Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Wouldn't that be super special defensive :3
    Yes it would :3 I usually play around with three walls. Skarmory, Milotic (Special wall), Tyranitar (General wall, welp, not when there is a fighting type (But if they use a special attack then more fool them) and Metagross (Dual screens, dual winning. I don't use them all the time. I do most of the time though.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    Yes it would :3 I usually play around with three walls. Skarmory, Milotic (Special wall), Tyranitar (General wall, welp, not when there is a fighting type (But if they use a special attack then more fool them) and Metagross (Dual screens, dual winning. I don't use them all the time. I do most of the time though.
    Mother of God.... Is your player character named Tank by any chance? How many of your 'mons use stealth rock/toxic spikes?

Though... Sounds like a Heatran could wreck some damage though - granted it's probably the least favourite legendary - not counting the turd-elf trio from 4th gen.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Mother of God.... Is your player character named Tank by any chance? How many of your 'mons use stealth rock/the poison version?
    Oh, I usually use my Skarmory to set up spikes assuming it is not a sweeper using boosting moves, Tyranitar sets up stealth rock and my Skarmory has whirlwind. So yeah. Oh and my Milotic has the classic toxic/recover/surf/ice beam set. It never gets old. I don't have any Pokes that can use toxic spikes though

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I usually use my Skarmory to set up spikes assuming it is not a sweeper using boosting moves, Tyranitar sets up stealth rock and my Skarmory has whirlwind. So yeah. Oh and my Milotic has the classic toxic/recover/surf/ice beam set. It never gets old. I don't have any Pokes that can use toxic spikes though
    Oh god -_-'

I've always hated fighting Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes combos, but I also hate using them. I hate using moves which doesn't inflict direct damage.

I tend to play all out aggressive in playstyle, no stat boosters, just all out attacking. At most I'd have Recover for Starmie and Swords Dance for Sceptile. I do get some defensive Pokémon like Gigalith and Steelix though, but neither have Stealth Rock and I won't give them it. The only glass cannon I get is Starmie, and sometimes Sceptile, even though it's not that much of a glass cannon. Else I'll compose my team of big brutes which deal a lot of damage, like Electivire and Venusaur.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my ideal team having high attack / special attack and speed stats. I prefer being able to hit them fast and hard, with one or two Pokemon being capable of buffing the others, with a Ninjask doing the speed boosts so nothing will outspeed the guy he Baton Passes off to, or adding a metric ton of attack with utilizing Swords Dance. If I am going up against someone who can dish out the damage to him, I just substitute spam.

My team does partially rely on luck, because if I can get him to last long enough I can sweep an entire team with a single buffed to hell and back Lucario, Blaziken, or Arcanine.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Shell smash + baton pass = fun time sweeping teams with single poke

Also, hyper offence all the way (with exception if you have sableye with prankster)
    Last edited by Astralos; 2012-07-29 at 05:01 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I've always hated fighting Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes combos, but I also hate using them. I hate using moves which doesn't inflict direct damage.

I tend to play all out aggressive in playstyle, no stat boosters, just all out attacking. At most I'd have Recover for Starmie and Swords Dance for Sceptile. I do get some defensive Pokémon like Gigalith and Steelix though, but neither have Stealth Rock and I won't give them it. The only glass cannon I get is Starmie, and sometimes Sceptile, even though it's not that much of a glass cannon. Else I'll compose my team of big brutes which deal a lot of damage, like Electivire and Venusaur.
    I feel the exact same. I loathe the indirect damage moves and status-inflicting ones. I have nothing against an attack which does both damage and something else, like say Crunch, Flamethrower, Water Pulse or Sludge Bomb. And I rarely use stat boosters as well, besides the ones like Dragon Dance or Calm Mind.

