Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I wonder how fun a Mesmer focused on Phantasms would do, since Shatters don't seem to do a whole lot. The two utility Phantasms look pretty useful, even if you can't have them active at the same time.

Like this for example, although I'm not sure if it's the best build for that idea.
    The problem with an all phantasm build is the amount of clones you can generate that overwrites them. So going scepter would be contradicting. This is exactly why I feel mesmer is missing another 1h ranged weapon because its a choice between a clone spammer or a melee sword.

We need something else... also mass invisibility is not really decent atm, I wish it was still a utility skill :/
    Last edited by zito; 2012-07-28 at 11:07 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The problem with an all phantasm build is the amount of clones you can generate that overwrites them. So going scepter would be contradicting. This is exactly why I feel mesmer is missing another 1h ranged weapon because its a choice between a clone spammer or a melee sword.

We need something else... also mass invisibility is not really decent atm, I wish it was still a utility skill :/
    They seriously just need to remove Phantasms from the counter entirely, and not make you limited in how many Phantasms you can have. Let's face it, with utilities and two weapon sets, you can only have four Phantasms max anyways, two of which (at least - the build I linked also has the Warden) are specifically supportive in nature. Why should ANet discourage such a build? Sounds like a fun one.

I guess instead of Scepter/Focus, that build would want a Greatsword. Sword/Focus wouldn't work, as you wouldn't be able to reliably use your gap closer.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I guess instead of Scepter/Focus, that build would want a Greatsword. Sword/Focus wouldn't work, as you wouldn't be able to reliably use your gap closer.
    You are forgetting about one thing

Wardens feedback

Sword has more survivability regardless just with frenzy. If you can't close the gap do this combo :

Curtain to reflect projectiles - warden - run to warden - switch to gs- kite around your warden while your foe lolkillshimself.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/mes...5|2228|0|2|17|
    I would go with this, time warp + phantasmal haste = godly.

Poping a 5 stack of vul with reflect up is a good combo, GS also has a knockback and a slow forcing them to stay ranged and if they close in switch to melee and rape them with the power of your OP frenzy.

Not to mention shattering curtain buys a little more time.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-07-28 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm. I had forgotten about Wardens Feedback. I also see the build (what I was trying to build anyways) as a bit of a "support" build, so it felt odd to go with Sword or Greatsword. Not that you can't be a supportive player in melee, but I always found it easier to do from a distance.

Guess I'd have to look at it as a survival-support build, with some control.

Seriously, they just need to take Phantasms off the clone counter. It's nonsensical. ><
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Hrm. I had forgotten about Wardens Feedback. I also see the build (what I was trying to build anyways) as a bit of a "support" build, so it felt odd to go with Sword or Greatsword. Not that you can't be a supportive player in melee, but I always found it easier to do from a distance.

Guess I'd have to look at it as a survival-support build, with some control.
    I updated the build with GS and sword instead you probably missed my edits :x

You wanna stack power and vitaility, if they don't make toughness useful by release, don't bother with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I updated the build with GS and sword instead you probably missed my edits :x
    Bah. I guess if I wanted to make a supportive Mesmer I'd just have to stick with Mantras or Glamours? Or even Manipulations I guess.

Seriously, they just need to take Phantasms off the clone counter. It's nonsensical. ><
    They would have to either increase the CD on phantasms if there is no cap (which also means they have to increase their surv to make them last longer), or make a cap for phantasms.

10+ Year Old Account
    They would have to either increase the CD on phantasms if there is no cap (which also means they have to increase their surv to make them last longer), or make a cap for phantasms.
    Wouldn't mind a cap for phantasms, honestly. I'm just tired of clones and phantasms working against each other.

Bah. I guess if I wanted to make a supportive Mesmer I'd just have to stick with Mantras or Glamours? Or even Manipulations I guess.
    Mantras and glamours are our support moves basically unless some skills get indirect help from traits.

Wouldn't mind a cap for phantasms, honestly. I'm just tired of clones and phantasms working against each other.
    I suggested it 3 times during every BWE so I am guessing its a no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did someone say glamours? Cause those things are absolutely amazing at supporting, mantras..... Not so much....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Moa is are only real "elite" skill, as it can completely destroy necromacers transformations and guardians books and anything else really.

Time warp is ok, its CD is unreliable and the effect is unpredictable. Quickness is just too intense and it takes the term fast to another level most of the time its wasted because people can't respond to it.

Aoe stealth is just bad since everyone just spams their ranged attack button in your direction and you get hit anyway, its 5 sec duration doesn't help for a pre-emptive surprise attack.

Did someone say glamours? Cause those things are absolutely amazing at supporting, mantras..... Not so much....
    A mantra stun or daze can save another players life, with traited it heals others. But yea not so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Mantras and glamours are our support moves basically unless some skills get indirect help from traits.

