Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

If the US and China went to war, how do you think Alliances would play out?

I realize that China and the U.S.A. are very dependent on one another, and are unlikely to go to war with each other. However, since they seem to be the "top" rivals at the moment, I'm genuinely curious what would happen if we did declare war on each other.

Which countries do you think would have America's back, and which countries do you think would have Communist China's back??

Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-08-07 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might want to try and be a little less obnoxious before we continue here...

I don't think the US and China will ever go to war. They can't exist without each other. If they went to war they would destroy each other and they know that. The economies of both countries would collapse.
    "LET TERROR RAIN!!!" ~ Warcraft III

10+ Year Old Account
    China, North Korea, Russia, Pakistan, some other middle eastern countries for the Axis.

U.S.A., Great Britain, France, Germany, Japan, Australia, Canada, South Korea, Scandinavians, India, Israel, pretty much everyone for the Allies.

TL;DR Communism vs. Democracy.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    Might want to try and be a little less obnoxious before we continue here...
    Not to mention Meme .GIF images....
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eothekingslayer View Post
    I don't think the US and China will ever go to war. They can't exist without each other. If they went to war they would destroy each other and they know that. The economies of both countries would collapse.
    Actually, the U.S. would benefit greatly. We would go from 14 trillion in debt to 5 trillion in surplus. Everyone would want to be friends with us, and now we control China. So... I hope and don't hope for WWIII.

These threads never turn out well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eothekingslayer View Post
    Or one simply destroys the other and makes it their puppet state, both economies would be fine in the long run but only one would be in control.
    I think it's naive to think the US and China would never go to war with eachother. You just tell yourself that as reassurance. In the real world it's very much a possibility.

China and the US would only go to war if it made economic sense. And it wouldn't, so they won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not this again....

It won't happen. China exports $250bn+ per year to the US and imports $50bn from them to.

Not to mention the US owe China a shiton and the US probably couldn't afford a lengthy conflict against Russia and China, let alone win in those circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont really see any reason to go to war with China. I dont have any bad feelings about the Chinese.

But if war did happen for whatever reason, which I highly doubt it would. I think it would be very bad for the world as a whole, with many lives lost. Other countries would not just stand by and watch the U.S and China fight, there would be many countries involved and would most likely be another world war, and that is the last thing this world needs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have to agree with other people here, i dont think we'll ever go to war and god help us if we do, i suspect itll only end in the world becoming a smog of radiation from all the nukes.

if we were to go to war i suspect the uk, israel, japan, south korea and france to be among some of the biggest allies.

as for china i suspect the big names would be russia, north korea, iran, and possibly pakistan as being the major counterparts.

china would most likely obliterate japan in the early going and just create a crater where the island once stood. north korea would most likely bring south korea into the war and iran and israel would be at each others throats. i predict it would be a world killer but thats just my opinion

Deleted
    China would be crushed, anybody with military experience would agree with me.

If you leave out nukes, China and their allies wouldn't stand a chance. The United States may be stewing in the shit in many areas, but its military is still without a doubt the most powerful the world has ever seen. Not to mention, in a global war, a navy and air force would be king. The United States and many of its allies, like Great Britain and Japan, have both of those in spades. China has what, one air craft carrier now? And its a retrofitted Soviet clunker isn't it? While I doubt the US could win a land war in China, they would have total air and sea dominance pretty much from the start. Once again, assuming nukes stay out of it, it would be a stalemate on land and a one sided slaughter in air and at sea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Monty would disagree with you (if he wasn't dead).

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Oooh not this thread again.

News-flash: Most European-countries are sick and tired of being dragged into US-wars.
    And if such a war would ever occur, we can safely assume that the USA would have started it.
    Europe would either stay neutral or join up against the aggressor, except maybe for Great Britain.

Now seriously! How the hell did you came up with those camps?
    I either blame it on games and movies or you've been watching too much of Fox News.
    you are right but europe will join if the war is against China even if we are the aggressor. Because Chinese cyber attacks are getting rather unbearable. If the western nations don't do anything, the tech jobs will go to China. Pretty much causing great depression times ten in all of Europe and US. Actually this could be the only reason U.S. goes to war with China. The debt crisis, destruction of life means nothing if the vast majority of your citizens can't work

If it was a pure ground war - no air support or missiles from 1000s of miles away or other high tech nonsense - China. Better disciplined soldiers. The same would apply US vs UK too - same reason.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

I don't really see what China could do. They could never mount a ground war against the U.S. because the U.S. navy basically controls their waters. Air combat across the entire Pacific would be far too expensive. And ultimately, the way China's population is structured around its two major rivers, in total warfare the U.S. wouldn't even need nuclear weaponry to all but wipe out their civilisation.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Pretty much.

Like he said, anyone with military experience knows how it is.