Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Thieves are probably worse off than either mesmers or engineers, yet I see little complaints about them on here.
    I guess thieves aren't very much interested in a mesmer discussion thread :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I guess thieves aren't very much interested in a mesmer discussion thread :P
    On this forum*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Stacking power and going sword/pistol staff was the fotm build that everyone used.

Point is not enough builds are practical.
    I've seen a few mesmers that went very defensively and did well... i didn't really play around with mesmer this BWE though so i can't really confirm whether or not my build still works =(
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I've seen a few mesmers that went very defensively and did well... i didn't really play around with mesmer this BWE though so i can't really confirm whether or not my build still works =(
    Ignoring toughness is probably the way to go atm and going with vitality for a surv stat. The impact on toughness seems to be less than what it was BWE2 (which is what I did) and I really feel no difference between 1k toughness and 2k in BWE3.

The mirror heal is awful unless you stack healing power because it has a lower heal amount than empathy (and empathy has lower cd and is increased by illusions) and the reflect is only 1 second.

It would be easier just to kite around a pillar with mantra of recovery stacking healing power than use mirror.

Portals is also lackluster, from when they first described them it sounded like some awesome transfer system. However it last for 20 seconds or till 2 people enter now and 1 of those 2 people will probably be you.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-07-24 at 01:36 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring toughness is probably the way to go atm and going with vitality for a surv stat. The impact on toughness seems to be less than what it was BWE2 (which is what I did) and I really feel no difference between 1k toughness and 2k in BWE3.

The mirror heal is awful unless you stack healing power because it has a lower heal amount than empathy (and empathy has lower cd and is increased by illusions) and the reflect is only 1 second.

It would be easier just to kite around a pillar with mantra of recovery stacking healing power than use mirror.

Portals is also lackluster, from when they first described them it sounded like some awesome transfer system. However it last for 20 seconds or till 2 people enter now and 1 of those 2 people will probably be you.
    Wow... portals got hit with the ban hammer, it used to be it worked for 20 seconds or until the mesmer left the area... i remember pulling what my wow friends kept refering to as a "Jana Proudmore" where i would teleport my whole team into a conflicted capture point by putting a portal at say the bottom of clock tower, they all stand on it, then drop it in the capture point and yell "SURPRISE!!"

And are you sure Mirror doesn't reflect during the cast time? I was -told- it reflected during the cast time and then 1 second AFTER the heal, once again i didn't test it, -when- i played mesmer it was empathy since that really fit my play style more...

PS: For toughness i just had a lot of it due to going 30pts into Chaos
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

With my "build" i could easily solo 3 players and survive 5 long enough for my team mates to take the 2 other control points, i used Sword/Focus and Greatsword.

Healing, only Ether Feast seems good for anything really.

Utility, our utilities is god damn insane, in a good way, we can manipulate so much with people, + shattering with the right build can save you, put pressure or anything really.

Mesmers are in a good spot, both on the weapon and utility account, the Moa elite in sPvP is very good too.

Portals are very very good in dungeons and WvWvW, it's not that good in sPvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is the build i used for all 3 pvp matches i did, so i can't really say whether or not it works either REALLY REALLY well like my ranger build, or if i just happened to get lucky in those 3 parings like i did with my engs first 2 games or so lol.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/mes...4|2228|0|6|10|

as for the runes.... i forget what they're called i THINK it was undead... but i'd need to check that...

Deleted
    Finally got around to dedicating a lot of time on the Mesmer profession. Had mixed feelings about it initially but really grew into the illusion use and especially the sword and greatsword. Nice trickster class. Here's a spotlight I made for those interested.

Do wish they'd have a bit more in terms of melee weaponry though (Like daggers), but hey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that was an extremely well done video, and i think it covered what the mesmer is and what they're capable of VERY VERY well

I'm assuming mirrored feedback reflects projectiles outside the bubble too and not just inside?

Also my new build critique!

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul...0.0.20.20.30.0

The focus is getting those crits to stack bleeds from my sigil, not sure how well it would do though. I went double bleed sigil for 100% bleed on crit and trying to stack bleeds as high as possible.

I'm not sure how much damage the bleeds would do though but since bleeds are not effected by armor....
    Last edited by zito; 2012-07-25 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming mirrored feedback reflects projectiles outside the bubble too and not just inside?

