Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh no....some black folks were refused for something they wanted to do. Oh god...how could of he. What a shock...surely this never happened before and everybody is like :O (sarcasm )
    How come there are no news whatsoever about how black folks diss whiteys?

wow that's pretty terrible, I didn't know it was legal in the USA to discriminate against people because of their skin colour.

Also slightly off-topic but did anyone hear the man's accent? It was absolutely amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    You wouldnt want to get married there certaintly not, but you would be hurt and dissapointed by the fact a church shouldnt even behave this way.
    a church should be a safe place for people to go to and a place where everyone should be welcome. your backyard is yours, and your backyard isnt a place people can walk in and talk to god
    I agree that I would be upset and no, they really shouldn't act that way. It is foolish and childish.
    I don't think God caress whether a person was in church or in my backyard. If there is an all seeing all knowing power that answers prayer, I imagine you could in fact talk to him in my backyard.. of course that is aside from your point.

The point of my analogy is like this. The church is a private entity legally within its rights to turn anyone away. Just as a grocery store can turn you away for not wearing shoes a church can do the same. I was once refused service at an Arby's when me and a friend went in with our gym clothes on. It isn't good business practice or even nice. Of course, I wrote a nasty letter to Arby's and they offered me a free meal.. but that was it, and I never cashed in on it.

The case of my backyard was something of an extreme example to stress a point. However, imagine if you and I where best friends. You come over all the time, we hang out, etc. etc. You decide to have a bbq in my backyard for your birthday for some reason or another. At this point, let us assume that I find out you hate Nicki Minaj, well.. I love Nicki Minaj. So I tell you to go away, never speak to me again and no, you can't have your birthday party here. Well, you are going to feel hurt I am sure, that something so small and unexpected came between the two of us. Something that really should have no bearing on whether two people can get along. Yet still, it is within my right to ban you from my backyard. Still an extreme example, but a little more clear with my intentions.

What happened here at the church is a similar thing. The church refused to allow someone the use of their premises for the silly reason of color. However, no one can really make them do it anyway, it isn't a crime in the least.
    Last edited by Takanami; 2012-07-29 at 04:33 PM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

And if church refuse to run marriage of two white people, would you think it is normal or not? Such a hypocrisy. Nothing really discuss here, all people do whatever they want. If they hate black guys, gays, lesbian and other unnatural things (or whatever reason it was for them) they are free to do what they want. It's not a sensation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Takanami View Post
    I agree that I would be upset and no, they really shouldn't act that way. It is foolish and childish.
    I don't think God caress whether a person was in church or in my backyard. If there is an all seeing all knowing power that answers prayer, I imagine you could in fact talk to him in my backyard.. of course that is aside from your point.

The point of my analogy is like this. The church is a private entity legally within its rights to turn anyone away. Just as a grocery store can turn you away for not wearing shoes a church can do the same. I was once refused service at an Arby's when me and a friend went in with our gym clothes on. It isn't good business practice or even nice. Of course, I wrote a nasty letter to Arby's and they offered me a free meal.. but that was it, and I never cashed in on it.

The case of my backyard was something of an extreme example to stress a point. However, imagine if you and I where best friends. You come over all the time, we hang out, etc. etc. You decide to have a bbq in my backyard for your birthday for some reason or another. At this point, let us assume that I find out you hate Nicki Minaj, well.. I love Nicki Minaj. So I tell you to go away, never speak to me again and no, you can't have your birthday party here. Well, you are going to feel hurt I am sure, that something so small and unexpected came between the two of us. Something that really should have no bearing on whether two people can get along. Yet still, it is within my right to ban you from my backyard. Still an extreme example, but a little more clear with my intentions.

What happened here at the church is a similar thing. The church refused to allow someone the use of their premises for the silly reason of color. However, no one can really make them do it anyway, it isn't a crime in the least.
    Next time those people can change their skin color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology - the Republican 4G Network.

my problem is that the church let the booking go months ago, let all the planning happen, then backed out at the last minute

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    And if church refuse to run marriage of two white people, would you think it is normal or not? Such a hypocrisy. Nothing really discuss here, all people do whatever they want. If they hate black guys, gays, lesbian and other unnatural things (or whatever reason it was for them) they are free to do what they want. It's not a sensation.
    Well i doubt a church of white people, will nver deny straight white people marrying

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Oh no....some black folks were refused for something they wanted to do. Oh god...how could of he. What a shock...surely this never happened before and everybody is like :O (sarcasm )
    How come there are no news whatsoever about how black folks diss whiteys?
    Wow I need to refrain from calling you some choice words before I get an infraction.

This isn't about a joke or a dis this is about straight up discrimination. If a black baptist church refused whites to marry it would also be in the news. Don't be so ignorant.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 12:38 PM ----------

Why are foolish people assuming "if blacks denied whites to marry it wouldn't be news" What the hell are you even whining about. People were denied marriage because of racism and all I see are ignorant people saying "oh so what if it happened to white people no one would care." BUT HAS IT HAPPENED IN ORDER FOR YOU TO EVEN SAY THIS?

Its funny how so many people think discrimination is fine when religion is involved. (Aka the whole 'if the church doesn't want to do it/want people like that in there, its their business!' argument.)

Means I can take any religion, read their holy book and interpret stuff as I want and then go on my merry way, discriminating and harassing other people cause its my ~religious freedom~

Oh what a world we live in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

This is disgusting on so many levels.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

This is always an interesting controversy. Churches should be private institutions, and we would like if we could let them do what they want. But we can't ignore the social impact such a thing has in all areas of life. Especially for a church, there's probably not much alternatives in their area, and we really don't want to go around saying this sort of thing is ok.

