Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't know about Monks but I defended mage tower from an Affliction Lock and a Rogue and killed them both at the same time and not only once.

On live, about every single spell we use has some synergy with the whole kit, which makes the spec interesting to play. On beta, they've gone and chopped off every single bit of it. E.g. mindflay has lost four (!) of its utility mechanics.
    Aside from giving us a lot of little awesome things like ravens and lots of mobility, the feel of how shadow is played is completely destroyed. It looks the same, we do all the same, but it isn't the same. Like a monkey trying to copy a human. You do stuff, but you don't know why you do it.

Shadow changes are a major stepback from what used to be a good design. I'm offended by the changes and most likely rerolling to something interesting.
    Last edited by Celentes; 2012-08-01 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Rogues, Affliction locks, Monks?
    Hybrid classes are somewhat overpowered right now. They beefed up resilience a ton, currently you reduce 73% damage vs other players passively. The issue is that healing is incredibly powerful as well. So when you finally manage to deal a significant amount of damage, they're one heal away from having it all undone. So classes like boomkins, and shadow priests are dominating 1v1 play based on self-healing hots and casts alone.

I'd definitely expect changes before it goes live. Hopefully they tone down healing instead of resil, since I don't enjoy being brought down to around 50% by someone who opens with their CDs popped.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Celentes View Post
    On live, about every single spell we use has some synergy with the whole kit, which makes the spec interesting to play. On beta, they've gone and chopped off every single bit of it. E.g. mindflay has lost four (!) of its utility mechanics.
    Aside from giving us a lot of little awesome things like ravens and lots of mobility, the feel of how shadow is played is completely destroyed. It looks the same, we do all the same, but it isn't the same. Like a monkey trying to copy a human. You do stuff, but you don't know why you do it.

Shadow changes are a major stepback from what used to be a good design. I'm offended by the changes and most likely rerolling to something interesting.
    You are a minority in the Spriest community. Most are pleased with the changes...but just want PvE balancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    SPs are pretty much bottom Dps on Beta...
    Some class has to be.. They can't all be #1
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Some class has to be.. They can't all be #1
    All depends on how far from the top you are, if it is close enough that you can do more dps than others if you're more skilled then yes its fine but if a class is so faceroll easy and high dps its not fine.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeajay View Post
    You are a minority in the Spriest community. Most are pleased with the changes...but just want PvE balancing.
    With mindbender and ToF beeing our best DPS tallents, the rotation becomes very boring. (only 2 DoTs (SW:P, VT), 2CDs (Mbe,MB), 1Finisher (DP) and 1 Execute (SW) and of cause MF as filler without ANY variability... it's allways the same. I played arround a little bit on beta and can't see anything that makes Shadow hard to play right now. Just give someone your priority list and he could play Shadow at a really good level. Theres just nothing you have to look for, no buffs to watch, no CDs to track...only shadoworbs and they are like: Somewhere between the third and fourth MB you have to press this button, just do it if you don't have to refresh dots).
    I am still hoping to miss something, so feel free to disagree.

I was thinking of taking FDCL even if it is a DPS loss, because it gives me something interesting to do, that can't be planed 15 secs ahead. That said, Shadow is indeed becoming a lot less complex.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    As an end game raider and with my extensive raid testing on the beta, Shadow is severely lacking and more RNG than it was before. Our biggest damage by a huge margin is Mind Flay (26-30 percent of our total damage on a single target fight) and SW: P combined with VT is 31%ish . Logs are showing 2 of each spell and I can't figure out how it all works in WoLs.
    http://imgur.com/Yjky6
    http://i.imgur.com/3Gah3

So Shadow has always been a dot class and I wouldn't really think Mind Flay should be that big of a percentage of our DPS. When I see the Affliction break down and play affliction that feels like the Shadow I know and love. The biggest issue is we don't have any type of DPS cooldown so on fights where burst dps is required we will be camping with 3 orbs to use Devouring Plague but it doesn't do enough damage with the most recent nerf to warrant holding it since we need it to keep our DPS sustained due to the amount of damage it does.
    Last edited by Slyck; 2012-08-01 at 08:36 AM.

