Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

The PvP Power dilemma- resolved. Blizzard listened!

Thank you for adding pvp power to pvp weapons Blizzard. This change is huge and will make MoP PvP so much better!

Have a look: Malevolent Gladiator's Greatsword

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,
    today I posted a blog about the problems with pvp power and pvp weapons. Hope you care about this issue as well.

With the addon Mists of Pandaria a lot of hope has risen. The new stat PvP Power increases damage and healing done to players. The idea behind this is to make sure that PvP gear is better for PvP than PvE gear, while also work as solid PvE starting gear. But there is one problem.

PvP weapons do not have PvP Power on them. As PvP gear has a lower ilvl than PvE gear upgraded normal mode weapons have a higher ilvl than PvP Tier 2 weapons. Let's take a closer look at the numbers...

You can read the whole blog on the Arena Junkies page. I cannot post the link however.

arenajunkies.com /topic/226854-the-pvp-power-dilemma
    Last edited by mmocf619aa4158; 2012-08-11 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Blizzard listened

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was just coming to link this, hehe. Brilliant post, thank god for GW2 I'm so done with having to kill dragons to kill dragonslayers!

Hooray for Horizontal Gear Progression!!!

I was so excited for MoP too. =( Everything else looks amazing. =( But PvEvP is just not for me. =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    I was just coming to link this, hehe. Brilliant post, thank god for GW2 I'm so done with having to kill dragons to kill dragonslayers!

Hooray for Horizontal Gear Progression!!!

I was so excited for MoP too. =( Everything else looks amazing. =( But PvEvP is just not for me. =(
    Thanks!

By the way, if you would actually link it, this could help. I assume you have sufficient rights to link stuff from here. My Curse login somehow does not seem to work on MMO Champion, so I had to create a new account.

Deleted
    Was kinda funny how the gw2 video was "1-1-1-3-4-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1" and run around randomly

Deleted
    Thanks for posting the link Helltrixz! Can't even quote your post, as it contains a link.

Quote Originally Posted by baver View Post
    Was kinda funny how the gw2 video was "1-1-1-3-4-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1" and run around randomly
    Not really, he uses a lot more abilties. The difference to WoW is that you don't need 60 hotkey (as I have on my rogue and priest). It's more about timing, using skill-combos with other players and dodge important enemy spells. It's much less interface dependant, so the moves are often harder to see than in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people making theise decisions out there should have been fired 2 years ago, really...

No power on weapons is NOT a good idea.

Whenever I go into a raid I can't help but to take my gear off and troll them for 18 wipes. I haven't gotten any loot yet but considering this, it's kind of a nerf to PVErs.

and that's what blizz gets for forcing me to do this dragon slaying nonsense.

It's always been the case that PVE has gear spilt over to benefit you in PVP. It's just shitty like that. It's not required to heroic raid but it sure gives you an advantage. Look at Gurth, Rath, and Legendaries.

I suggest you post this on official wow forums so Blizzard can see, but even then I doubt they will do anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It's always been the case that PVE has gear spilt over to benefit you in PVP. It's just shitty like that. It's not required to heroic raid but it sure gives you an advantage. Look at Gurth, Rath, and Legendaries.

I suggest you post this on official wow forums so Blizzard can see, but even then I doubt they will do anything.
    I did that: eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5058405884

On the one hand, I think it makes sense that other aspects of the game would give you a slight edge in the entirety of the game. That's just how RPGs work in my mind.

But on the other hand, you get no advantage from PvP in PvE (aside from sharpened skills and reactions? I don't know, I'm reaching here). On top of that, Blizzard introduced PvP power to prevent PvE gear from being the best gear to use for PvP!

The truth to the matter is that WoW is a PvE game first and PvP second, no matter how much lip service they give to saying otherwise.

Deleted
    Yes, I can understand the PvE part, but for players with limited time hardmode raiding simply isn't an option. I was raid leader from Major Domo and Onyxia till Yogg-Saron and I used spread-sheets, optimized everything and played pretty well. But that time is over for me. I can occasionally attend a one evening raid, but a schedule for progression is not doable. This effectively eliminates my chances to compete in pvp unless I buy gear from PvE guilds, what I do not like at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/22...power-dilemma/

Tbh I think it's intended like this. Blizzard has been saying fuck you arena community for the past few years now and I think they just completely stopped caring about it somewhere mid cata (mmr bugs, no ladder reset, wintrading not banned, removed armory for arena, boosters not banned enough, legendaries, 4.3 cunning/vial, queue pops bugged, crossbg working like shit, 5.0 will fix rdruids etc.).

I can't bring myself to care for mop anymore and in my honest opinion it will be the worst expansion ever for arena.
    Mainly because Arena is terrible and is what had led to any and all PVP nerfs for "balance" sake. I wish Arena was never implemented, to me PVP is all about BG's and objective based PVP. To play against or on a FOTM team because certain classes are "OP" for a season is not my idea of fun.