The point of my analogy is like this. The church is a private entity legally within its rights to turn anyone away. Just as a grocery store can turn you away for not wearing shoes a church can do the same.
    However, imagine if you and I where best friends. You come over all the time, we hang out, etc. etc. You decide to have a bbq in my backyard for your birthday for some reason or another. At this point, let us assume that I find out you hate Nicki Minaj, well.. I love Nicki Minaj. So I tell you to go away, never speak to me again and no, you can't have your birthday party here. Well, you are going to feel hurt I am sure, that something so small and unexpected came between the two of us. Something that really should have no bearing on whether two people can get along. Yet still, it is within my right to ban you from my backyard. Still an extreme example, but a little more clear with my intentions.

I have a tendency to agree with you there, if everyone was forced into letting anyone do anything because if they didn't it's racism, we would be in a worse situation. I mean what's better here, the church being forced to include the black couple that they don't get along with, which will probably result in both parties feeling uncomfortable, or the black couple finding themselves a nicer loving church that actually wants them to be there and makes them feel welcome.

I don't condone racism at all, but if being different is protected, then to some degree, isn't racism just another form of difference? I would prefer if racists were allowed to show themselves and talk, so that I would know who they are and stay away from them.

The best way I can put it is this, imagine you are bullied in school by some mean girls. Would you like the bullying to stop and for you to be protected, a valid response, or would you have liked for the teacher to force the girls to play with you, deepening their hatred of you and making you feel scared.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    I don't condone racism at all, but if being different is protected, then to some degree, isn't racism just another form of difference? I would prefer if racists were allowed to show themselves and talk, so that I would know who they are and stay away from them.

The best way I can put it is this, imagine you are bullied in school by some mean girls. Would you like the bullying to stop and for you to be protected, a valid response, or would you have liked for the teacher to force the girls to play with you, deepening their hatred of you and making you feel scared.
    When you get bullied, more should be done and will probably be done, than just for you to stay away. the bullies will be punished severly. And no i dont think its wise for racists to go out there and say im racist, it would lead to so many terrible things i cant even count.
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2012-07-29 at 04:59 PM.

When you get bullied more should be done and will probably be done that just for you to stay away. the bullies will be punished severly. and no i dont think its wise for racists to go out there and say im racist, it would lead to so many terrible things i cant even count.
    You misunderstand the difference between someone saying "I don't like that guy because he's black", and his co-workers avoiding him because their views don't sync up, and a guy who acts violently towards someone because of race. Words are just words. It doesn't matter if you hold an opinion that's horrendous, like "kittens should be used as food", or something equally idiotic, as long as you never act on it or touch a cat badly.

Deleted
    Amazing how in 2012 there are still idiots defending the supposed "right" for a church to discriminate against black people, or anyone for that matter.

Complete with several racist-apologists yelling "HUR WHAT ABOUT BLACKS THEY DO IT TOO!!111". Why am I not surprised.

Even the local community there was mostly outraged, it boggles the mind that the average churchgoer there is more progressive than the young and educated people in this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think racism should be sanctioned by federal funding which tax examption is anywhere, anytime.
    Dont know yet if that particular church applied for it though.
    After that is established one has to look at what the legislation demand of them in order to get it, if they can get it and act this way it is time for a change in the legislation.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I'd enjoy to watch this scenario play out in the USA with a diff angle. John and Jane Smith become muslim and are denied marriage in the local mosque for being white. I bet the reaction would be 100x more severe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I'd enjoy to watch this scenario play out in the USA with a diff angle. John and Jane Smith become muslim and are denied marriage in the local mosque for being white. I bet the reaction would be 100x more severe.
    2 bad muslims dont marry in churches, because they are muslim.

Well i doubt a church of white people, will nver deny straight white people marrying
    So what? Are other people gonna die if some kind of mental-ill people wont recognise their love-feelings? How stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why are foolish people assuming "if blacks denied whites to marry it wouldn't be news" What the hell are you even whining about. People were denied marriage because of racism and all I see are ignorant people saying "oh so what if it happened to white people no one would care." BUT HAS IT HAPPENED IN ORDER FOR YOU TO EVEN SAY THIS?
    Why did foolish people create that hypocritic "racism" term which everyone can use now to excuse their crimes against non-black people? Law must be the only power to judge people thus making they feel the same. Personal preferences don't have to do anything with that. If you don't like something happening in walls of your property you can kick that out. In fact, right now there are anti-democratic features of "some" countries who dare to call themself "omgzord democrats". To your question: no it didn't happen to me because in my country there are almost 0 black people. But we have our own racist problems here as well. All of them are law-execution problems which leads to racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    Its funny how so many people think discrimination is fine when religion is involved. (Aka the whole 'if the church doesn't want to do it/want people like that in there, its their business!' argument.)

Means I can take any religion, read their holy book and interpret stuff as I want and then go on my merry way, discriminating and harassing other people cause its my ~religious freedom~

Oh what a world we live in!
    I'm sorry, but the whole your point is ruined by the fact: I don't recognize all-powerfull-and-knowing-entity with sinner people who believe in flying spaghetti-monster who created them alike himself. In short: I'm not a sectarian of church.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    So why would people that are Muslim, would want to marry in a church????