Does anyone know if the Cardinals vs Saints game this weekend will be shown on NFL.com?

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I don't want to put him in half way through his career. If he continues his career, has moderate success without winning another Super Bowl,, and continues putting up great numbers, sure he is a Hall member.

Super, I turn it on ESPN and they are apparently having a special first take solely about Tim Tebow's impact in New York. I wish they were doing Hard Knocks again. Half the reports are that Tebow is improving quite a lot as a passer. The other half of the reports say he can't throw the damn ball to save his life. Sanchez isn't doing much better in camp. Tom House says Tebow has drastically improved on his ability to throw and make adjustments and he is a pretty big deal. Looking forward to Jet drama after about week one of preseason when Sanchez starts, looks bad/mediocre, then Tebow comes in and blows up the second string and people start going nuts.
    I agree with you on the E.Manning stuff. Too early to really say if he plays a full career.

This Jets drama is just great to me. All I need now is to hear Rex Ryan talk about going all the way this year and this season is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomaty View Post
    Does anyone know if the Cardinals vs Saints game this weekend will be shown on NFL.com?
    Its on the NFL network, so it should be. Cant tell you how good that coverage will be though.

Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    stats are for losers when it comes to winning super bowls and winning them in style.
    Winning Super Bowls you say? Stats are for losers you say?

When are we giving Trent Dilfer his invite?

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was the 49'ers and Saints?
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post

Or, you know, kick Dan Marino out. But this discussion has been done to death, so there's really no need to continue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post

Or:
    Ken Stabler
    Jim Plunkett Two Super Bowls, one Super Bowl MVP, plus he was the first minority QB to win the SB, but he was pretty terrible and had a short career
    Joe Theismann
    Jim McMahon
    Phil Simms
    Doug Williams
    Jeff Hostetler
    Mark Rypien

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 10:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Nope Cards and Saints.

Or:
    Ken Stabler
    Jim Plunkett Two Super Bowls, one Super Bowl MVP, plus he was the first minority QB to win the SB, but he was pretty terrible and had a short career
    Joe Theismann
    Jim McMahon
    Phil Simms
    Doug Williams
    Jeff Hostetler
    Mark Rypien
    To be fair, of that list, Simms and Stabler were borderline cases. Theismann could have gotten in if he hadn't gotten hurt. He was really good before that unfortunate injury ended his career.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    To be fair, of that list, Simms and Stabler were borderline cases. Theismann could have gotten in if he hadn't gotten hurt. He was really good before that unfortunate injury ended his career.
    Ya absolutely none of those guys deserve a spot lol. Maybe Plunkett for contributions as a minority, but that is about it.

Nobody is really saying when Eli retires he wont be HOF, that wasnt ESPNs argument. Its the right now hes in argument which is absurd. I think what is really sad about this whole thing is the emphasis on multiple super bowls like that is the do-all end-all about your career. I mean Ben Roethlisberger was absolutely pathetic in his first super bowl but are we gonna give him credit for that? Especially after the Seahawks got jobbed by the refs. I dont believe anything is as simple as "You win 2 your in". The whole body of work is important and how dominant you were THROUGHOUT your career I think should be. Like Peyton, Brady, and Brees caused a total reign of terror for years where teams would get absolutely torched when they played them, and still do to this day (well Peyton is up in the air on how he will be) Now its Rodgers ripping teams apart piece by piece. That is stuff that I think is relevant, its not only about stats... although they help. Its about pure dominance in your era.

McNabb was borderline because he was a really good QB for years and years and at times was considered one of the top 3 and despite not winning a Super Bowl was pretty successful in his career. You dont make the playoffs that much if you arent really good
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-08-04 at 09:00 AM.

ESPN is just going to be sensationalist. Talking about HOF entry for a QB that's just barely past his halfway mark in the league is ridiculous, even if there are two superbowl wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali
    Its on the NFL network, so it should be. Cant tell you how good that coverage will be though.
    Normally the NFLN coverage is pretty good I think. I really want to see this game, Cardinals and Saints are two of my favorite teams and I don't want to miss it. But I just found out that I am going out of town Sunday morning.. So if I can stream it through NFL.com that would be awesome since I may not get to watch it on TV.

As somebody who has had basic cable, I normally miss all of the Saints games, which sucks badly.. If I am able to watch it at my Grandpa's, who I believe has DISH, do you need to have the NFL Network channel to be able to watch it?

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Nope, it is the Cardinals and Saints

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally the NFLN coverage is pretty good I think. I really want to see this game, Cardinals and Saints are two of my favorite teams and I don't want to miss it. But I just found out that I am going out of town Sunday morning.. So if I can stream it through NFL.com that would be awesome since I may not get to watch it on TV.

As somebody who has had basic cable, I normally miss all of the Saints games, which sucks badly.. If I am able to watch it at my Grandpa's, who I believe has DISH, do you need to have the NFL Network channel to be able to watch it?
    The channel has good coverage, online the last time I tried to watch it they'd show like 10 mins of play, then cut to a studio broadcast or something for a while. Was lame.

I don't know about dish, but for directv you get the NFL network without having to sub or w/e. This year I have sunday ticket though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    The channel has good coverage, online the last time I tried to watch it they'd show like 10 mins of play, then cut to a studio broadcast or something for a while. Was lame.

I don't know about dish, but for directv you get the NFL network without having to sub or w/e. This year I have sunday ticket though.
    Well I just hope it will be on, two of my favorite teams against each other, I hope I don't miss it

10+ Year Old Account
    One month to the day until the first regular season game. Apparently, the first week has games on Wednesday all the way through to Sunday.

On a sadder note, Andy Reid's oldest son Garrett died at the age of 29. Cause of death has not been determined, but no suspicious activity. May be drug related as he had past issues. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/A...ng-camp-080512

Wow its really that close? Wouldnt that mean preseason is starting in like a week

15+ Year Old Account
    Dunno bout other games, but the first Chiefs preason game is Friday the 10th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Kolb already hurt. Sounds like it was ribs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Wow. Kolb already hurt. Sounds like it was ribs.
    I totally forgot the game was on tonight. Kolb being hurt already is hilarious. He was not a good investment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally forgot the game was on tonight. Kolb being hurt already is hilarious. He was not a good investment.
    Yeah. Wasn't even that far into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daniel looked like he benefited from the extra reps without Brees until that pick

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Wow its really that close? Wouldnt that mean preseason is starting in like a week
    Preseason officially starts Thursday, tonight was the Hall of Fame game. The regular season starts on a Wednesday, which is weird.