Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually just dodge if my team seems unusually dumb in the character select screen. Yeah, you gotta wait 30 mins but that's what smurfs are for. And the trolls don't really stop as you go higher ELO. They might even get worse because some people just get a random ego boost because they've broken 1600. Suddenly they think they're the shit, and can do whatever they want. If someone tries to impede that, then they'll troll. I've had most success duo queue with jungler and support. Whoever is jungling tries to get mid and top fed, and whoever is supporting tries to first not feed their AD and second, try to get your AD farmed. You'll get control of Dragons and sometimes their buffs. I may be paranoid, but I usually end up dodging if anything fishy happens in champ select. Someone trolling, someone trying to run something stupid, or general stupidity in chat. The 30 minute wait + playing a smurf game is better than playing a 20-50 minute game and possibly losing elo.

One thing I've noticed is you'll get strings of games where your team is completely awful. Yet, you'll also get games where you get a really solid team 2-3 games in a row. I tend to try to ride the lightning, and stop after 1-2 losses if it's due to asshattary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I usually just dodge if my team seems unusually dumb in the character select screen. Yeah, you gotta wait 30 mins but that's what smurfs are for. And the trolls don't really stop as you go higher ELO. They might even get worse because some people just get a random ego boost because they've broken 1600. Suddenly they think they're the shit, and can do whatever they want. If someone tries to impede that, then they'll troll. I've had most success duo queue with jungler and support. Whoever is jungling tries to get mid and top fed, and whoever is supporting tries to first not feed their AD and second, try to get your AD farmed. You'll get control of Dragons and sometimes their buffs. I may be paranoid, but I usually end up dodging if anything fishy happens in champ select. Someone trolling, someone trying to run something stupid, or general stupidity in chat. The 30 minute wait + playing a smurf game is better than playing a 20-50 minute game and possibly losing elo.

One thing I've noticed is you'll get strings of games where your team is completely awful. Yet, you'll also get games where you get a really solid team 2-3 games in a row. I tend to try to ride the lightning, and stop after 1-2 losses if it's due to asshattary.
    That happens to me all the time. I mean I was actually on a role with like 5 or 6 straight wins to improve my ELO tremendously, I'm sort of at a deadlock right now wining 1 game then losing one with the exception of last night with people leaving 2 consecutive games and one horrible one.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    I've noticed a strange tendency... So far played 4 games with Vlad on top, and 2 games each for Tristy/Zyra/Taric. Won all the Vlad and Zyra games, lost all in which I was on the bot in either role. ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I've noticed a strange tendency... So far played 4 games with Vlad on top, and 2 games each for Tristy/Zyra/Taric. Won all the Vlad and Zyra games, lost all in which I was on the bot in either role. ;D
    Hmm, whenever I attempt AD Carry, I'm really not to bad though not great but it always seems I get worse partners when I play that role. I really just call jungle whenever I get into a game as fast as I can. I'm actually really good at mid but I don't trust my team enough to hold out in other lanes. That's really the downfall of solo queue, it has so many issues.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Well I´ve finally managed to get away from the worst of it, atm I´m around 1450 ELO.

You have to focus on improving your own playstyle, blame as much as you can on yourself. You won´t be able to carry every game, but if you are good and don´t rage you will get out. I´ve managed to improve a lot since my time in the 1100s. It will take time, but eventually you will get out if you focus on improving as a player. Duo queuing will help a lot since it helps you keep your insanity. Don´t call out your Lux for going clarity, it won´t make her perform better it will just create rage within the team. Never blame someone when they die, just ask them to play more conservatively.

Also realize that the players who play like absolute crap, now I´m not talking about people having bad games, I mean the people who build ghostblade and triforce on tristana, these people don´t belong there, they may be on their way down, do not compare them to yourself.

TLDR: You can´t win every game, just try to play better, mute your entire team if nessecary.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Don´t call out your Lux for going clarity, it won´t make her perform better it will just create rage within the team. Never blame someone when they die, just ask them to play more conservatively.
    True. Though it's possible to dodge now whenever you see some dumb things in the lobby and avoid wasting your time, elo and energy.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    True. Though it's possible to dodge now whenever you see some dumb things in the lobby and avoid wasting your time, elo and energy.
    Yeah I dodge every Lux, she seems to be a real retard magnet. Just using it as an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burden of knowledge (counter picking & lane matchups) and inconsistent play (not everyone is good at every role on a team and every champ) make up a large part of why low elo is so frustrating at times.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Rathgar View Post
    Burden of knowledge (counter picking & lane matchups) and inconsistent play (not everyone is good at every role on a team and every champ) make up a large part of why low elo is so frustrating at times.
    Yeah. Often you think somebody is very poor when all it takes is bad luck and/or being countered in lane to end up feeding.

