whatever) but the badass level is through the roof!.... Oh and get working on the remakes of gen 3 Gamefreak! Preferably with the "Get gen 1 once you see the dex" thing like in SS/HG.
    3rd gen is probably my favourite overall, and I would love remakes, but at this point I think I'd rather see 6th gen first. Staying on the DS any longer is a bad idea, and they probably wouldn't move to the 3DS halfway through a generation. If they wait until 6th gen, hopefully we'll get R/S remakes on the 3DS with a shiny new engine.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    3rd gen is probably my favourite overall, and I would love remakes, but at this point I think I'd rather see 6th gen first. Staying on the DS any longer is a bad idea, and they probably wouldn't move to the 3DS halfway through a generation. If they wait until 6th gen, hopefully we'll get R/S remakes on the 3DS with a shiny new engine.
    True, but if they are following a pattern, then we'll see the remake of gen 3 before a gen 6. They tend to "milk" (not the best word but go with me) a gen as much as possible before going on to the next. It would be damn easy to slap a remake on Gen 3 for the DS, shove in the Emerald storyline with Raquaza, shove in some of the regular "Oh there are new pokemon right over there - on that island we've never seen before!!!" and some extra legendaries and blamo!

And I agree 3rd gen was the best overall, Hoenn was an awesome - AWESOME region.

EDIT: ... OR! Give us a *proper* pokemon game for the wii - like Colloseum! Or *atleast* just like Stadium - Revolution was so utterly halfassed!

10+ Year Old Account
    My worst gym memories were Morty/Whitney or Norman.

-Rollout spam
    -Hypnosis trolling
    -Slaking table flipping your team to death
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!