Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    I ask the question because I intend to RAF to grant level to my Monk, but after it's done my wife will play wow again by using the friend account. So I can use this to grant levels and after she won't have any trouble to play even when I'm playing, right ?
    Thanks !
    No problem. During login, if you have more than 1 game account on the same Battle.net you can choose which one to log into. Both can be played at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks very much DemoBytom.

doesn't granting working up to 81, and then can get to 99.5% and you can just go straight to deepholm? simply curious.

Deleted
    The level granting works to 80. You can just get 99% of the way to level two, then start the level granting process. That means you will be 99% to level 81 when you finish

Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    doesn't granting working up to 81, and then can get to 99.5% and you can just go straight to deepholm? simply curious.
    You can only grant UP TO 80. To say it another way, the option to grant levels exists when targeting a level 79 character, but not a level 80 one.

I have a question: i leveled with my friend two characters to lvl 20 (RaF service, still starter edition for him). I've read everything about RaF, but i still have some questions: with my lvl 20 char (on vet account) i can see (gray) the option to grant levels to my RaF friend. If i level up to 80 with him when he'll buy battlechest+wrath, do u think i will be able to grant 39 levels to his 2nd char? In that way, it will be easier to level two char (1 to 80 and 1 to 62) to grant 39+30 levels to my panda monk lvl 11 when mop comes out. Thanks for the answers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyz View Post
    I have a question: i leveled with my friend two characters to lvl 20 (RaF service, still starter edition for him). I've read everything about RaF, but i still have some questions: with my lvl 20 char (on vet account) i can see (gray) the option to grant levels to my RaF friend. If i level up to 80 with him when he'll buy battlechest+wrath, do u think i will be able to grant 39 levels to his 2nd char? In that way, it will be easier to level two char (1 to 80 and 1 to 62) to grant 39+30 levels to my panda monk lvl 11 when mop comes out. Thanks for the answers
    RAF levels can only be granted to the Veteran Account (In this case you). So, your friend can only give you levels for other characters. Not vis-versa. You could both level two level 80's, or a Level 80 and 2 level 41's etc. This way he can give your Monk levels all the way to 80. Though, you cannot give him levels.

At level 1 if you kill 6 lvl 1 mobs with 15% exp bonus total and then kill 1 more mob with 0% bonus xp total you will be at 398/400 exp the bar actually says its 100%. That way you will be very very close to 81 when your done granting yourself levels.

Deleted
    Has it been confirmed that Level granting will work with monks? or is it just the 300% exp? do we know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    Has it been confirmed that Level granting will work with monks? or is it just the 300% exp? do we know?
    RAF bonuses work (GC's word exactly) and this includes Level granting.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    If I create a Death Knight and level him to lv 60 can he grant 30 levels or just 2 (since he leveled from 55-60 only)?

Oh and another quick question. When I'm done with whole RaF granting levels, can I move characters from friend acc to my main acc (assuming they are on the same B.net account)? Is it paid transfer?
    It is levels earned so a DK doesn't get the levels to grant from 1-55. If you got it to 60 you'd only be able to grant 4 levels.

Yes, if they are on the same Battle.Net account I do believe you can do paid transfer to get them onto your main account.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this. If you granting levels your monk will have zero gear when you hit 81. It would be wise to have lvl 80ish green/blue BOEs from Cata rdy to equip asap. You don't want to be messing around on the AH when you could be out questing. I have crafted multiple items on my LW and purchased lvl 81 weapons and rings/neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdrood View Post
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this. If you granting levels your monk will have zero gear when you hit 81. It would be wise to have lvl 80ish green/blue BOEs from Cata rdy to equip asap. You don't want to be messing around on the AH when you could be out questing. I have crafted multiple items on my LW and purchased lvl 81 weapons and rings/neck.
    For sure. I'm going to add this to the first post under Notes if that's alright?

Quote Originally Posted by monsage View Post
    For sure. I'm going to add this to the first post under Notes if that's alright?
    Yea sure. You might or might not have some heirloom items, but other than the helm/cloak they stop scaling at 80. Prob the only heirloom I will still use are the 2x haste trinks. All the Cata greens ARE AMAZING for leveling. Most you can find or craft cheap right now. If you wait till launch day you will get ripped off - trust.

Yea sure. You might or might not have some heirloom items, but other than the helm/cloak they stop scaling at 80. Prob the only heirloom I will still use are the 2x haste trinks. All the Cata greens ARE AMAZING for leveling. Most you can find or craft cheap right now. If you wait till launch day you will get ripped off - trust.
    I will still use the helmet/back item. Even if something else has better stats it's tough to beat that extra 20% experience for everything.

I will still use the helmet/back item. Even if something else has better stats it's tough to beat that extra 20% experience for everything.
    Yes, I meant I would use that plus the 2x trinks.

Yes, I meant I would use that plus the 2x trinks.
    I've never tested it above 80, do the trinket effects still work? You still heal yourself when you kill things? That would be actually pretty nice.

I wonder if anyone has done the math on if it's really faster to lvl a race other than panda. The racial for pandas give you 200% rested xp. I understand the starting zone can take 1h 45min, but how much time in XP would you save from 80-90 being a panda?? I guess if you don't log off from 80-90 then it's a non-issue. But mere mortals will need to sleep at some point...

Personally I'm leveling a panda. Idc about realm 1sts and will save myself the $20. As soon as I hit 10, I'm going horde then granting myself 70 levels from RAF.

Right now at Best Buy and Gamestop and other places the Battlechest and Wrath is only $5. Might as well splurge that extra 5 bucks and skip 70-80.

I would guess for the race from 80-90 it won't matter to be Panda. Especially when you can get to 81 basically at launch, only 9 levels. If they drop experience form 80-85 like they previously have in expansions it will be even faster. With 20% extra experience from heirlooms and 10% from guild bonuses, as well as 50% from the Monk "daily" (I'm still not sure what all of this is about?) it will definitely be possible to hit 90 on the first day.

And whenever I do get tired and go to log out I will race change to Panda anyway, problem solved! =P

I've never tested it above 80, do the trinket effects still work? You still heal yourself when you kill things? That would be actually pretty nice.
    The haste works(64 rating @80), but I believe the heal proc stops working >.<