Burden of knowledge sounds like scarra phrase

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

You're down there for a reason, stop blaming and just play. There is no ELO Hell. In fact, I'd have to say it's worse at around 1600, because everyone thinks their such hot shit.

Deleted
    People down there think theyre good and best players in the world, when in fact theyre horrible and they dont even notice their own mistakes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

You're down there for a reason, stop blaming and just play. There is no ELO Hell. In fact, I'd have to say it's worse at around 1600, because everyone thinks their such hot shit.
    Actually I'm down there because I started playing ranked 3 days ago and I was put where I was put. I'm quite sure my hidden normal ELO was not that bad considering the downgrade in player quality between normal drafts and rankeds is so high I feel like I'm back at summoner lvl 10.

Of course I know I don't belong in 2200 and I make my own fair share of mistakes in game, but you won't convince me I just magically get worse for those 30-40 minutes when I play ranked. If you actually read my OP you'd notice what I am dumbstruck by is the difference in skill and average player quality between normals, which were my environment up until 3 days ago, and my newfound ELO level. (the difference obviously being in favour of normals.)

//Edit
    You also won't convince me THIS:
    OrochiYashiro: gg we lost 0 taks
    OrochiYashiro: fk u noobs
    OrochiYashiro: no tank we lose
    OrochiYashiro: so i troll
    in the lobby again is something I could ever prevent in any way. ;p
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2012-08-09 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Actually I'm down there because I started playing ranked 3 days ago and I was put where I was put. I'm quite sure my hidden normal ELO was not that bad considering the downgrade in player quality between normal drafts and rankeds is so high I feel like I'm back at summoner lvl 10.

Of course I know I don't belong in 2200 and I make my own fair share of mistakes in game, but you won't convince me I just magically get worse for those 30-40 minutes when I play ranked. If you actually read my OP you'd notice what I am dumbstruck by is the difference in skill and average player quality between normals, which were my environment up until 3 days ago, and my newfound ELO level. (the difference obviously being in favour of normals.)

//Edit
    You also won't convince me THIS:

in the lobby again is something I could ever prevent in any way. ;p
    You're down there because you got matched with people of varying skill levels during your ranked matches. Unlike your Normals, where your ELO is set and you play against people relative to you, you got put with more varied skill levels and were unable to carry hard/they played better/shit happened and are now down there. Just keep playing. I didn't get my high normal ELO in only 3 days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it may take you a month or two to get anywhere significant.

If you don't improve, then it is what it is.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    "mid or feed" sick of the sight of seeing this, i dont mind people having preferred roles we all do. but unfortunately some people dont have the good attitude and just feed if things doesnt go their way, and then blames the rest of the team

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iTipTurtles View Post
    "mid or feed" sick of the sight of seeing this, i dont mind people having preferred roles we all do. but unfortunately some people dont have the good attitude and just feed if things doesnt go their way, and then blames the rest of the team
    That has to be the most annoying thing I see. I really wonder if they think that ranked is actually what defines how good a player you are generally. It really annoys me when I see that... It's basically a little kid wanting his way.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Im stuck in elo hell at the moment, but you do meet some skilled players down there and then you get yourself into a 2-3 winstreak and then go back to square one with retards that duo bot lane with troll picks : /.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iDeanoB View Post
    Im stuck in elo hell at the moment, but you do meet some skilled players down there and then you get yourself into a 2-3 winstreak and then go back to square one with retards that duo bot lane with troll picks : /.
    Story of my LoL life.
    Hey everyone

I always play with 5 idiots in my team!!..wait a second..

Deleted
    Yay, one of these thread again.

Oh no...wait...replace Yay with ugh.
    Elo hell doesn't exist. Play more matches than 5. It should even out at your appropriate skill level. Statistically you should have less idiots in your team than they (if you're not an idiot yourself).