View Poll Results: Should Boubouille cover GW2 on the front page of MMO-Champion in addition to WoW?

Voters
56. This poll is closed
  • Yes

41 73.21%
  • No

15 26.79%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    This isn't WoW-champion, its mmo-champion. Most gamers would probably see it as a mature thing to include other games, and give every chance to have a great release. All these wait and see attitudes hurt any up and coming MMO. If people saw sites giving equal space to SWTOR and WoW, the game probably would have had an amazing launch. If you constantly put other MMO's in a corner people have an immediate distrust for it.
    Its a WoW site, its always been a wow site, just ignore the actual name.

That is until D3 launched then it became a "we love bliz" site.

10+ Year Old Account
    good i hope they do,maybe it will hit blizz where it hurts the most $ and they wake the fuck up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    people still play wow?
    yes, over 9 milions of them, number that A Net can only dream of

on further thought I'm looking forward to the GW2 official forums going live and finding the mmo-champ-gw2fans there. An environment where trolls will cry tears of frustration... finally.

gruyaka you make some of the most provocative threads I wonder how this one will turn out

OT: Well I think they should give all decent MMO's equal coverage but I'm not sure they have the resources or could even be bothered to do so but if they did it would better suit the name of this website.

Also I think if they done that it might anger WoW players who use this website because they love the game so much and would be quite bitter about it. What they could do is to allow alternative homepages for different games and allow the users to select one therefore becoming the default homepage when that person visits and displaying the coverage of their selected MMO.

I think the standpoint of "if it gets big enough, we will cover it" has worked quite well for MMOC so far and they should just stick to it. It would suck to go through all the effort to only have it done in vain 3 months down the road. Not saying that GW2 will be dead in 3 months, but the point is still the same. If it succeeds for awhile, give it some subforums and a bit of coverage on the main page. If not, no loss of time and energy.

Deleted
    Can Boubouille , force the rest of the Mods to be extremly hard with the fans and easily ban-infact then for attacking other games ?
    Can he/she handles MMO-champion to be GW2guru(landmine) for the next 6 months , teaching-maturing its members , but in the same time loosing active members ?

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    good i hope they do,maybe it will hit blizz where it hurts the most $ and they wake the fuck up.
    This is not a site attached to blizzard.
    Who it would hurt are the guys who are paid that maintain curse.
    Having MMOC + Guildwars2 site means more visitors, more money.
    The best thing to do in reguards to money is make more then one site, rite?

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Can Boubouille , force the rest of the Mods to be extremly hard with the fans and easily ban-infact then for attacking other games ?
    Can he/she handles MMO-champion to be GW2guru(landmine) for the next 6 months , teaching-maturing its members , but in the same time loosing active members ?
    People being paid to maintain this site can do whatever they want to it. The Mods, unless they are on the payroll at the end of the day are in the same boat as any other user when it comes down to the people with paychecks making the choices, imho.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    I think the standpoint of "if it gets big enough, we will cover it" has worked quite well for MMOC so far and they should just stick to it. It would suck to go through all the effort to only have it done in vain 3 months down the road. Not saying that GW2 will be dead in 3 months, but the point is still the same. If it succeeds for awhile, give it some subforums and a bit of coverage on the main page. If not, no loss of time and energy.
    Waiting until 3 months down the road, all the GW2 people will have taken their clicks elsewhere though. It would be difficult to get them back.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Not long ago I would have said no. as this is a wow site really.

But with the coverage given to D3, I think that to be fair other popular games should be covered.
    What the hell are you talking about? I only saw D3 coverage during release because off all the fuzz over connection problems. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Waiting until 3 months down the road, all the GW2 people will have taken their clicks elsewhere though. It would be difficult to get them back.
    Like The Old Republic?
    Remeber that drama about demanding sub forums? Oh what about Rift, oh and Warhammer, and all the rest?
    Wait and see, literally has worked every time.

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? I only saw D3 coverage during release because off all the fuzz over connection problems. :P
    You saw it because it was in blue posts before D3 blues broke away form the WOW blues.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

If its anything like GW1, which it is and will suck, it will go away pretty quickly.

Closing this down since conversation has veered off topic.

If you want to create a thread to specifically discuss AJ covering GW2, feel free to do so. But this isn't the place to discuss what MMOC should or shouldn't cover. If you want to see GW2 covered on the front page, use the Suggestions and Feedback forums.