As well, I am fairly certain that PVP power not being on weapons is currently a bug of some sort, PVP Power / Resil is necessary for PVP now, it wouldn't make sense to not have it when it is on everything else .

They are still tweaking PVP Power / Resil values, as with a 50% base resilience, PVP Power / Resil rating needs to convert to less actual resilience, otherwise people take no damage at all and healers are invincible.

Deleted
    well done blizzard, same sh*t in mop too. Rogues with pve & legendaries, mages with imba staffs, oversized ferals, and MM hunters with insane burst. I sick of these sh*t, I ll stay Enhancement even if I everyone kicks my a*s.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope this is a mistake. I play this game solely for PvP and I do not want to have to do PvE in order to gain an edge in PvP as well.

The thrill of going for a top weapon from an end boss just to use that weapon in pvp is the only part of me that wants pve weapons to remain superior.
    Is it bad for pvp ? yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimilijin View Post
    well done blizzard, same sh*t in mop too. Rogues with pve & legendaries, mages with imba staffs, oversized ferals, and MM hunters with insane burst. I sick of these sh*t, I ll stay Enhancement even if I everyone kicks my a*s.
    All blizzard need to do is give enchantment tornado kick and no one will ever beat you again! Period!

Keep in mind I can't read AJ from here.

PvP power on weapons would make them SUBSTANTIALLY better than pve weapons at pvp right?

How does this change anything? The only change I would like to see is a greater percentage of pvpers be able to get the good weapons. Restricting the good weapons to only pvp (which is what putting pvp power on them would do) is an unprecedented step. For the entirety of cata, the only exceptions to "pvp weapons @ 200 = hardmode raiding weapons" has been legendaries and the occasional weapon off of a boss who is tuned to be really hard. While I'd love to see pvp weapons have equal item levels to pve ones, putting pvp power on them essentially says that they would be better.

Now, most pvp items are a lower item level in mop than on live, with the extra statting, including pvp weapons, making a difference. To use an example, my 403 pvp becomes like 390, while my 410 and 416 pve remains exactly that- but I get the impression that my 390 pvp gear is still quite potent in pvp compared to the 410 gear at the very least.

Did the pvp weapons level down as well? For instance, if you have a 410 pvp weapon on live, does it become lower item level?

If yes, it definitely needs pvp power.
    If no, it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/22...power-dilemma/

Tbh I think it's intended like this. Blizzard has been saying fuck you arena community for the past few years now and I think they just completely stopped caring about it somewhere mid cata (mmr bugs, no ladder reset, wintrading not banned, removed armory for arena, boosters not banned enough, legendaries, 4.3 cunning/vial, queue pops bugged, crossbg working like shit, 5.0 will fix rdruids etc.).

I can't bring myself to care for mop anymore and in my honest opinion it will be the worst expansion ever for arena.
    Pretty much says it all. Even if pvp weapons have pvp power I am 100% sure they will find a way for arena to suck. IT will never be like s3 or s7 again which had its fair amount of bs as well but were the most balanced seasons of all.
    Last edited by Thatguyiscool; 2012-07-31 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Keep in mind I can't read AJ from here.

PvP power on weapons would make them SUBSTANTIALLY better than pve weapons at pvp right?

How does this change anything? The only change I would like to see is a greater percentage of pvpers be able to get the good weapons. Restricting the good weapons to only pvp (which is what putting pvp power on them would do) is an unprecedented step. For the entirety of cata, the only exceptions to "pvp weapons @ 200 = hardmode raiding weapons" has been legendaries and the occasional weapon off of a boss who is tuned to be really hard. While I'd love to see pvp weapons have equal item levels to pve ones, putting pvp power on them essentially says that they would be better.

Now, most pvp items are a lower item level in mop than on live, with the extra statting, including pvp weapons, making a difference. To use an example, my 403 pvp becomes like 390, while my 410 and 416 pve remains exactly that- but I get the impression that my 390 pvp gear is still quite potent in pvp compared to the 410 gear at the very least.

Did the pvp weapons level down as well? For instance, if you have a 410 pvp weapon on live, does it become lower item level?

If yes, it definitely needs pvp power.
    If no, it does not.
    You aren't making sense at all right there.

I'm fine with blizzard wanting to restrict pvp weapons from pve. Because that is exactly what they do by making them a lower itemlevel. However, why can it be that pve weapons are not restricted from pvp then? Where is the sense in that?

The pve items are plain and flat out BETTER than anything pvp can give you if they have no power on them. That should end the discussion and confusion right there.

Deleted
    I am no balance expert, which is why I usually talk to a player a lot better than me, before making statements in that regard, but I think with the current state of resilience the problem is not "overpowered pve weapons", but underpowered pvp weapons. If pvp power was on pvp weapons it would make them better (read: more damage/healing) than pve weapons. Which means it's not about the overpowered stuff from previous seasons, but rather weapons that are better than these, which is counteracted by the buffed resilience.