GW2 Monuments - After Launch

So, lets say I start to farm my HOM now, can I still link it with my account after launch? Or is this not available?

Thanks in advance.
    Main: Vargox (Charr Engineer)
    Guild: Asinium - ASN is always recruiting! Launch day guild will be made and invites will be sent out and recruiting will commence on release.
    We are primarily an Aussie guild but are always recruiting anyone! Send me a message in game for an invite.
    Server: Sea of Sorrows (US)

Quote Originally Posted by Goat-Lad View Post
    So, lets say I start to farm my HOM now, can I still link it with my account after launch? Or is this not available?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Yes you can.
    Easy peasy, thanks mate.
    Main: Vargox (Charr Engineer)
    Guild: Asinium - ASN is always recruiting! Launch day guild will be made and invites will be sent out and recruiting will commence on release.
    We are primarily an Aussie guild but are always recruiting anyone! Send me a message in game for an invite.
    Server: Sea of Sorrows (US)

Youll need to contact CS to link the accounts if you make your GW1 account after you make your GW2 account (or just didnt link them to begin with). Last I heard Anet said HOM will still add to your accounts rewards for 6 months after release so you have that long to farm.(not as confirmed as I thought)
    Last edited by Merendel; 2012-08-09 at 09:59 AM.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Youll need to contact CS to link the accounts if you make your GW1 account after you make your GW2 account (or just didnt link them to begin with). Last I heard Anet said HOM will still add to your accounts rewards for 6 months after release so you have that long to farm.
    They've never said that in any place I've seen. All the FAQ says is the simple answer of "Yes." to being able to progress in HoM after release.

Deleted
    Youll need to contact CS to link the accounts if you make your GW1 account after you make your GW2 account (or just didnt link them to begin with). Last I heard Anet said HOM will still add to your accounts rewards for 6 months after release so you have that long to farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    They've never said that in any place I've seen. All the FAQ says is the simple answer of "Yes." to being able to progress in HoM after release.
    Two different questions you're answering there - and I can understand the confusion, as the OP isn't perfectly clear.

Merendel answers the question regarding linking your GW1 account with your GW2 account.
    Larynx answers the question regarding being able to continue to gain HoM rewards in GW2 after launch.

*silently shuffles out the thread*

Last I heard Anet said HOM will still add to your accounts rewards for 6 months after release so you have that long to farm.
    Source this or stop posting it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Source this or stop posting it.
    fair enough. Went back and found where I read this.
    http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/10908
    Ten Ton Hammer: Will new players be able to go back and play through the original Guild Wars after the release of Guild Wars 2 in order to get those special items in the Hall of Monuments? Or will there be a cut-off point to that sort of content?

Jeff: I don't know exactly what the timing will be, but I will tell you that we aren't going to allow new players to Guild Wars 2 to go back and get those items in the Hall of Monuments. Our intent is to reward players who are playing Guild Wars right now. We have so many people who have stepped up to make Guild Wars successful and have invested so much time into their characters. The whole point of this [the Hall of Monuments] is to reward those gamers. We want to say, "Thanks for playing those one, two, or three years in our original game. We appreciate you guys getting into the game early, and we want to reward you for that."

So I can't imagine that we'll let somebody coming into Guild Wars six months after Guild Wars 2 ships and letting them have rights to all of the same opportunities our original players had. Our expectation is that a lot of people are going to be getting a lot of stuff in the original Guild Wars in the several months leading up to Guild Wars 2.
    my recollection was slightly off, not a hard confirmed cutoff but still planed to be cut off. Its also from a couple years back so they may have changed plans in the mean time. looking for a more recent source on this issue.

edit not finding much either way and its getting late. I'll try hunting down more tomorrow as now I'm irked that the only source I can find is somewhat wishy washy and dates back to when HOM first came out. Still I wont post about that agian kel unless I can find something harder. I don't like haveing or giveing out inaccurate info.
    Last edited by Merendel; 2012-08-09 at 09:59 AM.

Who is John Galt?

I was under the impression that HoM would always be available even after GW2's launch. I mean it wouldn't make sens to cut it, you still need to invest a lot of time to get anything past the Heritage armor.

fair enough. Went back and found where I read this.
    http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/10908

my recollection was slightly off, not a hard confirmed cutoff but still planed to be cut off. Its also from a couple years back so they may have changed plans in the mean time. looking for a more recent source on this issue.

edit not finding much either way and its getting late. I'll try hunting down more tomorrow as now I'm irked that the only source I can find is somewhat wishy washy and dates back to when HOM first came out. Still I wont post about that agian kel unless I can find something harder. I don't like haveing or giveing out inaccurate info.
    That doesnt say anything at all. He is simply stating his view. No confirmation or anything so it cant be used as a source that they for sure will shut down HoM sometime after GW2 release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    I was under the impression that HoM would always be available even after GW2's launch. I mean it wouldn't make sens to cut it, you still need to invest a lot of time to get anything past the Heritage armor.
    That is what their FAQ says/said on their website.

Deleted
    But how am I able to link my gw 1 to my gw II account then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    But how am I able to link my gw 1 to my gw II account then?
    When do I link my Guild Wars account with my Guild Wars 2 account?
    You may link your Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 accounts when you register your account or you may do so in the future through the Account Management interface.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/services/faq/

One question I have on this subject, Is that, If you link your guild wars 1 with gw2 account, are you still able to gain HoM points and rewards after doing so? I have not read anywhere that says you can still earn rewards even after linking. Basically, I got my code to link, but if it means I cant earn more HoM points first I dont want to link them until the day before 3 day access.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akumawolfy View Post
    One question I have on this subject, Is that, If you link your guild wars 1 with gw2 account, are you still able to gain HoM points and rewards after doing so? I have not read anywhere that says you can still earn rewards even after linking. Basically, I got my code to link, but if it means I cant earn more HoM points first I dont want to link them until the day before 3 day access.
    Yes. I'm linked, and am earning points as we speak. You get three points for linking, so get going! =D