Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The new change, you can not activate the secondary effects yourself anymore. It's an added effect if the initial effect does not work. So if you don't block anything it'll do the daze.
    Uh, this is blatantly false. I was pulling it off all Stress Test.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Point taken. Then lets turn all blocks that have great secondary effects into mesmer/warrior ones that only block 1 attack. Fair no?
    I dunno. The other side of the coin, that I specifically like with this Block, is that you can choose to cancel the Block and instead Daze. A part of me wishes it was just a plain Daze, I will admit, rather than being both.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Uh, this is blatantly false. I was pulling it off all Stress Test.
    Mine, for the life of me did not work, or possibly was the visual. Though I strictly remember it not working in BWE3

10+ Year Old Account
    The animation for that is a quick 1 second, to get a block off in time for that and not accidentally block a useless attack that can come from another player or mob is low. It's not accurate timing when animations are that fast, its just luck.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Block

List of all the blocks. Tell me warriors and mesmer are not shafted? (warriors have one good block)
    oh yes, 1 second is soooooooooooooooo short, is that why people got into the habbit of interrupting 1/4 second casts regularly in GW1? cause idk about you but i can sure as hell block an ability that has a 1 second, or hell even a half a second animation. And no, warriors and mesmers are not shafted you just bitch to much to know how good the block actually is, and warriors get adrenaline, that's really good for them, you get a clone, if you were in a HUGE pinch you could just shatter that on the spot for a distortion/diversion and essentially block/avoid 2 attacks.

And you were totally wrong on the eng blocks btw, #4 block ONLY blocks projectiles (it's essentially a shorter whirling defense) and when it ends it knocks people back, the second block stops them from boomeranging the shield and getting off 2 dazes by blocking an attack and getting 1 daze.

---------- Post added 2012-08-11 at 06:46 PM ----------

Point taken. Then lets turn all blocks that have great secondary effects into mesmer/warrior ones that only block 1 attack. Fair no?
    God how do you not READ? seriously!! ONLY SHIELDS BLOCK FOR THE FULL DURATION, even then the warrior shield is the only one that actually blocks both melee and ranged, sure rangers have whirling defense, but that's 100% useless against melee, same with the eng #4 shield block, and 4 of the guardians blocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

And you were totally wrong on the eng blocks btw, #4 block ONLY blocks projectiles (it's essentially a shorter whirling defense) and when it ends it knocks people back, the second block stops them from boomeranging the shield and getting off 2 dazes by blocking an attack and getting 1 daze.
    Makes no difference to my point. An interrupting 1/4 second casts? That's possible if you had a pre-debuff which interrupted the next cast if you are speaking purely interrupts and not stuns/CC

Though to block 1 attack it is extremely hard to time it just right to block the attack you want to block (even worse in PvP) and not just a simple attack1 and granted mostly everyone's elses block do something great to counter this (except for warriors and mesmer).
    It's actually quite easy once you get to know all of the animations and weapons of all the professions, I found that the most powerful skills are also the most easy to recognize in a fight you just got to find out what you are looking for.

but I don't quite see why you think the mesmer's block is worth less then the other blocks like Illusionary Riposte you get a daze which is really powerful if you chain a stun or another diversion(daze) behind it.
    Or if you use a scepter first you get a clone and then with the counter you give him a blind letting him miss the next attack 2 and then you can blow up your created clone to keep him from using skills some more. I actually think this is quite superior to a simple knockback

but I don't quite see why you think the mesmer's block is worth less then the other blocks like Illusionary Riposte you get a daze which is really powerful if you chain a stun or another diversion(daze) behind it.
    My main beef was they were not properly working for me BWE3 and stress test 3-2 (after bwe3 second test). Non of my chain skills like block were working and neither was curtains pull, though curtains pull worked after the thing expired. The daze and blind is nice. The block with clone summoning has limited uses, if block did something else besides a clone it would imo break even with other blocks.

I'd rather have scepters block blind after you get hit a long with a clone and riptose to daze after hit. Or just block more then one attack, because when you are being group beat up its hard to block the attack you want.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-11 at 11:54 PM.

Mine, for the life of me did not work, or possibly was the visual. Though I strictly remember it not working in BWE3
    I worked it in BWE, and both of the following stress tests. I like to mess around with the Sword as a sub-par offhand because timing that block, learning what I should/shouldn't be using it on is going to be a godsend. If only it was on a slightly shorter cooldown... Hmm, I need to test to see if the traits that drop 1h sword also drop off-hand sword as well.

And Pistol Phantasm may be more burst, but they take a lot longer to wind up (great for PvP burst) whereas the Sword Phantasm not only has 100% Jump-Combo interaction (Duelist has 20% basic projectile), its got a much higher swing rate.

