View Poll Results: will you be getting googles 1gb inernet when they release it?

Voters
269. This poll is closed
  • Yes, 1gb will give me crazy fast downloads

213 79.18%
  • No, it will be full of problems and isnt worth the price

56 20.82%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I take it this is for the USA only then? no chance of hyperspeed internet for the UK?

I'm paying for 10meg broadband and I'm always being fucking throttled down to 170kbs downloading speed, Virgin Media suck gigantic balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    I don't SEE anything wrong with it. But any awful ISP can proclaim themselves an amazing, high-speed internet provider.

I pay for 16 mbps with Bell Canada and I get..

I wouldn't equate Google with your typical awful ISP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously I would get it. Propel us into the future, google.

All I think about, now that Google is starting to sell Internet/Cable, is the possible pair of Walmart + Google. Imagine those world superpowers becoming one. It would be the equivalent of "Buy N Large" from WALL-E.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    I take it this is for the USA only then? no chance of hyperspeed internet for the UK?

I'm paying for 10meg broadband and I'm always being fucking throttled down to 170kbs downloading speed, Virgin Media suck gigantic balls.
    I use more than 5GB on a low usage day, 30GB on a high day on 100mbit, and I still get roughly 100mbit, it's probably a problem in your area or something... Get it checked out bro.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2085941872.png

--

I'd totally get it, if I was living there.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    seems awesome, but what do i DL that will make it feel much different then 10 or 100 Mbps?
    Apparently you guys also missed if you pay the $300 for getting fiber installed you get free service = to your current service.

I hope when I get out of School where ever I go has this cause I am used to high speeds heres the speedtest from IU's Wireless internet

And here is our wired speed.

Last edited by vindicatorx; 2012-07-26 at 09:16 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

i kinda like my current isp...but id take a look at it, see how much it costs, and how much faster it is versus fios

First time ever hearing about... prolly wont be available in my area. Nothing ever is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post

VM are awful for throttling people on the lower end plans but I've had good experience at the higher end. I'm with them on 50MB/sec and it's supposedly going up to 100MB/sec. I don't get the best speeds but no throttling, no cap.

That being said... if this ever came to the UK I'd definitely upgrade. I will always get the fastest available for my area

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    I use more than 5GB on a low usage day, 30GB on a high day on 100mbit, and I still get roughly 100mbit, it's probably a problem in your area or something... Get it checked out bro.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2085941872.png

--

I'd totally get it, if I was living there.

See, now if I resume a downloading game on steam or something. I get 200kb/s download speed AT BEST. Seems to happen like after 6pm my download speeds go insultingly slow, can't stream vids in 720p etc. I'm paying for unlimited broadband too so its not like I have a usage cap.
    Last edited by mmoc3784f78918; 2012-07-26 at 09:16 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im happy with mine. $10 for

I'd be all over it if it were available to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    you people cry about the speed but dont forget you also have a data cap thats horrendously low if you actually look at it (mines 250gb/month)

Gingercrab, I totally feel your pain. Where I live, they dont even get Rogers down here... the fastest Cable internet is 1mbps down, and they were charging the same as Primus is giving me for DSL at 5mbps down and 0.75up using Bell Lines...

I want rogers so bad... but... that would require me to move... gotta love Port Dover

Only saving grace is theres no Data cap
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

It would be nice to say you have 1gbs fiber, but when downloads are so slow because of the server they come from... It's crap. I download from steam at 2mbps but I actually get 20 up 5 down from speedtest normally.

/Dreams and Hopes

Aveline's amazing work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Gonna be a while before this is a thing in the Netherlands...
    If it ever does though we'll be golden, cause most of the country is hooked up to fiber allready. Pretty sure we have one of the highest densities in both availability and usage of fiber optic in the world.

Would love something like this atm I'm paying £45($70.61) per month for a 20mb connection when I get around 10mb at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, 1gb will give me crazy fast downloads
    Except it won't due to the slower uploads from others and your HDD/SSD speed.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    you people cry about the speed but dont forget you also have a data cap thats horrendously low if you actually look at it (mines 250gb/month)
    What's the deal with that cap? I don't and never had it in my country, only for mobile carriers.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I already pay $80 a month so most definitely

10+ Year Old Account
    If they offered me a 2mb connection i would accept :S