Also my new build critique!

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul...0.0.20.20.30.0

The focus is getting those crits to stack bleeds from my sigil, not sure how well it would do though. I went double bleed sigil for 100% bleed on crit and trying to stack bleeds as high as possible.

I'm not sure how much damage the bleeds would do though but since bleeds are not effected by armor....
    you are correct good sir and/or madam! And since when is the phantasamal fury in the duelist tree O.o? that'd explain why i couldn't find it for one of my builds earlier xD

EDIT: I forgot to mentiont hat Mirrored feedback places it AROUND your target, so you don't actually place it yourself it'll just fly up around your foe, not sure what happens if you have no target though never tried...
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-07-25 at 12:50 AM.

I forgot to mentiont hat Mirrored feedback places it AROUND your target, so you don't actually place it yourself it'll just fly up around your foe, not sure what happens if you have no target though never tried...
    I know it places the bubble on the foe and it reflects attacks from going out, but what about in was I wondering.

A good combo would to pop feedback using staff or GS and get inside the bubble when the foe leaves.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-07-25 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it places the bubble on the foe and it reflects attacks from going out, but what about in was I wondering.

A good combo would to pop feedback using staff or GS and get inside the bubble when the foe leaves.
    the bubble will not let enemy projectiles IN or OUT it's AMAZING skill you throw it on an enemy in the front line and all the backliners are just getting WRECKED by all the bullets and arrows flying off of it, and that is a good combo and something i did quite often, i -think- it counts as an etheral field too (can't remember) so if you leap into/out of it you also get chaos armor.

When the game comes out I'm going Asura Mesmer, my friends do not like it but something about it makes me all giddy to play

I only played BWE3 and tried five professions. I got an elementalist to 17, a guardian to 14 and tooled around on a thief, ranger and necromancer. I did not like the necromancer at all, didn't take too well to the ranger, liked the guardian a lot, liked the elementalist but wanted less aoe and more direct damage, and the thief was fun but found it a bit restricting.

I am now regretting not trying out a Mesmer based on some videos I watched. I could definitely see myself playing a class that was meant to screw around with people's heads. DO Mesmers have a decent mix of direct damage, AoE, dots, heals, defense, etc. from your experience?
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I think that was an extremely well done video, and i think it covered what the mesmer is and what they're capable of VERY VERY well
    Thanks a lot!

Works both ways. It's quite fantastic, easily my favourite Glamour skill they got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    I only played BWE3 and tried five professions. I got an elementalist to 17, a guardian to 14 and tooled around on a thief, ranger and necromancer. I did not like the necromancer at all, didn't take too well to the ranger, liked the guardian a lot, liked the elementalist but wanted less aoe and more direct damage, and the thief was fun but found it a bit restricting.

I am now regretting not trying out a Mesmer based on some videos I watched. I could definitely see myself playing a class that was meant to screw around with people's heads. DO Mesmers have a decent mix of direct damage, AoE, dots, heals, defense, etc. from your experience?
    They have pretty much all of that but are really lacking in terms of damaging aoe (granted they have plenty of aoe effects like yheir massive reflective bubbles and the such).

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 10:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
    Thanks a lot!

Works both ways. It's quite fantastic, easily my favourite Glamour skill they got.
    Personally, I'd go as far to sy that it's my FAVORITE Mesmer utility xD.

Deleted
    is it just me, or does mesmer go down in popularity? before i saw a lot of people picking him up(also voting on him on forums) but now it seems its the least played proffesion (also bump)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake1596 View Post
    is it just me, or does mesmer go down in popularity? before i saw a lot of people picking him up(also voting on him on forums) but now it seems its the least played proffesion (also bump)
    You have to realize that's on this forum ONLY go into the betas and mesmers were everywhere ESPECIALLY on sPvP, although I feel we won't see as many period because a lot of people migrating from other games look at Mesmer and go,, "idk way that is..." and pass over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how fun a Mesmer focused on Phantasms would do, since Shatters don't seem to do a whole lot. The two utility Phantasms look pretty useful, even if you can't have them active at the same time.

Like this for example, although I'm not sure if it's the best build for that idea.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.