oh ya i remember hearing that they normally do it on a thursday but something was happening on that thurday this year so they pushed it forward. Either a holiday or something with the presidency idk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Kolb is saying his injury won't put him back any (bruised rib and diaphragm.)

I don't want to over think that game so much being the HoF game, but both teams surprised me in different aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    oh ya i remember hearing that they normally do it on a thursday but something was happening on that thurday this year so they pushed it forward. Either a holiday or something with the presidency idk...
    September 6th doesn't ring a bell. The election isn't until November. So no clue, unless the country really cares that much about Jeff Foxworthy's birthday ( /jokes). Plus, there are games on Thursday too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    September 6th doesn't ring a bell. The election isn't until November. So no clue, unless the country really cares that much about Jeff Foxworthy's birthday ( /jokes). Plus, there are games on Thursday too.
    Ok I found an article about it

"The season opening game to be hosted by the Super Bowl Champions, the New York Football Giants, will be pushed back one day from the originally scheduled Thursday, September 6 to Wednesday, September 5 to avoid a conflict with President Obama’s acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC. Four years ago, the NFL had a similar conflict with Senator John McCain’s speech at the Republican National Convention and at the time, the league chose to move the speech back an hour and a half from 8:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern time. As a result, the earlier kickoff sank ratings by 25% from the year before. Coincidentally, the 2008 season opening game also involved the Giants.

So this year, the game will be a day earlier, held at its regular time, and there should not be problems with the ratings."

And lookin at the schedule during week 1 all games are on sunday + the 1 monday game as normal so there wont be anything on that thursday.

10+ Year Old Account
    And lookin at the schedule during week 1 all games are on sunday + the 1 monday game as normal so there wont be anything on that thursday.
    Hmm, ok. I was looking at the preseason schedule, which has games from Thursday to Monday.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 02:03 AM ----------

The NFL has offered to reduce Vilma's suspension from a year to eight games. Not really sure what to think about that. I don't know how the punishments fit with the crime. Vilma appears to be refusing the deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrell Owens is apparently trying out for the Seahawks tomorrow. I doubt he will make it unless he blows people out of the water. Our WR core is pretty stocked.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 05:45 PM ----------

Welp Seattle signed T.O. for 1 year.

Deleted
    New England are looking quite strong. I believe in them once again, let's hope they don't choke another time!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Welp Seattle signed T.O. for 1 year.
    I wonder if they are sending his paychecks directly to his four gold digging baby mommas. By the way, his child support payments are just beyond ridiculous. That system is designed to completely exploit the men. What kid actually needs $5,000 or more in living expenses per month? Prior to him going completely broke, he was paying $20,000, $20,000, $13,400, and $5,000 per month in child support payments. That is just downright ridiculous. Having a kid shouldn't get you rewarded with a $250,000 annual salary.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-07 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Having a kid shouldn't get you rewarded with a $250,000 annual salary.
    But those women are soooooooooo helpless without at least that much money for free!

I can't really feel too bad for T.O. when it's as easy as wearing a fucking condom. You know you are a wealthy athlete and gold diggers are going to try to get their hooks into you however they can.

That being said, any judge who awards a woman that much in child support should be kicked out of office immediately. There is not a single reason any woman needs 20k a month to raise a kid, regardless of how much the dad makes. It's stupid.

Like how Kobe's wife got all 3 of their houses and half of their assets. For what exactly? To keep her lavish lifestyle without her husbands money to keep her afloat? Yes all single women need 3 homes and 75 million dollars in assets that they didnt even earn themselves. The system is rediculous

15+ Year Old Account
    Like how Kobe's wife got all 3 of their houses and half of their assets. For what exactly? To keep her lavish lifestyle without her husbands money to keep her afloat? Yes all single women need 3 homes and 75 million dollars in assets that they didnt even earn themselves. The system is rediculous
    She actually didn't get anything since they reconciled lol. But ya, its ridiculous. Didn't you know that she is responsible for the millions Kobe has made of course she, and Elin Nordgren, are entitled to vast sums of money and assets. She must have taught Kobe his jump shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Seattle is leaning one way finally on the QB situation... not that it comes as a surprise.

QB Matt Flynn to start preseason opener vs. Tennessee Titans:

“Matt has done a fantastic job so far. He’s learned the system. He’s on it. He can make all the adjustments, all the calls. He sees the defense really well. I love that he’s moving well in the pocket. All of the things we’re asking him to do he’s fit that together so far. Now I need to see him in a situation where now he takes over and see what that looks like.” - Head Coach Pete Carroll

she actually didn't get anything since they reconciled lol. But ya, its ridiculous. Didn't you know that she is responsible for the millions kobe has made of course she, and elin nordgren, are entitled to vast sums of money and assets. She must have taught kobe his jump shot.
    bitch you wasnt wit me shootin in the gyyym

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Seattle is leaning one way finally on the QB situation... not that it comes as a surprise.
    Looking forward to him losing the job to Wilson in like week three of preseason. They have to give Flynn the biggest shot just because of that contract. Seattle could be a pretty good team this year if their QB situation works out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to him losing the job to Wilson in like week three of preseason. They have to give Flynn the biggest shot just because of that contract. Seattle could be a pretty good team this year if their QB situation works out.
    Yeah I agree with the biggest shot thing. I think Wilson will start by the latest next year.

I think Flynn has the job down and will keep it for a while. This isnt a Kevin Kolb situation where hes stinking up the joint, at least not yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Flynn has the job down and will keep it for a while. This isnt a Kevin Kolb situation where hes stinking up the joint, at least not yet.
    I'll make up my mind after he plays a few games. Nobody knows really how he will do on a completely different team than what GB was/is.

Wow. Kolb already hurt. Sounds like it was ribs.
    As a Cardinals fan, I'd say it's a good thing. Arizona wasted money on him. Kolb lead the team to what, like 2-6 last year? Skelton went 6-2. It's obvious who the better QB is but they want to start Kolb because he is a huge amount of money that is being wasted.

Knowing how Kolb is, he'll be healed around week two, if not before the regular season starts. He'll be injured again before week five. Skelton will save the Cardinals season again, which is perfectly fine with me

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

15+ Year Old Account
    Fucking sweet you guys. Louis Delmas apparently had knee surgery today. So now the Lions have lost their only good secondary player for some period of time. Surgery was to help him recover from "knee soreness" but they didn't give a timetable for return.