But no, the one complaint I had for the offhand sword block not being a full two seconds was without realizing just how ridiculously Overpowered that would be, giving Mesmers not one but two separate but not competing 2-second-invulnerabilities. What Warriors don't have is Blurred Frenzy. We do. I've shifted that into a slightly lower cooldown on the Riposte, but that's personal opinion more than a necessity.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth noting that the Daze affects foes in a line, rather than just one target. Hrmm...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

if block did something else besides a clone it would imo break even with other blocks.
    the counter gives a blind in a line that's quite powerful.
    I actually had quite a funny experience with this skill where a mesmer tried to shatter he's clones on me the moment I used this the shatter failed

but I didn't really notice that much problems with the block, I did notice sometimes that the block missed on occasions but that might have been lagg so I am not really going 2 much further on that since it's a beta and a stress test.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    If only it was on a slightly shorter cooldown..
    I dunno... it matches the cooldown of the Guardian Mace block on #3.

I'd rather have scepters block blind after you get hit a long with a clone and riptose to daze after hit. Or just block more then one attack, because when you are being group beat up its hard to block the attack you want.
    When you're being beat on by a group, it's time to GTFO, no matter what profession or weapon equip you have.

A Guardian's Aegis will block one attack, their shield might help for a second, but it really won't keep them up through that. Engineers, pretty much the same. Which is why that 1/2 second of Dodging is oh so precious.

---------- Post added 2012-08-11 at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I dunno... it matches the cooldown of the Guardian Mace block on #3.
    Was going not from a "what other classes have and I don't", but what would give it personally a good feel.

Again, this is just what I think would be good, without being too much. Hey, if it's affected by the deep-sword trait that gives -20% cooldowns, I'm all for it, because then you have to build for it and you're giving up elsewhere. But just a little shorter would feel so much nicer, at least to me, but if I don't get it I'll still survive.

Deleted
    24 second chaos storm is nothing to scoth at.

I tested it a bit more and overall I think its pretty useless compared to a power build. It's strong because toughness isn't effected by conditions but it's also week because its a burst thing like confusion and only a 60% chance to bleed which I think as an internal cd.
    Ah ok... wellwell

Some leeked mesmer notes:

Clone health: INCREASED BY 50%, due to health modifier being increased from .2 to .3.
    Downed: Mind blast multiplier increased from .5 to .6.

Greatsword:
    Bouncing Blade now applies 3 stacks of might when it hits an ally, and applies vulnerability to foes. Might duration increased from 5 seconds to 10, and damage multiplier increased from .6 to .7.

Mind Stab still hits multiple targets, but now instead of applying vulnerability, REMOVES BOONS FROM FOES. Damage multiplier also increased from .7 to .85.

Utility:

Mirrored Feedback now casts instantly and has 40 second cooldown instead of 45 seconds.
    Veil no longer cloaks allies that are already cloaked, so no more 20 second stealth stacking.
    Mantras now double cast by default, and are balanced accordingly. With the trait, they now triple cast, including mantra of recovery for both double and triple.
    Arcane Thievery: Bug fixed where recharge would be increased if you had Far Reaching Manipulations.

Heal:

Cooldown on Mirror is now 15 seconds instead of 30 seconds.
    Mantra of recovery now heals half as much but can be used twice by default, three times with the trait.

Interesting changes especially the mantras and greatsword and I might actually use mirror skill now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mantras now double cast by default, and are balanced accordingly. With the trait, they now triple cast, including mantra of recovery for both double and triple.
    I'm excited.

Deleted
    Really great changes, the mesmer just went up a few spots on 'what characters will I roll'-list. Especially the buff to clone health, might mean they survive a bit of AOE.

I'm excited.
    Apparently compassion increases the healing of it to like 7k per charge (according to a source), tis gonna be nerfed

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently compassion increases the healing of it to like 7k per charge (according to a source), tis gonna be nerfed
    Don't care. Still excited.

Don't care. Still excited.
    TBH I wish mantras had more interaction with allys for more support. Daze is good for peeling but I wish mantra of resolve and concentration added their effects to nearby allies even if its a reduced duration or effect (like resolve removed 1 condition from nearby allies and concentration broke CC for nearby allies).

Restorative mantras (the trait) has also become lackluster since its when you cast the 3 second cast time for the mantra and not when eating, the charges the heal is pretty low too (about 1k) for just the set up cast time. If it was 1k per charge I would be ecstatic.

Loving the new Mesmer downed "2", by the way. The shift we do, and the clone we summon is downed, actually offers some use and can be a great anti-stomp move (clone is stompable, lolz). Gives us a chance to actually survive a little longer. It feels like it actually belongs to the Profession too, very themed.