Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And in my opinion they ARE giving quanitity AND quality. Discussion over?
    I can't agree. They used to put out a higher quantity of what I felt was quality content. Ulduar was, in my opinion, 9 awesome bosses, 3 mediocre bosses, and 2 bosses I didn't care for, but eh.

ToC was Meh overall, ICC was quite excellent in my opinion.

Compared to Cata's post-release, with, again, in my opinion, 4 good bosses in Firelands, and 3 really mediocre ones. Then DS, which had some fun mechanics, but they weren't implemented in a very engaging way. Spine, for instance, is far too easy, at least on normal, the highest I've raided, for the mechanic to have a chance to "wow" me.

I feel like I got far more bang for my buck in WotLK than Cataclysm.

---------- Post added 2012-08-08 at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggity View Post
    I was on tich and there were probly 6-7 raid guilds recruiting for ssc/tk at any given time. has there been a guild recruiting for chogall ever since firelands came out? hells no, now anyone joining the raid community from firelands on never saw the starting raids of cata and never will. Calling me names because you dont understand my point, its okay though, the wow community is pretty terrible in general thesedays.
    Congratulations, you were on one of the few servers that had a consistent flow of raiding guilds. I wasn't. I didn't level to 70 at the beginning, which meant I was stuck.

Also, I called you an asshat because AFKing through LFR and snagging gear is being an asshat, not because I misunderstood your point.

The point is, they don't have to recruit for Cho'gall, because they don't have to kill Cho'gall for you so they can bring you to DS. It's no longer necessary, and that's fine. The guilds recruiting for SSC/TK weren't recruiting for SSC/TK because that's where they got to and lost a couple raiders, it was probably because that's where they got to and kept losing raiders.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that, to this day, people are pugging runs of BWL and TotFW on my server. They're even doing it with reasonable ilvl requirements, relatively speaking. Requiring 360 odd when you can gear through heroics up to 378+ isn't bad.
    Last edited by Chrysia; 2012-08-08 at 01:16 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Oh, off-topic but you're the Rorcanna from the forums?

How do you keep up with it? I'd lose my mind after an hour of forum idiocy because not blaming Blizzard for every major crime, disaster and war in the world is taboo there.
    Haha, indeed I am. And you're sadly completely right about the forums here as well, that's why it's best to take it in small portions. Also I have it in my back that this is the best game I've ever played, so no matter how much people trash and bash, I win at the end of the day as I get to login and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Haha, indeed I am. And you're sadly completely right about the forums here as well, that's why it's best to take it in small portions. Also I have it in my back that this is the best game I've ever played, so no matter how much people trash and bash, I win at the end of the day as I get to login and play.
    I don't want to argue that everything they do is great. In fact, I really dislike the way they're going with account-bound mounts (removing more and more unnecessarily each new build) and also the Black Market Auction House, but to scream that World of Warcraft is dead and that Blizzard only cares for money and no longer for the enjoyment of their players or that they only cater to the casulols is something different altogether.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    What people need to understand that gaming has changed a lot during the past few years. There's no place for time consuming 'progression' (which pretty much meant being stuck in a tier for the most of the expansion) demanded by a vocal minority. Times have changed, people grewn up and the game with it. I mean, why would anyone want to spend so much time they probably did back in the Crusade?
    Have fun watching MMO's die. MMO(RPG)'s are not about fast loot without interacting with other players. They are more about getting to know other people and play together with them. LFD and LFR only makes it harder to actually have fun because playing games with friends is the most fun. I rather play tetris with friends than do LFR with a bunch of morons and trolls. Doesn't matter how pretty Deathwing looks.
    You can still get to know others and play with them except now you have to invest only more and more into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Have fun watching MMO's die. MMO(RPG)'s are not about fast loot without interacting with other players. They are more about getting to know other people and play together with them. LFD and LFR only makes it harder to actually have fun because playing games with friends is the most fun. I rather play tetris with friends than do LFR with a bunch of morons and trolls. Doesn't matter how pretty Deathwing looks.
    You can still get to know others and play with them except now you have to invest only more and more into it.
    You do know that you can play with friends while using LFR and LFD right? Thats what my guild does and its an added bonus if we are missing a few people and have to random someone in to fill a slot.