Deleted
    My boyfriend and I have recently started playing diamond and pearl together, although i've played red/blue/yellow/gold/ruby/platinum/black before, i've never completed any of them due to failing at the Elite Four I never really got the hang of pokemons weaknesses and strengths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raenboe View Post
    My boyfriend and I have recently started playing diamond and pearl together, although i've played red/blue/yellow/gold/ruby/platinum/black before, i've never completed any of them due to failing at the Elite Four I never really got the hang of pokemons weaknesses and strengths.
    If you started when you were little this never would have happened. I know all the pokemon (not by number though) and the base stats, oh and type, obviously. Just play it non-stop for a week, you'll get the hang of it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    How does one fail at the Elite Four in Black? They are all level 45+, you recieve full restores and max revives and the trainers only use four pokemon each... Heck you even *get* a legendary dragon to help, it's designed to be a walk in the park, just like the one in Silver/Gold. As for the weaknessess and strengths - if you've played every gen you should have a clue, otherwise the manual comes with a little list of how it works - well and some is obvious really, like fire burns grass and water douses fire etc.

Deleted
    How does one fail at the Elite Four in Black? They are all level 45+, you recieve full restores and max revives and the trainers only use four pokemon each... Heck you even *get* a legendary dragon to help, it's designed to be a walk in the park, just like the one in Silver/Gold. As for the weaknessess and strengths - if you've played every gen you should have a clue, otherwise the manual comes with a little list of how it works - well and some is obvious really, like fire burns grass and water douses fire etc.
    In all honesty I was one of those people who just levelled up one main pokemon to really high and never bothered with keeping others at the same level. So i'd have one extremely OP pokemon and the rest would fall like flies. I understand the basic basics of water>lightning etc etc, I just get confused with flying pokemon and steel pokemon etc it just doesn't always seem that realistic.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty I was one of those people who just levelled up one main pokemon to really high and never bothered with keeping others at the same level. So i'd have one extremely OP pokemon and the rest would fall like flies. I understand the basic basics of water>lightning etc etc, I just get confused with flying pokemon and steel pokemon etc it just doesn't always seem that realistic.
    You play like I do really, just one immensely powerful starter - which is all you need really (just bring revives and full restores and full heals should shit hit the fan). You end up 20+ levels above anyone else really, Elite Four as well - especially in Black/White where you are given a Lucky Egg half way through which makes it all that much easier. That'll easily get you a level 75 starter by the time you reach the League and fight N - which is so absurdly overpowered - but hey it works!

Flying eats Bugs and pecks away at Fighting.
    Steel crushes rock and ice.

Nah it's not all entirely logic - but most of it is, but here http://www.serebii.net/games/type.shtml
    Last edited by Venziir; 2012-07-29 at 09:31 PM.

shiny Gravelar appeared, Gravelar used selfdestruct
    /cry
    Yeah, I just came back from the spirit world, and I have an important message from a certain horse...it would like for you not to keep beating

Quote Originally Posted by Goronfighter View Post
    shiny Gravelar appeared, Gravelar used selfdestruct
    /cry
    That makes me wonder, if it's happened to me in game I don't remember, does sturdy work for self destruct?

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    That makes me wonder, if it's happened to me in game I don't remember, does sturdy work for self destruct?
    Nope it doesn't

I'm playing through Soul Silver again, I like my Krabby but his move pool is meh, Anyone know an alternative water pokemon for me?
    Yeah, I just came back from the spirit world, and I have an important message from a certain horse...it would like for you not to keep beating

I'm playing through Soul Silver again, I like my Krabby but his move pool is meh, Anyone know an alternative water pokemon for me?
    If you wait until friday, you can catch a Lapras in the union cave. Lapras can have quite a varying move pool through TM's, and of course that all important confuse ray.

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    By the way, what do you guys prefer in your team? Do you prefer to go for your favorites in terms of looks, do you prefer to have the most versatile in terms of types, or just the most powerful ones you can get?
    I'm kinda mixed. I usually have 1 or 2 with potential for future evolution (I'm breeding for shiny Meditite/Medicham, though I think it will never get a evo) and most of the time I go for the looks, though stats are also important. Sometimes I only had those with 3 evolutions but those times are over.