Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Thanks. New quick one: what's best to pre cast before the fight? I'm doing an earthquake, is that ok?
    Pre-cast Lightning bolt, its your highest DPET abilities you can pre-cast. Just make sure when you pre-cast it doesn't make you use your potion too early or you pull the boss. Having to stop casting to lose aggro cos your tank wasn't ready is a lot worse =)

Thank you Endus for this awesome guide, asnwered many questions I had

Quick question about totems, I hit level 31 today and I find that I'm mostly quickly out of mana. I drop call of the elements before any mob group during dungeons, it costs too much mana, should I use it for only bosses instead? Like, using call of the elements on bosses and only searing totem on simple mob groups, would that work?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're level 31, and running dungeons. You can safely ignore the buff totems if you're having mana trouble, really.

Thanks, guess I panic too much :/

Hehe yeah you do, no need to worry about stuff like that until you're 85 and raiding, your mana management will severely improve once you do.

I hear that Fire Elemental will no longer snap shot stats at the time of cast. Is that true?
    I still assume Engi and Tailor will still be the best professions. Any evidence that this will not be the case in MOP?

Also sort of related can you have slowfall cloak and tailor cloak enchant at the same time?
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I hear that Fire Elemental will no longer snap shot stats at the time of cast. Is that true?
    Yes, it no longer snapshots, and now updates as your stats change. It also benefits from haste and I believe crit, which it never used to.

I still assume Engi and Tailor will still be the best professions. Any evidence that this will not be the case in MOP?
    The only real advantage those had for us in particular was that their bonus was a proc, rather than a passive stat boost, which meant you could stack them and summon a Fire Elemental that would retain the higher Intellect for a longer duration.

That's no longer a factor, so you'd be able to take pretty much whichever professions you wanted to in MoP, in theory, at least of crafting professions. The differences would be exceedingly minimal if apparent at all.

Also sort of related can you have slowfall cloak and tailor cloak enchant at the same time?
    Yes, enchants and tinkers are essentialy two different "slots". You can also have glove enchants and glove tinkers, for instance.

Assuming that isn't changing; TBH I haven't looked into professions a great deal for MoP yet.

Also does it feel like the new glyphs model doesn't work for ele shaman? I can't see anyone using any prime glyphs other than Flame Shock, Unleashed Lightning, and Chain Lightning for a standard fight.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Also does it feel like the new glyphs model doesn't work for ele shaman? I can't see anyone using any prime glyphs other than Flame Shock, Unleashed Lightning, and Chain Lightning for a standard fight.
    GoUL and GoCL are DPS losses unless conditions for them are favorable. The only one that's almost a guaranteed "yes" is FS.

Endus, I'm ready for your MoP guide bud!

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Deleted
    Not to mention Fire Elemental Glyph is a DPS increase too on fights where the duration is long enough for a third Fire Ele with the glyph but not over 10 minutes long, Telluric Currents is currently on live incredibly good for sustain for Elemental (allows you to not go oom from Ascendance or CL spam - you can recover mana easily outside of these phases) and also Glyph of Healing Stream Totem is insanely good on a lot of fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus4004 View Post
    Endus, I'm ready for your MoP guide bud!
    We haven't even started working on it yet. Still a bit of work to do yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    We haven't even started working on it yet. Still a bit of work to do yet.
    And to expand on that; it may not even be ready at launch. Wouldn't make much sense to start writing before things get settled down enough development-wise for us to start making firm conclusions about rotation priority and stat priority and the like.

Once that stuff is more or less in stone, then we can get to work in a big way.

There WILL be an updated guide, I can guarantee that, though. There are plans. Plans within plans.

Thanks Endus, I plan on switching from Prot War to ele sham and your guide is the best on the net. So It'll be something new to me and trying to read and learn as much as I can prior to MoP appreciate everything you guys do.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I know Panda will prob be the best race for the first tier but how about after that? Do you think they will remain top dps all through MOP?
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    I know Panda will prob be the best race for the first tier but how about after that? Do you think they will remain top dps all through MOP?
    As it stands currently they will be the best for the whole of the expansion (pure number wise) because of the sheer amount of stats it provides. I believe Orc goes up to second place now with Command (5% more pet damage), especially if you take Primal Elementalist, with Troll in 3rd. I'm sticking with Goblin however because Goblin jump is just amazing and the amount of mechanics in t14 that Goblin Jump would be useful for is pretty significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    As it stands currently they will be the best for the whole of the expansion (pure number wise) because of the sheer amount of stats it provides. I believe Orc goes up to second place now with Command (5% more pet damage), especially if you take Primal Elementalist, with Troll in 3rd. I'm sticking with Goblin however because Goblin jump is just amazing and the amount of mechanics in t14 that Goblin Jump would be useful for is pretty significant.
    You're underestimating the value of 1% hit there. I guess I should do some work on adding racials into the spreadsheet this afternoon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    You're underestimating the value of 1% hit there. I guess I should do some work on adding racials into the spreadsheet this afternoon.
    I was doing it from a Horde point of view, probably should have made that clear! I assumed he was Horde because of his signature but didn't make that clear. Draenei are indeed pretty good, though I'd argue Orc and Troll are still better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing it from a Horde point of view, probably should have made that clear! I assumed he was Horde because of his signature but didn't make that clear. Draenei are indeed pretty good, though I'd argue Orc and Troll are still better.
    I know I'll be going Panda, but most of that has to do with frustration that Dwarf racials are nearly useless for Elemental (and the one exception, for PvP, was Stoneform, which was mostly "good" due to a lack of other defensive tools, which isn't the case in MoP), and that I just can't stand Draenei.

True. Had a look at it this afternoon. Troll seems to come out ahead of Orc, mostly because of the gain from stacking haste CD's with Fire Elemental. Goblin is a distant third.