Thread: add ons in gw2

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    no addons no. addons ruin games. shit become too easy then. 1 reason of many why i choose gw2

So those of you saying that addons make games too easy, you all cleared heroic sinestra, ragnaros, and madness when each was current? And you all also achieved gladiator in pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bstap04 View Post
    So those of you saying that addons make games too easy, you all cleared heroic sinestra, ragnaros, and madness when each was current? And you all also achieved gladiator in pvp?
    Well... for PvP is kind of moot because everyone in the higher tiers uses addons as well.

As for PvE, are you saying that Heroic Sinestra, Ragnaros, and Madness of Deathwing wouldn't be harder if you didn't have DBM?
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-08-08 at 02:32 AM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Serious question: Since PvE in GW2 is going to largely, by design, not be competitive...
    Would having modding capability specifically in PvE truly hurt anything?
    INB4 not needing addons for non-competitive stuff - it's already absolute fact that addons aren't needed even for competitive environments, they're just useful and nice to have
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I love your logic...

And it's been said, SOME addons (very few) make the gameplay experience so simplified, that yes, content as a whole is easier. Imagine if all of those timers telling you when to use your cooldowns/when to move and where suddenly were gone. Yes, it'd be harder.

What exactly were you trying to prove? Because if anything you're agreeing that addons make a game easier.

lol, didn't think that out fully did ya?

And all of those bosses COULD be defeated without addons, it would just be hard and take a lot longer. Did you not play Vanilla?

But now, WoW has addons for addons and players are so used to being lazy and having their hand held that they think it's impossible to defeat a boss without addons.

....addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    Imagine if all of those timers telling you when to use your cooldowns/when to move and where suddenly were gone. Yes, it'd be harder.
    They don't tell you where to move, or what buttons to push, actually.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    They don't tell you where to move, or what buttons to push, actually.
    I recall DBM telling you when you were in the wrong area, and by knowing when x mob will take increased damage, or when it iwll do it's major hurttheraidalot phase, you know when to use CDs.

I recall DBM telling you when you were in the wrong area, and by knowing when x mob will take increased damage, or when it iwll do it's major hurttheraidalot phase, you know when to use CDs.
    I also remember an addon, can't recall the name because I wasn't a scrub, that literally told you what ability to use next. It used some theorycrafting algorithm and you set it up for your class. It gave you the proper rotation, well, as proper as an addon could get.

And you're right. DBM tells you you're in the wrong area, that's basically the same thing as saying "stand over here instead"

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    I also remember an addon, can't recall the name because I wasn't a scrub, that literally told you what ability to use next. It used some theorycrafting algorithm and you set it up for your class. It gave you the proper rotation, well, as proper as an addon could get.

And you're right. DBM tells you you're in the wrong area, that's basically the same thing as saying "stand over here instead"
    Mages had an addon that tracked the best time to use combustion.

Silly shit, brah.

But still, I wouldn't mind UI customization in GW2

Mages had an addon that tracked the best time to use combustion.

Silly shit, brah.
    LOL. Yeah.

There's no use arguing with them anymore. People are too accustomed to having their hand held that they think it doesn't change how they play.

Yet, we all know that they would stumble over themselves if they tried to do a heroic 5man without them.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-08 at 02:56 AM.

I'm glad there won't be addons.

I love your logic...

And it's been said, SOME addons (very few) make the gameplay experience so simplified, that yes, content as a whole is easier. Imagine if all of those timers telling you when to use your cooldowns/when to move and where suddenly were gone. Yes, it'd be harder.
    Not what Im saying at all...Im saying if it made games so much easier then the difficult feats should be achieved by far FAR more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Well... for PvP is kind of moot because everyone in the higher tiers uses addons as well.

As for PvE, are you saying that Heroic Sinestra, Ragnaros, and Madness of Deathwing wouldn't be harder if you didn't have DBM?
    No, Im saying that if addons made it so much more easier, more than 2% of guilds would have completed all of those feats when current content.
    And its not moot for pvp because again, if it made the game so much easier, EVERYBODY would be a gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    What exactly were you trying to prove? Because if anything you're agreeing that addons make a game easier.

lol, didn't think that out fully did ya?

And all of those bosses COULD be defeated without addons, it would just be hard and take a lot longer. Did you not play Vanilla?

But now, WoW has addons for addons and players are so used to being lazy and having their hand held that they think it's impossible to defeat a boss without addons.

....addons.
    uhh, what? lol
    How does that prove addons make games easier? If it did make the game so much easier, more people would have accomplished all of those things I listed when they were relevant.

How does that prove addons make games easier? If it did make the game so much easier, more people would have accomplished all of those things I listed when they were relevant.
    I would assume more people are completing that "hard" content because of DBM, but we have no Pre-DBM content to compare it to. So your "argument" is moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Im saying that if addons made it so much more easier, more than 2% of guilds would have completed all of those feats when current content.
    Yes, and I bet even less than 2% would complete it if addons didn't exist.
    And its not moot for pvp because again, if it made the game so much easier, EVERYBODY would be a gladiator.
    You do know that PvP means Player vs Player. If everyone is using addons, everyone has the same advantage. IF everyone wasn't using addons, everyone would still be on a level field. If a player with no addons went up against someone with addons that actually helped him (an addon that called out CDs the opponent uses for example) the player with addons would have a distinct advantage.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I would assume more people are completing that "hard" content because of DBM, but we have no Pre-DBM content to compare it to. So your "argument" is moot.
    Just saying it is moot doesnt make it moot.
    How can a game be too easy if only 2% of guilds complete all of those raid bosses, and even less players complete all of those raid bosses AND achieved gladiator?

Yea...addons make games too easy... /sarcasm

Pretty much this. Far less people would have completed that stuff without addons.

I did 7/8 heroic Firelands one night with no addons and it was HARD. I can't tell you how many mistakes I made because I didn't have DBM holding my hand. Success of the raid was pretty much due to the other 9 with mods being able to compensate for my mistakes.

If everyone had to play like that I doubt even half of them would have completed the content.

Deleted
    AND achieved gladiator?
    How many videos , have u seen the healers manually left* clicking an enemy or friend and then cast a spell ?
    How many times have u seen , ppl hitting the dk and automatically cc-silence the healer , without even targeting him ?
    How many times , by knowing the CDs that have been used by the enemy and knowing how long they need to recharge , ur team can spot which enemy is vanurable ?
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-08 at 04:21 AM.

The UI needs to be customizable with Bartender4-like features. It's 2012. This is mandatory these days.

I could not currently play WoW without Bartender4. I tried and couldn't get into SWTOR because of the lack of a customizable UI. GW2 does not want to make the same huge mistake as SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    The UI needs to be customizable with Bartender4-like features. It's 2012. This is mandatory these days.

I could not currently play WoW without Bartender4. I tried and couldn't get into SWTOR because of the lack of a customizable UI. GW2 does not want to make the same huge mistake as SWTOR.
    Considering there are only 10 skills (on your action bars), it's not as big a deal as for games like WoW where you need 50 skills on your bars but only use maybe 5-10 in any given fight. But yes, UI customization should happen, which pretty much everyone agrees with; it's any other form of addon that has no fit in GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.