I suggested it 3 times during every BWE so I am guessing its a no.
    You don't really need them though -_-' one phantasam plus 2 clones is plenty enough, the problem is zito that you're to attached to your phantasam and are for what ever reason, afraid to shatter their ass 5 seconds after they spawn... An if you build inspiration right you can have some really sexy support with phantasms.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    There's a trait that causes mantras to do.... I forget what, but something for allies.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 06:26 PM ----------

You don't really need them though -_-' one phantasam plus 2 clones is plenty enough, the problem is zito that you're to attached to your phantasam and are for what ever reason, afraid to shatter their ass 5 seconds after they spawn... An if you build inspiration right you can have some really sexy support with phantasms.
    The problem is that phantasms and clones work against each other, not so much that shatters can waste phantasms. It's hard to build heavily for phantasms because of this.

I have no problems wanting to shatter phantasms. I will shatter them for the daze and distortion if I need to. Mind wrack not so much because they do more damage, cry maybe if I traited for retaliation.

My problem is useless clones spawning when I don't want them to overwriting my good phantasm aka scepter and we don't have another ranged 1h option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time warp is ok, its CD is unreliable and the effect is unpredictable. Quickness is just too intense and it takes the term fast to another level most of the time its wasted because people can't respond to it.
    I think people just aren't used to it yet. If you're coordinating properly, you may even announce to the group (gamer keys anyone?) that you're putting down a time warp.

Aoe stealth is just bad since everyone just spams their ranged attack button in your direction and you get hit anyway, its 5 sec duration doesn't help for a pre-emptive surprise attack.
    I'm not too fond of an aoe stealth elite either, especially since Mesmers already can put down that wall that stealths allies running through it (seems superior to me), but I'm sure group stealth has it's use in combat. It also doubles as a combo field, though I don't remember what the field does.

A mantra stun or daze can save another players life, with traited it heals others. But yea not so much[/QUOTE]

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 06:29 PM ----------

My problem is useless clones spawning when I don't want them to overwriting my good phantasm aka scepter and we don't have another ranged 1h option.
    And imo, the Scepter is a great supportive/controlling tool with the confusion and blind it applies, moreso than the Sword.

Kinda weird that Mesmer is the only caster that doesn't wield daggers.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a trait that causes mantras to do.... I forget what, but something for allies.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 06:26 PM ----------

The problem is that phantasms and clones work against each other, not so much that shatters can waste phantasms. It's hard to build heavily for phantasms because of this.
    Yeah....I don't see how they clash... At all... Just avoid summoning a clone till your phantasam is done being useful (generally after 2 attacks, or for the pistolers 1) you'd think that you guys would just shatter more... I don't think I ever let an illusion/ phantasam get destroyed by me summoning another I always blew them up ad then brought out more...

How does aoe stealth have a combo field? It doesn't display a "field" and breaks when you attack, it isn't a giant circle you step into the wall has a combo though.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 11:31 PM ----------

Yeah....I don't see how they clash... At all... Just avoid summoning a clone till your phantasam is done being useful (generally after 2 attacks, or for the pistolers 1) you'd think that you guys would just shatter more... I don't think I ever let an illusion/ phantasam get destroyed by me summoning another I always blew them up ad then brought out more...
    Your logic makes phantasmal haste useless, I shouldn't have to shatter my phantasm because an ability I need to use summons a clone in the process replacing it (staffs teleport, scepters MAIN ATTACK).

You are pretty fond of warden, I would want this baby out as long as possible, not after 1 or 2 spins.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 11:34 PM ----------

And imo, the Scepter is a great supportive/controlling tool with the confusion and blind it applies, moreso than the Sword.

Kinda weird that Mesmer is the only caster that doesn't wield daggers.
    BWE2 the blind only really hit one person easily strifed out of too since its a straight line, BWE3 it was broken and didn't work at all. Block isn't worth 1 attack, that leaves confusion and clone spammer both not very supportive to others unless you trait for minor heal to allies :x

Sword has a root, the teleport applies a root now. Getting somebody off your team mate
    Last edited by zito; 2012-07-28 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, huh. I guess it just applies mass stealth to nearby allies.

Gee, yeah, why is that an elite, when Veil is clearly superior on a shorter CD?

Oh, huh. I guess it just applies mass stealth to nearby allies.

Gee, yeah, why is that an elite, when Veil is clearly superior on a shorter CD?
    Not sure, vield use to be a giant ring. I think that as an elite would be acceptable. Mass invis in its current state is a no.

IMO just switch the 2. You can get invisibility twice for like 10 seconds with viel, More OP.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 11:57 PM ----------

How is this not an elite skill for the thief?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_Refuge

A pulsing stealth aoe heal with a combo move of blindness and leech.

wut

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. The only Thief elite that I feel they could swap out is the venom.

Pretty sure you can't get stealth twice in a row, btw. You get a "Revealed!" effect after breaking stealth, that lasts for 3 seconds and prevents re-stealthing. Veil's stealth lasts for 4 seconds and has an 8 second duration, so you'd have to time it flawlessly.