Watching WoW die is like watching grass grow, only this grass takes 8 years to grow. If all the other MMO's out there tied thier playerbase togeather they would still have only half the amount of players wow does so stories of wow's death are highly over rated. Frankly everyone who talks about wow's death and wow killers just make themselves look silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think it's one of the reasons why allot of MMO 'fail' after launch
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post

Congratulations, you were on one of the few servers that had a consistent flow of raiding guilds. I wasn't. I didn't level to 70 at the beginning, which meant I was stuck.

Also, I called you an asshat because AFKing through LFR and snagging gear is being an asshat, not because I misunderstood your point.

The point is, they don't have to recruit for Cho'gall, because they don't have to kill Cho'gall for you so they can bring you to DS. It's no longer necessary, and that's fine. The guilds recruiting for SSC/TK weren't recruiting for SSC/TK because that's where they got to and lost a couple raiders, it was probably because that's where they got to and kept losing raiders.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that, to this day, people are pugging runs of BWL and TotFW on my server. They're even doing it with reasonable ilvl requirements, relatively speaking. Requiring 360 odd when you can gear through heroics up to 378+ isn't bad.
    I started half way TBC on a low populated realm with maybe two guilds who got to Black Temple. I started raiding Karazhan in some noob guild and then started my own. At the end I saw everything TBC had to offer. I guess it just depends on how much you want it or I was just 'one of the few'.

And like handing out gear makes recruiting easier. Gear doesn't matter as much as people think. If recruiting was so easy there would be tons more 25 man guilds. Only thing you can recruit now is morons wearing the latest tier set.

Lets observe, shall we:

TBC - people whine and bitch about having to farm all week long in order to get into a raiding group (serious guilds only) and then wipe till their eyes bleed cause the content is too hard; only 1 % can experience the end game content; yadda yadda yadda...

WOTLK - people bitch about the content being too easy; LFG ruins the game; END game is too easy; purplz aren't epic anymore; yadda yadda yadda...

CATA - people bitch and whine about content being too easy; LFR ruins the game; there is no end game apart from heroic raids; yadda yadda yadda...

MISTS - people want TBC like raiding again... what?

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    I don't want to argue that everything they do is great. In fact, I really dislike the way they're going with account-bound mounts (removing more and more unnecessarily each new build) and also the Black Market Auction House, but to scream that World of Warcraft is dead and that Blizzard only cares for money and no longer for the enjoyment of their players or that they only cater to the casulols is something different altogether.
    Indeed, there are features and changes I dislike as well, I've even been close to angry with changes they've made at times, but the positive easily makes up for this. The day this balance changes, if it ever does, I would simply quit until it changed back again and if it never did then that would be all. It doesn't make sense to call a game dying or shoot players still enjoying it with the "ad hominem gun" just because you as an individual stop enjoying it. Sadly, this is what most people coming to the forums seem to be doing.

But, there's always some reasonable people around so that's always a joy to see. .

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You do know that you can play with friends while using LFR and LFD right? Thats what my guild does and its an added bonus if we are missing a few people and have to random someone in to fill a slot.

Watching WoW die is like watching grass grow, only this grass takes 8 years to grow. If all the other MMO's out there tied thier playerbase togeather they would still have only half the amount of players wow does so stories of wow's death are highly over rated. Frankly everyone who talks about wow's death and wow killers just make themselves look silly.
    You clearly don't get my point. And you do know I didn't mention that WoW was going to die right?

Deleted
    They did, Cataclysm was by all intents and purposes suppose to be Burning Crusade 2.0

They lost 3 million subs since, it was a gigantic mistake. Then they turned Cata into WotLK 2.0 in order to not lose more subs.

You got what you wanted, but it sure as hell aint what the majority wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    Lets observe, shall we:

TBC - people whine and bitch about having to farm all week long in order to get into a raiding group (serious guilds only) and then wipe till their eyes bleed cause the content is too hard; only 1 % can experience the end game content; yadda yadda yadda...

WOTLK - people bitch about the content being too easy; LFG ruins the game; END game is too easy; purplz aren't epic anymore; yadda yadda yadda...

CATA - people bitch and whine about content being too easy; LFR ruins the game; there is no end game apart from heroic raids; yadda yadda yadda...

There is a huge difference between TBC and WotLK. And I have never heard anyone complain during TBC about how hard everything was.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first tier of Cata was essentially tBC style gaming. People bitched about it so much that they changed it.

