Page 18 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twiddle-dee View Post
    This brings a smile to my face as a person who gets ill playing FPS games, sucks never gotten to enjoy gears of war, Half-life or any other outstanding fps. This game looks pretty freaking sweet.
    Gears of War is a 3rd person perspective game just like Firefall.

The first person view in Firefall is pretty bad currently, as there are no FOV options, and the weapons are massive. The default 3rd person perspective is far better than first person currently.

The game currently is meh. Right now Red 5 doesn't actually seem to know WTF they want to do with the game, so there are concepts that completely clash with each other. Beyond a very very few quests (there are like 5 quests in the game) there is a severe lack of PvE content, but this Milestone patch they just released is focused on the PvP side, so we will see how well they can implement PvE when the next Milestone patch is released.

Current personal view on the game - It has a lot of potential. Devs listen and interact with the community and make some changes around feedback given, but that is a double edged sword. The PvP crowd called for sweeping changes to the game, so Red 5 went through and balanced the entire game around PvP.
    I am afraid that the PvE crowd won't speak up when the time comes, so the game will continue to be completely balanced around PvP, and essentially cripple the growth potential.
    It is still in beta so I have tried to not form a solid opinion on it nor should anyone else; But as it currently stands even if they were to add a ton of PvE content the next Milestone they will still need to make sweeping class changes AGAIN to make the game enjoyable to PvE players. There are currently ridiculous restrictions in the game that do nothing but cap PvE players potential growth.

It feels like Red 5 is standing there ready to pull the plug on the whole PvE aspect of the game to cater to the PvPers and try to make it an e-sport.

I have 2 Beta keys I will give em away for 2 wifes and 1 camel

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    It feels like Red 5 is standing there ready to pull the plug on the whole PvE aspect of the game to cater to the PvPers and try to make it an e-sport.
    Check out the developers on the forums, and look at their post histories. It's one of the best ways to really get a feel for what the future of the game could be like. Trust me when I say that there is no indication that they're in any way considering dropping the PvE aspect of the game... heck, they just introduced Chosen invasions of towns, as well as the random Melding tornadoes out in the world, not to mention a beta version of vehicles present in one of the missions.

Then there's also reworked glider mechanics, the talk from devs about larger thumpers (including actually crafting customized thumpers with special properties and extra abilities), as well as more events out in the world.

It's pretty clear that PvE only -feels- scant right now because of how few missions are in the game, but I think that's because they're worrying about making sure the gameplay aspects are all properly hammered out before spiraling out into a wide world of missions.

I'd love a beta key if anyone has a spare. I haven't been lucky enough to get one through their beta program

If anyone has a beta key lying around id gladly cover myself in pancake syrup for it. No luck on the beta program as of yet .

Deleted
    FPS + Ex Blizzards doesnt sound good to me at all. I tend to think of massive grind, massive unbalance. TLR Idc

If anyone has a spare beta key, would love to get one please. Really want to try out this game =)

Originally Posted by iggie
    Expect a lot of random competitions for keys at http://www.firefallthegame.com/commu...s/off-topic.9/ Good luck!

Beg here, kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fuck's with the condescending age drop? =\
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    The fuck's with the condescending age drop? =\
    Most adults I know are above openly begging, instead they buy keys/enter contests.

Firefall devs love to give keys to those people already in the beta (Most people just got 2 extra), which is why contests are people's best bet. Instead of a thread with some real discussion it's a gimme gimme festival instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweeping generalizations are gross.

Besides, there's been just as many people here advertising their 2 extra keys as their have been people ASKING for one. Using big boy words like "Please" and "Pancake Syrup." We can probably do without the name calling!!

(I'm not actually offended. I just couldn't help but picture your avatar running around calling people "kid" and it begged to be approached. )
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been in the Beta for around 3 months (had a small hiatus until the August 7th update)
    I'm not as much of a fan of the next system, getting trading experience for weapons and upgrades, and having to stick with Accord colored armor for tier 1. It has potential though!
    Bikes for tier 2, need I say more?
    Otherwise, I've enjoyed the game as a sort of last resort if I have nothing to play. It still needs a lot of work.
    and because it's no longer on the loading screen...
    If you play against Red 5 studio employees, let them win, their families are watching!
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    FPS + Ex Blizzards doesnt sound good to me at all. I tend to think of massive grind, massive unbalance. TLR Idc
    Well, FPS+Ex Blizzards makes me think of something VERY Specific.

But we won't go into ....... "that"

Firefall Looks great, hoping to see the beta myself eventually.

Cheers

I'd be eternally grateful if anyone of you would spare me a Firefall Beta key :3

I logged in for the first time and after 2 minuets I was already having a blast. So incredibly fun (with 600 ping lol VPN).

If anyone has spare keys, try to give them to people who have a high post count and can form coherent sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Most adults I know are above openly begging, instead they buy keys/enter contests.

Firefall devs love to give keys to those people already in the beta (Most people just got 2 extra), which is why contests are people's best bet. Instead of a thread with some real discussion it's a gimme gimme festival instead.
    Most "adults" will take multiple avenues to obtain something. And this thread has had plenty of people giving away keys. So give me a break with the condescending attitude toward people asking for one.

Quote Originally Posted by DownButStillOut View Post
    and because it's no longer on the loading screen...
    If you play against Red 5 studio employees, let them win, their families are watching!
    That one still shows up! Showed up yesterday. That was the first Firefall loading screen tip I remember seeing though, back when it was little more than a pvp lobby without an open world. :P

Is anyone else experience obscene lag most of the time they play? I'm getting like .5-1s delays on stuff (especially noticeable in PvP) constantly : /