Thread: The UFC Thread

Was such a brutal kick, and no where near illegal, bad judgement on Rosenthal. Here we go with Kongo, Jordan is a freak athlete.

Man, these past couple fights have shit the bed. Ugh. Where's Mark Hunt when you need him? Then Goldie saying Kongo's ground game is underrated....underrated my ass. It sucks! Gonzaga or Werdum vs. Kongo next plz.

Lombard laying an egg considering all the hype coming into the UFC (maybe because for once he's not fighting a can?). Boetsch not helping matters either, though, and neither of these guys touches Anderson....so yeah, give Weidman the title shot already.

Meh, I don't think Boetsch won that fight, but I don't care too much. So far undercard way better than the main card.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-07-22 at 04:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimuze View Post
    Standing arm triangle takedown, another great fight!
    That was pretty awesome.

What a horrible main card, the prelims were awesome. LOL @ Dana running out of the ring after putting the belt on Barao. Post fight presser should be good. It's too bad for Dana that he is going to catch a ton of crap for this card when it was the fault of the fighters being boring.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-07-22 at 05:17 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah was pretty lame that the prelims were better than the main card but all in all was exciting to see live. Wish Barao would have just finished Faber to give the fans their moneys worth. Too bad there were so many injures, hopefully the next time they come back they can string together a healthier card. Coulda been a real good card if the Lombard/Boetsch fight was as good as it was supposed to be. Didn't mind the main event besides the championship rounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Yeah was pretty lame that the prelims were better than the main card but all in all was exciting to see live. Wish Barao would have just finished Faber to give the fans their moneys worth. Too bad there were so many injures, hopefully the next time they come back they can string together a healthier card. Coulda been a real good card if the Lombard/Boetsch fight was as good as it was supposed to be. Didn't mind the main event besides the championship rounds.
    Hope ticket prices for you weren't too expensive. Prelims were awesome but the main card fights were a huge letdown except for the Faber vs. Barao fight.

---------- Post added 2012-07-21 at 11:16 PM ----------

OMG, Riddle deserves a bonus for that interview!

Boetsch broke his foot in the 2nd round....what's Lombard's excuse I wonder?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Boetsch broke his foot in the 2nd round....what's Lombard's excuse I wonder?
    The shape of the octagon threw him off?

I'd try to come up with something much more clever but I'm tired

15:30-16:00, some dude was taking pics of Miesha Tate's ass 54:00-56:45 for the amazing Matt Riddle interview

Deleted
    damn i am so disapointed of lombard. Damn sucking split decision

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know anything of Lombard, but from the videos that i saw online, i thought he was supposed to be some killer...

Ya Lombard was a dissapointment for sure.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tickets were cheap because I got them through my company but I could have sold them for quite a bit.

After the condit/diaz fight the ufc has changed a lot. Fighters are no longer going for the knockout, they are trying not to get hurt and get the decision. You really cant blame them, get to aggressive and you open yourself up to a knockout.

Another problem is fighters not fighting outside the ring. Gsp and cruz should not still be champions. If you cant defend your belt you shouldnt be champion.

Finally the bantom weight division should never be a main event. Its like watch two kids throwing punches who cant hurt each other. 145 should be a woman's division, not male.

I have a question for Poo, is it illegal to kick a man in the head while he is down? A strike with the quad/upper knee is still considered a kick right? Since its thrown with the leg. I still dont understand the decision in the sonnen/silva fight. Why wasnt there a temp stoppage like when guys get hit in the nuts. poked in the eye or other illegal blows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimuze View Post
    Ya Lombard was a dissapointment for sure.
    Without a doubt.
    I was really hoping for a war from Lombard/Boetsch. Lombard really screwed himself over with that terrible performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I didn't know anything of Lombard, but from the videos that i saw online, i thought he was supposed to be some killer...
    He was supposed to be. He looked insanely hesitant in his UFC debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Tickets were cheap because I got them through my company but I could have sold them for quite a bit.
    That's good that you got the tickets cheap. I personally would never sell UFC tickets, not with a chance to go to the event.