I very, very seriously doubt that we have much credibility in Blizzards eyes in terms of "What we think we want" these days as a result.

As for a "Massive outcry", there is no larger a cry than there ever was - which is very small. There is more complaining about the "good old days of WotLK" than a cry for a return to Outland.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    They did, Cataclysm was by all intents and purposes suppose to be Burning Crusade 2.0

They lost 3 million subs since, it was a gigantic mistake. Then they turned Cata into WotLK 2.0 in order to not lose more subs.

You got what you wanted, but it sure as hell aint what the majority wanted.
    Ofcourse it failed. TBC dungeons with LFD with random noobs and idiots. Mixing experienced players with noobs and smart players with dumb players and english speaking players with non english speaking players and then expect everything will work out...
    And everyone was used to 10 minute AoE fest dungeons.

WotLK and LFD were a gigantic mistake.

'We' didn't get at all what 'we' wanted.

pff cs 1.6 sucks! pleaseeee bring back cs 1.3

Ofcourse it failed. TBC dungeons with LFD with random noobs and idiots. Mixing experienced players with noobs and smart players with dumb players and english speaking players with non english speaking players and then expect everything will work out...
    And everyone was used to 10 minute AoE fest dungeons.

WotLK and LFD were a gigantic mistake.

'We' didn't get at all what 'we' wanted.
    Why do people not just write "I"...really?

I don't want TBC or old WoW back, I don't want WOTLK back, I didn't find Cataclysm to be bad and I am looking forward to Mists of Pandaria. I made a choice early on to not do LFR, I didn't run LFD for months whilst raiding since there was no use. I prefer to do LFD with my friends.

I can't speak for ANYONE but myself.

I agree 100% with this Kreeb, y'all are being idiots and not realizing the millions of people that quit cause the lil kids and people that like an easy game where you can get your butt handed to you by an 8 year old that mashes buttons. And as for Into and Gilian, thats due to the fact that since WOTLK most of the people that did play then quit from BC because of what I just said. You Don't have to work hard at all to be able to do anything in the game now. When LFR came on I got a 1 week back in the game and got 3 toons massively geared in the week I got back without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexitor View Post
    "How things were" always seems better than "how things are".
    I play other games too. Some games actually become better. This game did not become batter after WotLK was released and subscription numbers show it.
    In Cataclysm they wanted to bring back the hard dungeons etc. If they would have thought that over another time they could have figured out by themselves that people who are used to 10 minute dungeons where you can afk in won't like 1 hour dungeons where they actually have to try. And that LFD doesn't work with hard dungeons. They never really brought back TBC or what 'hardcore' players wanted. Cataclysm was maybe worse than WotLK. They made a mistake with WotLK and in Cataclysm they made it even worse and now they are just going to milk it by making this game for people who like to play Angry Birds to pass the time.

---------- Post added 2012-08-08 at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Why do people not just write "I"...really?

I don't want TBC or old WoW back, I don't want WOTLK back, I didn't find Cataclysm to be bad and I am looking forward to Mists of Pandaria. I made a choice early on to not do LFR, I didn't run LFD for months whilst raiding since there was no use. I prefer to do LFD with my friends.

I can't speak for ANYONE but myself.
    Why can't people read my quote before quoting me... really?

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The first tier of Cata was essentially tBC style gaming. People bitched about it so much that they changed it.

I very, very seriously doubt that we have much credibility in Blizzards eyes in terms of "What we think we want" these days as a result.

As for a "Massive outcry", there is no larger a cry than there ever was - which is very small. There is more complaining about the "good old days of WotLK" than a cry for a return to Outland.
    This, in in the start of Cata, it was "going back being hard like in TBC", and Tier 11 was pretty hard, and so was heroics. They made several blogs about explaining the difficulty, but it seems like they in the end caved in, probably because of the large majority that was no longer silent when their game got touched. Honestly, Cata suffered from trying to do an 180 in the middle of it all, plus the massive remake for 1-60 zones, leaving room for not nearly as much endgame stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post

Some corrections here;

CATA - People bitch and whine about heroic raids being too hard. Bliz over corrected by making DS too easy. LFR did not ruin the game, it may of ruined your gaming experience but it didn't ruin my guilds experience.

Mists - Some people want TBC like raiding again... How many 'some' are is debatable as this forum is not a good reflection of wow players opinions on the matter.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-08-08 at 02:23 PM.