Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    what ever happened to the PvP map they had with the dragon as a secondary mechanic or the vertical one they said we were going to see. wtb!
    well I'm sure they are working on a few maps and release those which are ready.

Mif don't bother with the mods on the trolls issue.

they never get infracted.. but if you say something about the trolls you get infracted.

I gave up on it long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random GW2 thought today: best thing about the pvp in GW2 is that, say you run into a small 2v2 early on in the sPvP match, and realize that you need different utilities/traits to beat them, you can easily adjust your build. You may not be able to re-allocate points, but you can pick different utilities and traits for the rematch before heading back to the capture point, and even different weapons. PvP in GW2 will be so much more variable as a result.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Random GW2 thought today: best thing about the pvp in GW2 is that, say you run into a small 2v2 early on in the sPvP match, and realize that you need different utilities/traits to beat them, you can easily adjust your build. You may not be able to re-allocate points, but you can pick different utilities and traits for the rematch before heading back to the capture point, and even different weapons. PvP in GW2 will be so much more variable as a result.
    only in Hot-Join and only until they have enough data on the issue after release to decide how they should add the limits (weapons only? weapons and utilities? major traits only? etc). Tournaments will have all weapons and utilities locked once the match starts.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    On my mesmer i only ever changed 1 ability, and that was decoy/Null Field, Null Field was to take out guardians easier, Decoy was for the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some guides from Ten Ton Hammer;
    GUILD WARS 2

The Complete Ranger Pet Guide Portal
    http://guildwars2hub.com/guides/professions/ranger/pets

Whether you're looking for details on where to charm a blue jellyfish, the attributes for the white moa, or anything in between, we've got you covered with a complete guide for every animal companion currently available for Rangers in Guild Wars 2.

Boons Guide
    http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/boons-guide

In this guide, we have broken down all the Boons in Guild Wars 2 and provided you with insight into each one and their functionality in game.

Intro Guide to Karma and the Renown System
    http://guildwars2hub.com/guides/basi...-renown-system

In this guide we examine the mechanics of the Renown System and the basics of earning and spending Karma in Guild Wars 2.

From the Editor's Lab - Volume Two
    http://guildwars2hub.com/features/ed...lab-volume-two

In the second volume of From the Editor's Lab, Sardu introduces the newest additions to the GW2Hub writing team, hints at the first details for the Fan Site Fight Club, and much more!

Guide to Earning XP
    http://gw2hub.com/guides/basics/guide-earning-xp

Getting your character all the way from level one to eighty requires a lot of time, work, and, of course, experience. However, Guild Wars 2 allows you to earn that xp in a lot of different ways, allowing you to more fully enjoy your own particular playstyle. Guild Wars 2 Hub offers you this guide detailing the varied ways of earning xp in Guild Wars 2.

Dolyak Delivery - 29 July 2012
    http://www.guildwars2hub.com/feature...y-29-july-2012

Bringing you the latest supply of news from the Guild Wars 2 community

Jaguars, Jellyfish, and Moas Oh My!
    http://guildwars2hub.com/features/co...and-moas-oh-my

For our latest Community Spotlight article, community member Sylvinstar is back with a detailed analysis of ranger pets based on extensive testing during the final beta weekend for Guild Wars 2.

Question about region restriction.

I live in Japan, but most of my friends who will be playing is living in Europe. How will this work out for me?
    Read somewhere that login servers are restricted, but you can play on any world from anywhere.

So, if I buy a EU copy, will I get screwed, or should I just go for US copy(since Japan is under NA list)?

Thanks beforehand!

For now, your best bet is to buy an NA copy but play with your friends on whatever server; until we know more (which we should before release) that's the most we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I was able to play with my friends in the EU on EU servers and vice versa in the betas. I have an NA copy and live in the US. It all worked wonderfully.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-07-31 at 12:54 AM.

What do you have to do to be able to play with friends on different servers?

Quote Originally Posted by bstap04 View Post
    Login.
    When staring at your characters, click on the "Server" button. There will be a pop-up with the servers list. One button next to each will say "Transfer" which will use gems and move all your characters to the new server. The other button says "Guest" which lets you temporarily log into that other server, play with any friends you have there, and the only thing you're missing is WvW and any benefits that would come from it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Login, select the appropriate shard from the world list. Nothing to it.

Takes about... 10 seconds?

Cool, thanks!
    Was trying to figure it out in-game and that darn join button didn't work D:

Cool, thanks!
    Was trying to figure it out in-game and that darn join button didn't work D:
    The guesting feature was disabled for the beta weekends, that was expected. But I'm glad we could help
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniAlice View Post
    Question about region restriction.

I live in Japan, but most of my friends who will be playing is living in Europe. How will this work out for me?
    Read somewhere that login servers are restricted, but you can play on any world from anywhere.

So, if I buy a EU copy, will I get screwed, or should I just go for US copy(since Japan is under NA list)?

Thanks beforehand!
    Buy ABSOLUTELY an NA account, then choose an european server. Don't buy an european account, or you will end up not able to log in. This is what we know today. As much some still keep to say "It's a rumor, will be fixed, Anet rule and take care of us"

Click my signature link of this forum for more in-depth
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-07-31 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    Buy ABSOLUTELY an NA account, then choose an european server. Don't buy an european account, or you will end up not able to log in. This is what we know today. As much some still keep to say "It's a rumor, will be fixed, Anet rule and take care of us"
    You do not know this. You need to stop claiming some higher knowledge about this.
    Even if Anet do turn around and confirm this there is no present confirmation.

He should absolutely buy a NA account. But leave all the other supposition you call fact out of it.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-07-31 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    You do not know this. You need to stop claiming some higher knowledge about this.

He should absolutely buy a NA account. But leave all the other supposition you call fact out of it.
    Thats no speculation. For the moment its confirmed by Anet that at the moment it works like that and will continue to work.
    They said so quite a few times. Sure, maybe in future theyll lift that but for the time being its just as Lucas said.

10+ Year Old Account

How many times i need to repeat they stated yet weeks ago "If you want to play outside europe, you will have to buy an NA account". Oh god.

It's the fix, the HOPE of some people of this forum (based just on faith, because someone on Anet wrote they understood it's a possible issue). As much we know, the "fix" can arrive after months, like never (except military personnel)
    They just promised to post the rules of the ip block , this doesn't means we will read how to fix it.
    Don't worry, an official POLL thread will pop soon on every gw2 forum, i'm just waiting an update on their blog

It's not higher knowledge, i'm just updated on the status of this issue, when most (like the guy who post this question) are still confused on the meaning of EU/NA account and server to play with
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-07-31 at 10:31 AM.

No, the crucial bit, saying you definitely will not be able to login, is not confirmed by ANet.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the crucial bit, saying you definitely will not be able to login, is not confirmed by ANet.
    Actually it was confirmed by Anet weeks ago. It's the issue and people complaining, who made them wrote later "We know it's an issue. We will take a look at it." Then they realized "Ah jeez it's just a matter of military personnel, oke , it will be fixed". They forgot the rest of customers with their damned personal reason to live outside europe but paid with their euroepan credit card with euros.
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-07-31 at 10:58 AM.