Deleted
    @Slyck what the hell is RNG about shadows care to explain ? With the nerf to DI and due to Mindbender beeing better than Fdcl the shdaow playstile is absolutly linear no RNG at all

From what I noticed our SP was consistently on top spots, doing pretty good on single and multi target. It seemed about on par with demo and only below moonkin. Not ele shaman in raid - I heard they are more op .

It seems the only slightly above specs atm are moonkin, demo lock, SP, possibly ret. Rest is just a big clump with some specs really bad.

Deleted
    Actually when mind blast and DP play such a huge role on our dmg, DI becomes pretty big rng factor. I´ve been having pretty big variation on procs between pulls that have lasted the same duration. So yeah, it some times feels far worse rng wise then in cata. As you´re dps can change pretty drastic between tries. Linear here doesn´t mean there wouldn´t be rng, it means that you dont have decision to make. You will always cast mind blast when it´s up and DP when 3 orbs, it´s just random how many times in a pull you can do that.

DPS wise shadow is bottom of the stack on pure single target, numbers are actually pretty harsh in that. It gets decent if there is more targets to roll sw:p on. But for example on Protectors of the Endless that sw:p dmg is totally meaningless you only do it to gain more mind blast procs. So you need to read the actual logs and not just check overall dmg.
    Last edited by mmoc02b48d0d8b; 2012-08-01 at 09:58 AM.

Deleted
    That´s right the only problem is that on any non multi target fight you won´t have DI and with that you will have no RNG at all

Deleted
    At least I did far better with DI on pretty much every boss, since there aint that many static patchwerk / ultraxion fights most are either lightmovement or heavy movement fights. But if you only wanna talk about pure stand still single then ok. It´s just liner with no RNG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyck View Post
    Logs are showing 2 of each spell and I can't figure out how it all works in WoLs.
    This could be the mastery proccing. I'm not sure if it does affect mind flay. Though on live MF is buffed by Empowering Shadow because it is classed as a dot. I haven't tested if its the same case on BETA.

My speculation is that most people who are really excited with these changes are either healing priests who sometimes play shadow as offspec or people who find the current model too complicated / never played shadow before. I see a lot of accomplished spriests who agree with me in one way or another. Although, it's entirely possible it still makes us minority, and not being a loyal oldschool shadowpriest I'd rather play something that doesn't go backwards in game design.

The lack of ramp up is good. They are throttling our multidot damage so weak dots are to be expected. As long as they have high DPET, they are doing their job.

Personally, I liked having to manage a bunch of different buffs on myself. I will miss that. Also, I will miss having AA. Power Infusion just isn't the same - no wings (DP wings just don't count), and you'll be constantly harassed for not giving out your only DPS cooldown to the rest of the raid. "Why didn't you give me PI?" "Why isn't the Mage expected to give me Arcane Power?"

The whole MB for orbs and then a finisher DP feels weird to me too. I liked having a little random burst from orb procs and having a big smack from MB be part of my rotation.

I'm also not really interested in being turned into Procasaurus Rex by all the new talents.

We'll see. Shadow is definitely one of the best specs on live. As long as they buff Shadow's single target damage I won't mind the multidot nerfs. I remember being mad at the Cata changes too so I figure I'll end up liking the MoP version in the end.

Looking forward to healing myself in Shadowform in PVP.

Dark Archangel - such a cool idea that really fit the Shadow Priest theme so well - sigh, you will be missed. Also, 4pct13 with MS and AA.
    Last edited by Felade; 2012-08-01 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    I'm also not really interested in being turned into Procasaurus Rex by all the new talents.
    made my day

I don't understand the complaints about the static-ness of the spec, particularly on single target.

Right now, if you aren't MB'ing on cooldown, you're doing it wrong. There's no waiting for orbs. It's been like that for the entire expansion.

4pcT13 is a special case - before that, you also popped AA/SF on cooldown. Everything done on cooldown. Refresh on last tick. The only variable was the amount of damage you did, based on whether you got orbs or not. Some of the complaints I hear about shadow just don't make any sense.

I've played shadow in T11 and T13, and I've become very comfortable (and good) with it. Trust me, I understand - change is scary. I think we need to wait, at this point, for the rest of the tuning changes (elemental shamans) and how actual fights work out.

Deleted
    I would like to have the mb cd scaling with haste again 8sec is just to damn long