Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Galaxy S3 :3

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I know it's probably an unpopular opinion, but I really like the iPhone 4S. My Dad has a Galaxy S (not sure of the number) and my Mum has an 4s. The 4s just seems so polished and everything you want to do can be done so easily. It just feels great. I've tried the Galaxy and it doesn't feel as good. I'd love some insight into why people think Samsung are better because I'm not brand loyale to anyone at the moment. ;P
    I've got an iPhone 4S myself which I prefer.

The Samsung has better hardware stats, but it's a phone, samsung having slightly better stats is not going to affect anything, at least for me it doesn't and I am pretty much the normal phone user.

People also love to hate on Apple, I actually hate apply myself, but I always get an iPhone, simply because imo it's the best looking phone lol I hate macs and I hate iPads.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am using SE Xperia x10i and I am greatly disappointed and won't purchase any of SE products again, I'll be buying Samsung as my next smart phone.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Im using a $20 phone I snagged from the pre-paid phone aisle. Go me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Im using a $20 phone I snagged from the pre-paid phone aisle. Go me.
    Same here, 15 € phone. It can call, it can text. Nice.
    I recently got a contract update and now have cheap internet, so I will probably buy some 150-200€ smartphone, just not feeling comfortable with 400-600€ in my pocket, and everything I want to do with it, a 200€ phone can do as well.
    Yet for certain activities I will definitely take the old one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasticpaddy View Post
    What pisses me off most about Apple products (apart from the vastly over-inflated pricing) is iTunes:
    I definitely agree with you about iTunes. However that reminded me of something. Do all Samsung phones need to convert video to be playable? I've tried dropping in an .avi but when I went to play it presented me with an error. I googled the issue and found that you need to use a converter to play video, which is the same problem, although nowhere near as important, that itunes presents.

I definitely agree with you about iTunes. However that reminded me of something. Do all Samsung phones need to convert video to be playable? I've tried dropping in an .avi but when I went to play it presented me with an error. I googled the issue and found that you need to use a converter to play video, which is the same problem, although nowhere near as important, that itunes presents.
    I havent tried it, but I think that there are apps that natively play such files.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could honestly put a pole up for this rofl...

iPhone 4 upgrade in september due fuck yeah, iPhone 5!
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Deleted
    Samsung Galaxy S3

15+ Year Old Account
    apple products in general are over priced, the little apple seems to bump the price up on anything its on, but then the new samsung is just as expensive if not more so.

however i get my phones for free on my contract, i've never had any problems with the apple phones, so i'll continue to use them as they fulfil all my needs =)

it doesn't really matter to me if its the best phone in the world, as long as it fulfils my requirements, which these days is texts, emails, internet, facebook app and a few silly games to pass the time on when i'm on the toilet =p

most phones tick the box for all that, so if i'm happy with what i've got why change =p

HTC Desire Z (Vision, G2). Covers my needs perfectly, so no reason to change atm, maybe HTC One X in the future tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    I am using SE Xperia x10i and I am greatly disappointed and won't purchase any of SE products again, I'll be buying Samsung as my next smart phone.
    That phone is 2 years old, I have heard quite a few different sources claim that their newer stuff got way better.
    My girlfriend has a xperia ray (other category than yours, though) and is quite content.

Deleted
    I have an iPhone 4S

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    If you want a iPhone 4s, just get the iPhone4, plug it in and update it, hey presto you have a 4s. The only difference is that its on a higher OS release out of the box.
    The 4S has a dual core 800 MHz CPU instead of a single core like its precursor, making it A LOT faster. The camera is a lot better (3264x2448 pixles up from 2584×1938), also the video camera on the 4S can record 1080p video while the iPhone 4 can only record 720p.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have two S3's (Technically, 2 contract for 2 S3's is in my name and I am paying but my GF is using one xD), an S2 (soon to be used for international calling only) and a 4S for work.

Deleted
    In Windows 7 64-bit when I drop a movie (usually wmv, avi, maybe MP4) from the computer onto the phone it asks me if I want to convert the video and I always say 'No'. The conversion seems native to Windows as I haven't installed any software for it.

I use a free app called 'MX Player' from the play store which plays every movie I have asked it to play. I have never had to install codecs etc separately.

I use MixZing free version from the play store which does a good job with my music.

Also, and so not to appear too biased, the Samsung Kies software which you can put on your PC to help manage your phone is also pretty bad if you want to achieve complicated things on it. The Nokia Ovi suite used to be pretty bad too as I remember. For backing-up contacts and keeping the Android software up to date it does a good job, but I found the software to manage videos, music etc was more hassle than just dragging the files (pictures, movies, music) around using windows explorer. I probably hook the phone up to Kies once every 6-months, otherwise I just use it like a USB stick.

Deleted
    Sincerily? I switched back to a Nokia 6300 a few weeks ago. Why? Damn, this phone is impossible to break, and still work well. About 4-5 days battery lifetime, etc.

samsung galaxy sII

used to have the iphone 3gs, but much prefer my samsung, which i only ended up getting as the iphone 4s queue was 45 mins long!!

dont think i'll ever go back to iphone tbh, loving my android.
    <insert witty signature here>

Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

iPhone 4, first phone I ever got, and I LOVE IT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Samsung Galaxy Ace, very impressed for the price and I love it.