Page 4 of 236 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    It wanst revolutionary as it hasnt changed the face of gaming, untill it does its just a different thing they are doing.
    The Wii did change gaming though, it brought motion controls around as a serious thing. The problem is that Sony has had minimal support for the Move/developers haven't taken very much advantage of it, and the Kinect has AMAZING potential but has yet to turn out any good core games, just dancing games.

Based on leaked info, we know Microsoft wants to make the Kinect more of a core feature of the next gen Xbox. That's a pretty big step forward. That and the number of good games that take advantage of motion controls on the Wii, it's definitely had a big impact.

Wii U already is having an impact (as I said, Smart Glass), and it's not even out yet.

i'm not.

i bought a wii for my kids, but my kids are nancies and need to get outside more. they can play the wii or go play hide and seek and i kind of hope they had rather play hide and seek. they're just not gonna be able to keep up with me during the zombie apocalypse if they don't get in better shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Well yeah. I've got every single Nintendo console and portable/handheld, so I'll continue the trend. :P It's lookin' to be a good system too.

Because graphics don't make a game?

Gameplay >>>>>>> Graphics

I'd take NES over 360/PS3 any day, due to having epic games.
    Where did I say ANYTHING about graphics OR gameplay?

I'm with lazymangaka on this one.

The only breaks from my PC that I take is for mostly Nintendo-related stuff. I'm restricted to the Xbox 360 when it comes to my fighting games, which is the only reason I own one. What's funny is that one of my favorite fighting games of this generation is actually on the Wii, which is Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. Unfortunately, that is also the reason why it didn't do very well in the USA (though it was crazy popular in Japan).

There is something that truly puzzles me about the Wii U though. I've always been a die-hard fan of Nintendo games, and they've always helped push sales of consoles to somewhat stable sales initially. I find myself not even concerned with their games for the Wii U. I know they are going to be fantastic. I can't stop thinking about how third-party companies can use the controller. ZombieU has blown my fucking mind. Ghost Recon: Online has as well. IT'S EVEN FUNNIER THAT IT'S UBISOFT. I've had a hateful grudge against Ubisoft for years because of their PC DRM shenanigans.

I'm so...confused...excited...anxious...about how much potential the Wii U has, but how it could be squandered very easily.

I'm still getting one the day it launches =D
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    While the Wii being a dissapointment for me i will still buy the Wii U because I just love games from Mario, Zelda, Kirby and Pokemon.

I will get it once the first price drop happens as money is tight and I want a few games coming out this fall instead with the new pokemon coming out being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Well it did change the face of gaming, both Sony and Microsoft attempted to copy them in some way, the Wii was also by far the best selling of the current generation of consoles, doing something completely new, risky and out of the box, and it has shaped the future of console gaming.

So the Wii was revolutionary, in my eyes. But the Wii U is not.
    Of the 3 technology the kinect is by far the most advanced and has the most potential but all in all i dont support any of the motion shit.

I hated the Wii so I'm going to have to see some damn good games to make me want a Wii-U :/

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    The Wii did change gaming though, it brought motion controls around as a serious thing. The problem is that Sony has had minimal support for the Move/developers haven't taken very much advantage of it, and the Kinect has AMAZING potential but has yet to turn out any good core games, just dancing games.

Based on leaked info, we know Microsoft wants to make the Kinect more of a core feature of the next gen Xbox. That's a pretty big step forward. That and the number of good games that take advantage of motion controls on the Wii, it's definitely had a big impact.

Wii U already is having an impact (as I said, Smart Glass), and it's not even out yet.
    Stop grouping the kinect with nintendos motion controls, THe kinect is far better system at tracking movement and utilizing alternative inputs. If MS gave the kind of shit that nintendo does about it i have no doubt they would push it past what nintendo has done with thier motion controlls, But the thing is they dont focus only on it they make it optional somthing nintendo is not doing.

So far no. Sure there might be some of the good old titles like Zelda and such, but right now I'm just not really too excited for the console. The concept isn't doing it for me and so far no games I really care about. So if anything I'm likely gonna wait for a while till I have more money and there are more games.

Literally the only games I enjoyed from the Wii were the little sports title that came with it for the novelty and Mario Kart. However, I had such a great time on Mario Kart that I may end up buying the U just for the new one that inevitably comes out for it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    On the whole "graphics war", both Sony and Microsoft have said that we shouldn't expect a huge jump in graphical capabilities like we have seen before. It will be better, yes, but not drastically. So while Wii definitely fell behind PS3 and XBOX360, the gap will not be as large between WiiU and PS4/XBOX(something)

OT: Yes, I will get the WiiU, I hope that the console will turn the tide in Nintendo's favor since more 3rd party developers seem interested in making games to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

I am a little shocked at the Nintendo love here lol, The Wii is a truly dire machine, outdated before it even released, destroyer of many good license that would have fared much better on ....well anything else really.

The Wii U is just another faddy machine with the same old tired games being re released as Nintendo loves to do, I am truly suprised the Wii lasted as long as it did and with the prices they want for the Wii U and peripherals I will be amazed if this iteration lasts half as long.

10+ Year Old Account
    The graphics argument is stupid. we have no evidence as to how powerful the Wii U is. There are reports it's as powerful as a PS3/360 and there are reports it's 50% more powerful. All we know about the console is that Nintendo will be making games for it. For me that's sold it. Nintendo are by far my favourite developer and own the majority of my favourite gaming franchises. All I hope is that Nintendo bring out a new IP early on in the console's lifespan. A true new IP too, developed by Nintendo themselves.

Also ZombiU looks fooking awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in terms of graphic. There's not much you can do once you've hit your human limitation. Try as much as you like but developer's artist / designer and model makers can't go past a certain point because it's impossible or it would just take way too long. Graphics afterwards would consist a lot of fluff later on. Even if you want to increase the polygon density / texture, after a certain point, you can't notice the difference no matter how you try to look at it, which happens quite a bit now. So why bother going past it? It's just wasting time.

So like stated, graphics can only be pursued to a certain point before it just becomes pointless. Debating what the graphics will look like for newer generation consoles is pointless.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-07-30 at 12:01 AM.

Wii currently is producing shit games and the Wii U requires you to look at another screen which is 2d. There is really no other feature besides that and it will be lost anyway just like games now which have no to little interaction with "moving"

Nintendo has gone horrible after gamecube.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    That's a bad thing?
    Depends if you prefer 2d or not. Though interaction with the actual game is probably minimal with the wiiu remote, its like a blind fold thing other players can't see but thats where it ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Wii currently is producing shit games and the Wii U requires you to look at another screen which is 2d. There is really no other feature besides that and it will be lost anyway just like games now which have no to little interaction with "moving"

Nintendo has gone horrible after gamecube.
    Looking at Zombii U or however it's spelled. Looking at another screen gives a bit more of a sense of realism when you want to loot something. It gives a sensation where you look at your loot target, and yet you can look up and check if something is around while still looting, as opposed to being forced with a UI pop up or just a normal 'loot' which is just pick up with no user interaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Yep, but it depends on the launch games if I will buy it on day 1.

Sounds like they can't make up their mind on the direction they're going in. The new gamepad is a weird compromise between the "gimicky" but accessible Wii and a traditional controller. I think they need a more unified creative vision.

That said I'll pick one up when they're going for nothing in second hand stores just like all my consoles :P