Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    You should just have used a proper video compression method. There's no excuse for 9 seconds video with less than 640x480 of resolution being more than 100mb in size.
    Sure I could have, but I just picked one at random since the normal export formats didn't support 60fps, any tips on what export method to use?

I am not uploading it to youtube since most of you would most likely completely miss it if you watched it in any less than 60fps... which is still quite baffling

Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    I was looking forward to GW2 for a very long time. An hour into the beta I uninstalled it :/ One of many thing's I did not like about it was how you moved. I'm a mouse guy, I rarely use WASD and to keyboard turn is a bit... meh. It's a shame really.
    What do you mean? I never ever used keyboard to turn while in game and didn't find a problem with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Sorry Edge last post and i am out from today

Watch again the :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hET-wJ9QYk
    At 05:45 his camera zoom in , like GW2
    Zoomed in because of an object behind the camera. That's the only time my camera in GW2 ever zoomed in, as well.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    What do you mean by how you moved? O_o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbEuv_6qIM
    Last edited by Lithium301; 2012-07-24 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    I was looking forward to GW2 for a very long time. An hour into the beta I uninstalled it :/ One of many thing's I did not like about it was how you moved. I'm a mouse guy, I rarely use WASD and to keyboard turn is a bit... meh. It's a shame really.
    I never used my keyboard to turn, it was always by mouse.

Are you one of those that prefer click to move then?

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium301 View Post
    I did the exact same thing in WoW when I played

Deleted
    Zoomed in because of an object behind the camera. That's the only time my camera in GW2 ever zoomed in, as well.
    If you watch the video the OP posted somewhere (I saw it in his other thread) you will notice that in GW2 the camera zooms in a lot more than it has to which again IMO is a problem. Yes the camera zooms in in WoW when theres an object behind you but it doesnt zoom in as much (asuming the object has same distance from player in both games).

Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Just beacause in WoW , character have a round black hole on their feet , i means that gw2 have a floaty gameplay ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hET-wJ9QYk
    05:30
    In my honest oppinion: It pretty much does, but I only use WoW as a standpoint because I havn't played that many other MMOs, But people in this thread said that it was better in Aion as well and a very few in Guild Wars 1.

I have though come to the conclusion that it is an issue with the Mouse Acceleration or whatever they call it, it was mention on the thread of the official forums. so I hope they'll atleast add a tick box to remove that.

Don't know the purpose of the sped up video.

Edit: same thing here, you cant see the issue very well, when the character moves left the player has already pressed his "run right" key, the character moving lags slightly after the keypresses so if you spam A & D you eventually get the character to run the opposite of what you're pressing

Again, this makes the game feel sluggish along with the camera
    Last edited by Lithium301; 2012-07-24 at 06:54 PM.

The video IMO, doesn't show the issue. You can't see the issue. You can feel the issue.

If you can't feel it, then enjoy the game. You've already paid for it, and I'm not trying to stop you. For me it's an annoyance. I do notice it. It's like the mouse is telling the camera where to go, but it's told to get there in a quarter second or so to make it look smoother. It's fast, but it's not immediate. I like immediacy. There is no way to turn this smoothing off. If I could ask them to do so, I would.

I like it when I press a button and things happen immediately. I believe GW2 asks the server for permission before using abilities. 99.99% of the time, it's going to allow it. It should start animating that action right away, to make it feel immediate. If for some reason the server disallows it or fails to respond, then stop drawing it and revert to a previous state. It's not rocket science. It's what WoW has done for years. It's why WoW does feel immediate.

There are a great deal of things that WoW doesn't do, and IMO GW2 does those exceptionally well. It does them well enough that I will buy GW2 and play it for a fair old while. It's been a long time since I was questing around other players and didn't feel that they were stealing from me and getting in my way. I like my abilities to be more than just "press these in this order for maximum DPS, repeat forever". The mixing up of offence and defence appealed to me in Diablo 3 and it appeals to me here.

Just stop shouting down everyone who notices this issue and wants it fixing just because you paid for it already and think anyone with a complaint is a raging WoW fanboy trying to kill "your" game...

10+ Year Old Account
    I see that character's legs spazzing out and not matching the character movement when he does that.

My characters legs in WoW spaz out when I do that, and don't match the character movement.

Not seeing the issue. I'm seeing what is happening, but I have not seen other games handle it.

In addition... that's from BWE2. I tried that in BWE3 to see if it still happened, and I didn't really notice it happening nearly as much.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    No one said it was slow, anyways if you look at 2:00 you can easily see that the camera zooms in slightly (and out again) when he turns it arround.
    Perhaps it's because he's directly up against an environmental object?

I see that character's legs spazzing out and not matching the character movement when he does that.

My characters legs in WoW spaz out when I do that, and don't match the character movement.

Not seeing the issue. I'm seeing what is happening, but I have not seen other games handle it.
    Read my previous post

I posted a comment on your youtube video not on here youll know which poster I am
    Last edited by Hellspawnxxx; 2012-07-24 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: same thing here, you cant see the issue very well, when the character moves left the player has already pressed his "run right" key, the character moving lags slightly after the keypresses so if you spam A & D you eventually get the character to run the opposite of what you're pressing

Again, this makes the game feel sluggish along with the camera
    That never happened to me. I pushed left, immediately moved left, pushed right, immediately moved right. O_o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    Perhaps it's because he's directly up against an environmental object?
    It does this every where, trust me this is not the only video where it happens. Not to mention I tried it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post

I can be just as off topic as you... Now stop linking that god damn pyramid.
    It's not off topic. You are attacking PEOPLE not their ARGUMENTS. That's not how meaningful discussions work.

I don't feel like giving a real graphic, so hear comes an attempt at ascii art to illustrate why cameras zoom in!

- Removed because it didn't come out properly -

As far as camera acceleration...it might have happened, it might not have. I didn't notice it, because even if it did happen, it's something you automatically adjust to by playing the game.
    Last edited by rhandric; 2012-07-24 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

That never happened to me. I pushed left, immediately moved left, pushed right, immediately moved right. O_o
    Not if you spam left and right like he did in the video. If you claim otherwise I'll just finally dismiss you for trolling, this naysaying has been going on for far too long despite the proof we've put forward

Not if you spam left and right like he did in the video. If you claim otherwise I'll just finally dismiss you for trolling, this naysaying has been going on for far too long despite the proof we've put forward
    Not any different than WoW. I used to do the exact same thing when I played there. If you claim otherwise I'll just finally dismiss you for trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can call me a troll all you want, but I didn't see it happening when I spammed left and right like I was having a seizure, either. I noticed my character moving funny, but that was it.