10+ Year Old Account

Paladin changes in 15961 build

Hey everyone, here is the changes:

Execution Sentence damage increased by 56%.

Sanctity of Battle (Protection) now also works with Avenger's Shield.

Stay of Execution healing increased by 80%.

What do you think? discuss please.

I play Ret as main so I'm glad with the execution sentence dmg buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any buff is a good buff

I like the Avenger's Shield inclusion in Sanctity of Battle

*Prot Paladin Alt here*
    Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 1762-4021-4202
    My Safari = *Currently Unknown*
    Currently looking for Eevee/Growlithe Friend Safaris
    Feel free to Add/PM me for anything Pokemon

Buffs all around, it seems. Execution Sentence needed what it got there.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding in the small talent changes for any who haven't seen them:

-Holy Prism damage and healing when cast on enemies increased by 30%. Healing when cast on an ally increased by 44% and damage when cast on an ally increased by 17%
    -Light's Hammer damage increased by 30%.

Looks like they buffed the whole last tier of talents. I just hope that there's no more nerfing there as I really like those spells.

Yes, they are buffed, but about 3 weeks ago they nerfed them. Interesting seems like they don't know where they are going with paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monoroth View Post
    Yes, they are buffed, but about 3 weeks ago they nerfed them. Interesting seems like they don't know where they are going with paladins.
    It would be a case of "don't know where they're going" if it was big changes or massive spell alterations and talent effects. This is just balancing dps numbers so we aren't over/underpowered.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Very nice changes, I love that tier of talents because it makes our damage much more versatile, so it's very nice that our damage is being shifted into abilities that require some thought (especially before the fight starts and you have a chance to re-talent). So, I feel that these talents raise the skill-cap and reward players who analyze the fight ahead of time, and aren't too lazy to change talents.

Execution sentence for straight forward single-target fights, a nice cooldown for the tank if it's some sort of gimmick fight that is abnormally hard on the tanks or healers, and of course a very nice attack on bosses who take extra damage during some sort of burn phase (in general adding a 1 min cooldown to our already decent list of cooldowns is very nice).

Holy Prism for fights with a medium number adds, or some aoe heal demands.

Light's Hammer for fights with large waves of adds, or massive aoe damage that the raid can stack for; oh and last time I checked Light's Hammer's damage is linked to its healing, so the 30% damage buff might be a healing buffs as well, we found this out a few months ago when we noticed that Inquisition makes Light's Hammer heal more.

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 08:15 PM ----------

Hmm, the tooltip for Execution sentence seems to be ignoring Inquisition, the tooltips for the other 90 talents change when you put Inquisition up, and I'm pretty sure the ES tooltip changed last build also. I can't test the actual damage since I'm not level 90, could someone check to see if Execution Sentence is really ignoring Inquisition?
    Last edited by Tangra; 2012-08-10 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Hmm, the tooltip for Execution sentence seems to be ignoring Inquisition, the tooltips for the other 90 talents change when you put Inquisition up, and I'm pretty sure the ES tooltip changed last build also. I can't test the actual damage since I'm not level 90, could someone check to see if Execution Sentence is really ignoring Inquisition?
    3 execution sentences w/o inq for 65k each

3 execution sentences w/ inq for 95k each

seems fine

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    looks like a tooltip bug, you should post it in the beta numbers thread and it'll likely be fixed.

Sweet, thanks for testing. I reported the tooltip bug.

Are the numbers on those abilities big enough to count in for example PVP ?
    How big is the heal/damage for a 90 lvl char ?