@Chad, as far as Silva Sonnen II, what Silva did was perfectly legal since his knee hit the sternum of Sonnen and his quad barely grazed Sonnen's chin. Here is the gif.

Fighters do seem to be much more cautious in there fights these days. It is also the job of the ref to make sure the fighters stay active.
    If you are a fighter and put on an exciting fight, win or lose the UFC will reward you well. Dan Hardy could be an example, he lost 4 in a row but he would go out and make it his goal to try and put on exciting fights. It's almost as if people only care about their records.

I'm personally fine with Bantam Weight main event/co-main event fights. Those smaller guys may not hit like some of the heavier guys but they sure have one hell of a sick pace. Those Bantam Weight guys are like coked out humming birds with arms. With Heavy Weight fights there is a good chance that they will just clinch on the cage for the entire fight and do almost nothing at all, yea the HW's can put on some pretty badass fights but the chance for a lay n pray type fight is pretty damn high. The smaller guys may not have as good of a chance for a KO like the big guys but at least they stay active and keep up a crazy pace and constantly look for ways to finish the fight.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-07-22 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now for Shogun and Machida!

10+ Year Old Account
    Now for Shogun and Vera!
    Fixed

If Shogun beats Vera (which is expected) and if Machida beats Bader (which is expected) then I would really like to see a third match between them. Both of their fights were awesome and a third one would most likely deliver as well. Maybe make it a number one contender match.

Holy crap, I totally forgot Shogun vs. Vera and Machida vs. Bader are on the same card!
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-07-23 at 04:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mean that as in Shogun vs Mashina, but as in anxious for both their fights :P

Now for Shogun and Machida!
    Rua
    20 - 6 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw)
    Brandon Vera
    12 - 5 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw)
    Match Fighters
    11 Lyoto Machida

17 - 3 - 0
    vs Ryan Bader

14 - 2 - 0

10 Joe Lauzon

21 - 7 - 0
    vs Jamie Varner

20 - 6 - 1

8 Ben Rothwell

32 - 8 - 0
    vs Travis Browne

13 - 0 - 1

8 Josh Grispi

14 - 3 - 0
    vs Rani Yahya

16 - 7 - 0

7 Ulysses Gomez

9 - 2 - 0
    vs John Moraga

10 - 1 - 0

6 Nam Phan

17 - 10 - 0
    vs Cole Miller

18 - 6 - 0

5 Mike Swick

14 - 4 - 0
    vs DaMarques Johnson

15 - 10 - 0

4 Matt Mitrione

5 - 1 - 0
    vs Rob Broughton

15 - 7 - 1

3 Philip De Fries

8 - 1 - 0
    vs Oli Thompson

9 - 3 - 0

2 Michihiro Omigawa

13 - 11 - 1
    vs Manny Gamburyan

11 - 7 - 0

1 Phil Davis

9 - 1 - 0
    vs Wagner Prado

8 - 0 - 0 its actually quite a good cardc has be alot better then baro vs faber thats for sure that card was horrible

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Holy crap, I totally forgot Shogun vs. Vera and Machida vs. Bader are on the same card!
    Its gonna be free too Shogun was really impressive in his last fight (most blood ive seen since the early days), a shame he cant get a rematch while he's hot. I still think that was a blow to the back of the head since its behind his ear.

Really wish they would show the undercard on fox as well, not like what they are gonna show is remotely watchable. The phil davis fight is one id put on the main card. His only loss is to evans and he was/is still green. He is going to comeout a monster im thinking.

Still not sure about the silva fight, something pushed chaels head back before the knee landed. Looks like the knee hit his left elbow causing the pushback, still not real clear from that angel, since his arm is in the way of his face. I watched the fight again last night and they had the perfect angel (from up top) but switched it to the side view (your gif shows) before the knee.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-07-24 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the Rua vs Henderson fight again. That was one hell of a beating. A balanced 4th round, but a 5th for Rua, but in the end he took too many right hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Former UFC champ Frank Mir books Strikeforce fight vs. Daniel Cormier

I am very excited for this fight. Interesting matchup and it's really cool to see a UFC fighter crossover to Strikeforce for a fight. I think Cormier TKO's Mir.