Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Since this is still going i'll link this http://www.reignofgaming.net/tier-li...ngle-tier-list

Edit: Note these may not be good picks for starting but it's just mostly to share who is strong in the jungle.

Its a list of capable junglers tier 1 being the best and tier 5 being the worse.

Typically tier 1-2 are commonly seen with a few from tier 3
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-06 at 10:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not always good picks for a *starting* jungler though.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    They're not always good picks for a *starting* jungler though.
    Agreed, Just thought i'd share it for future reference and so OP know's who is strong in the jungle.

Lee sin not sure if safe 4 starting as i dont even know how to jungle but once your good, oh holy hells

might not sound good but i jungle with yorick building him bruiser with triforce and i just destroy teams

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshadows View Post
    Lee sin not sure if safe 4 starting as i dont even know how to jungle but once your good, oh holy hells
    I'm starting with this guy, and seems like no problem. His abilities seem to be really for free in jungle, when you're guaranteed to use the passive, and he can gank very hard with his abilities - insane Q/Q damage, E applying something like exhaust, countering some escape abilities (mainly those two ape characters) and being in my opinion impossible to miss. And if things still fail, his tower dive is amazing, and the possibility to kick enemy back is not bad either.

I'm not saying he's the best guy for the job, but to me he seems to do the job quite well so that you don't need to know all the tricks to work somewhat. However he's tagged as quite difficult char, and it's probably true, there's quite a lot he can do, and mastering it takes time. But the important is how well he works for the starter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well iv tried a lot of junglers in the meantime and iv decided to stick to Skarner and Cho Gath until i get some more runes.

And Iv found this it has been also very helpful : Jungeling 101 and another one
    Last edited by MrMayor; 2012-08-06 at 10:45 PM.

Jungler is the most metashifting role in the game and for good reason.

These days a.k.a. Jayce/Zyra/Xin Zhao rework era, you want an early game jungler with very good ganks and early tankiness. One that doesn't need to farm the jungle for long to get their core, because Zyra will be busy farming that, and Jayce will roam early from top. Xin Zhao is still an early game beast and you'll feed him if not careful.

Full Armor Mundo will give you the tankiness and early core you need, Maokai will give you the best ganks and tankiness, Nautilus fits too. A skilled Kayle can win early duels with ease and she's pro at ganking. Lee Sin is versatile and high skillcap, would work really well. And ofc, Xin Zhao if you want to press an early advantage, bearing in mind that if you don't do it, you'll fall quite far behind. Warwick is still the learning option because he can't be killed 1v1, but he can't kill either. His jungle is slow but it helps you learn to make calls and predict opponents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Jax to jungle. Pretty easy I think. Start with Cloth Armor an 5 health pots, Put 1st point into Counter Strike. Pick up Ghost an Smite. 2nd an 3rd Points put into Empower, 4th into Leap Strike, 5 either into Counter or Empower then at 6 your ULT. Start on blue buff then work your way to red, then gank that lane. Pretty much GG

Deleted
    Warwick is easy jungler to start with, as he has really good sustain.

I also like to jungle with lee (easily one of the most fun champions in the game, so good mobility and incredible ganks) and Jax (Jax is... Jax. Strong as fuck, good ganks and deals tons of damage after he gets his core items while being incredibly tanky. Just be sure to start with boots and take Q & E for early lvl2 ganks).

Deleted
    The easiest Junglers to start jungling with are in my eyes Warwick, Fiddlesticks (yes he is awesome in Jungle and lvl 4 he can solo drake ) these are the safest in my eyes.
    The strongest in my eyes are Shyvana, Skarner, Hecarim, Volibear.

u normaly start ganking at lvl 4 with WW its a bit harder because u have not stun abilities and he is plain slow, and if the lane fails stunning or slowing you wont get any kill until lvl 6 (nor assists)

Fiddlestick can wipe a whole team with his jungling and also he is strong due drain, and fear aswell as jumping silence skill, so starting with fiddle jungle is maybe the best also he is pure AP which balances the Team Dmg of 1x Tanky AD, Carry AD, Carry AP and Jungling AP instead of 3 AD.

cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Well iv been playing Skarner now for a few normal games and quite like him but i have a question is he always so mana intensive or am i just spamming his abilities too much because without the blue buff i cant jungle properly and there is always some1 on the team who thinks he needs it more

Quote Originally Posted by MrMayor View Post
    Well iv been playing Skarner now for a few normal games and quite like him but i have a question is he always so mana intensive or am i just spamming his abilities too much because without the blue buff i cant jungle properly and there is always some1 on the team who thinks he needs it more
    He needs a lot of mana but as soon as you get the glacial shroud mana isn't a problem. Make sure not to level E until q and w are maxed (costs too much mana and isn't needed. You're better off with a higher shield).

The only reason to pick e early would be that you levelup during a gank and need those 60-70 damage (after mr) to secure the kill which is not that common

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    He needs a lot of mana but as soon as you get the glacial shroud mana isn't a problem. Make sure not to level E until q and w are maxed (costs too much mana and isn't needed. You're better off with a higher shield).

The only reason to pick e early would be that you levelup during a gank and need those 60-70 damage (after mr) to secure the kill which is not that common
    I use This guide by sir Spank Alot and he doesn't include glacial shroud

Quote Originally Posted by MrMayor View Post
    I use This guide by sir Spank Alot and he doesn't include glacial shroud
    Take guides with a grain of salt. However, check under his viable items section and he lists Frozen Heart. Skarner IS very blue dependent early game so just be mindful of that.

Some people have recommended Mundo but I would honestly say he's not great for beginners. He, like Shyv, Cho and Nunu is a great counterjungler which is wholly another aspect of jungle strategy. Your first jungle clear will leave you extremely low on health and if you aren't comfortable with the routes/runes/timing then you may want to learn with safer choices like Nocturne, Warwick or Jax.

If you're looking to just try random champs and see if you like them, wait till good junglers are free or try Nunu, Warwick, Dr. Mundo, Amumu, Tryndamere, or Fiddlesticks. Those are all viable junglers who cost 1350 or lower (I beleive they all cost 1350 except Nunu who is 450). Warwick is a pretty bad jungler at high level play but he's good to learn jungling and is a fantastic baseline jungler to compare the attributes of all other junglers to.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    If you're looking to just try random champs and see if you like them, wait till good junglers are free or try Nunu, Warwick, Dr. Mundo, Amumu, Tryndamere, or Fiddlesticks. Those are all viable junglers who cost 1350 or lower (I beleive they all cost 1350 except Nunu who is 450). Warwick is a pretty bad jungler at high level play but he's good to learn jungling and is a fantastic baseline jungler to compare the attributes of all other junglers to.
    Thanks I have been doing that and quite like Tryndamere (was my main for some time) but i had a little truble with the first clear maybe just a bad leash

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw. Tryndamere just has poor sustain throughout. I honestly don't think he's a strong pick for the jungle. A strong early game champion will just come find you and then murder you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Udyr is a pretty good starter jungler, he's the first one I played. Amazing sustain and a very simplistic playstyle. Hit R to damage stuff, W to shield damage, E to speed yourself up and stun on next hit and Q for more damage. He's fairly cheap as well, 3150 iirc. There's no real tricks to him, just make sure your stun goes off before you hit another stance.