Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Gotta remember that it's also our stealth move, and our self-heal. If you blow it to remove conditions, you can't use it to heal or to stealth for 30 seconds.

Multi-purpose skills rarely work out so well as we'd like to think. Learned that the hard way from playing an Enhancement Shaman over the years.
    Idk about you drake... But when I normally poppe shadows refuge at a time that was beneficial for taking adamtage of all 3 of those.... And my build was a REAL stealth build so I had plenty f other ways to slip into the shadows again in that period of time xD
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    could anyone tell me if as thief you usually play melee in pvp or not? i dont really like playing with pistols

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostmer View Post
    could anyone tell me if as thief you usually play melee in pvp or not? i dont really like playing with pistols
    -I- used a short bow almost entirerly in pvp but used daggers for escapes and that sort of thing, however just about eery thief I ever came accross was Melee so it clearly is viable....
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Melee is abit of a sub par build to go at the moment, due to the squishiness of a thief.

The ranged builds are currently better but the only real good one is based around Shortbow with Pistol/Dagger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Melee is abit of a sub par build to go at the moment, due to the squishiness of a thief.

The ranged builds are currently better but the only real good one is based around Shortbow with Pistol/Dagger.
    Thieves actually do really well in Melee due to their elusiveness.... You guys evade on quite a few of your attacks, not to mention you can stealth and run away if you think the fight is going south, you can shadow step away from things even when rooted down, etc etc etc. thieves may be squishy but when plate right you're one of THE most survivable profs (kinda like mes)

10+ Year Old Account
    Melee isn't really sub-par if you know how to survive in melee. It's not just dodging and #6.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I find melee to be more fun. Only thing I had an issue with was the constant respawns in some of the areas. If they toned that down a bit I'd be a happy camper on my Thief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I find melee to be more fun. Only thing I had an issue with was the constant respawns in some of the areas. If they toned that down a bit I'd be a happy camper on my Thief.
    Very much agree with that. Even on the Scholar professions I've found myself gravitating towards melee weapons - 5 years of being an Enhancement Shaman, it's in my blood now.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I had a blast with thief on bwe3, bwe1-2 I played warrior only. It's going to be a tough call picking what I want to play more, my warrior, or my thief - same with my necro, or my ele...

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    I had a blast with thief on bwe3, bwe1-2 I played warrior only. It's going to be a tough call picking what I want to play more, my warrior, or my thief - same with my necro, or my ele...
    Heh, I feel the same way. I'm having trouble picking a profession (eventually all of them). I pretty much decided on ranger first but thief is up there as well. Only profession that I'm not really enthused about is the Mesmer.

Have to say, after playing Thief for one beta + half of stress test, he ( or I should say she) is my favorite to play...

After a little touch of leveling and discovering PvP, it was blast. Played as dagger+dagger stealth thief with little crit + mobility build with second weapons as pistol/pistol (will experiment with short bow on live), was feeling just about right, if not little OP. Two gap closer ( steal+shadowstep), anti heal with poison, ranged snare and +25% speed with blind on active, it was sooo goood...

One thing that was little off for me was killing speed. Agains person, that was learning a class, you killed him in 10 sec with no damage receive ->opening with poison + dancing blade, followed with cloak and dagger and backstab, u have taken about half of his HP. Few hit with melee (waiting for debuff to fall) and another CaD or self heal and he was close to dead, then few leaps and bye bye... If he started running away, swap weapons and unload...

Next thing that hit me was zero stun on thief (basilisk poison dont count - 1 sec stun + elite slot )
    Last edited by Matlafous; 2012-08-05 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Mellee/melee

I've already picked what I like, the names, races, professions. The real dilemma is which to make my main. Right now I am stuck with, in order:

Warrior=Ele=Thief > necro > engineer.

As someone who could careless for alts in any other game I played, I have know idea WTF to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys heres the build im going to be running i would love some feed back on it please and thankyou.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul...0.0.30.30.10.0

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still VERY much annoyed that initiative is shared between weapons, no matter which weapons are equipped...

Gotta agree, kind of lowers the value of a weapon swap on Thieves a bit. Some weapons it wouldn't be too bad but, the ones like Double Pistol + Double Pistol would just be terrible if they had separate initiative.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    They could easily have initiative shared between weapons. They do this with cooldowns on other professions.

I'm still VERY much annoyed that initiative is shared between weapons, no matter which weapons are equipped...
    That would be so op, are burst would be through the roof and we would be able to control player almost forever by spaming blinds and dazes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    That would be so op, are burst would be through the roof and we would be able to control player almost forever by spaming blinds and dazes...
    It wouldn't be any more OP than what other professions are capable of with two weapon sets.

I was doing my last 2 skill points with thief in norn area I was level 26 and came across these harpies, that were pretty much 2 shotting me, I had extremly hard time beating them and I could not take more than 1 on at a time. It noticeably became harder than in starter areas... but I also didn't spec right I think - went with power precision, shouldve gove trickery acrobatics now that ive read around..... but I used dual dagger & dual pistol....
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

It wouldn't be any more OP than what other professions are capable of with two weapon sets.
    last time i checked they had cooldown on their skills from 5-30 seconds and we have none.