Really getting into Soraka

Last couple of games I ahve played with her I have really enjoyed. I started off not liking defensive supports, and I still can't play Sona to save my life, but there is something about her insane sustain and the ability to really screw up enemies in team fights by strategically silencing someone as they're about to do their hyper massive kill you all Ult.

Can't wait for her art rework, but they're quite ok to keep her abilities as they are now
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always found Soraka boring, with the exception of her basic attacks (BANANAS!). To me it is just using W and E on cooldown and either watching the minimap or if you are on a voice chat with your team listening out for "ULT!!!!!!!". I always preferred the more offensive supports. Good to see you have found a champion you like but.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer hard AP Soraka. It's so much fun.
    You just kite and spam Q and they don't seem to realise you have heaps of MR debuff stacks onto them, and bam, they die like following a Singed.

I don't want the art rework, but I didn't want Gangplanks or Ashes. They were fine, they don't need to change.
    If Riot change her art, they are planning on changing her abilties in a way as well. I recently read on the forums where they described her as being toxic to the game. So if that doesn't mean a change in some abilities, I don't know what will.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Hopefully Riot follows through with their dislike on Soraka and gives her a complete rework. They've stated multiple times that she's toxic for gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Hopefully Riot follows through with their dislike on Soraka and gives her a complete rework. They've stated multiple times that she's toxic for gameplay.
    I kind of like her, the only problem is that when your AD is shitty, there's absolutely NOTHING you can do about it, except trying to save their ass (unless you start levelling starcall and farming for yourself instead, which you will get flamed for).

With lux/blitz at least I can make cool plays which are a bit less reliant on the ability of the AD.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://clgaming.net/redtracker/42129...a-s-art-rework

Quote Originally Posted by Phreak
    Soraka is just model/animations/particles. No ability changes.

Interesting they describe her as toxic. Is it because a moderate soraka and moderate AD carry are pretty much impossible too push out of a lane? Or was that referencing Soraka when she literally could not run out of mana ever (her previous infuse)? When I play defensive support with her I try and be very map aware, and will use my ult a few seconds after a biggish fight breaks out. I find the offensive use of her silence to be awesome though, since it's on a shortish cool down and can really harass other players.
    RETH

Deleted
    I'd love if they made the starcall ability more interactive (perhaps area bomb like lay waste), because to be honest it's not fun to mash it (but it's not really easier than those target-champion keys, because you still have to position, duh).
    They were fine, they don't need to change.
    Triangle feet for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Interesting they describe her as toxic. Is it because a moderate soraka and moderate AD carry are pretty much impossible too push out of a lane? Or was that referencing Soraka when she literally could not run out of mana ever (her previous infuse)? When I play defensive support with her I try and be very map aware, and will use my ult a few seconds after a biggish fight breaks out. I find the offensive use of her silence to be awesome though, since it's on a shortish cool down and can really harass other players.
    Because she basically undoes any and all harassment without any risk. She thus turns lanes into stale mates where it largely devolves into farm offs. All other champions give up something for their sustain. Alistar can not spam heal without running oom very rapidly, nor does he replenish his carry's mana or increase their armour. A spamming Sona will run oom. Taric needs to melee to regen mana or lower his CDs.

Deleted
    Soraka must be like the most boring champion in the game. Good for you if you enjoy playing her, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I took Soraka pretty well tbqh. I was turned off my her artwork, minus divine soraka, but then was turned off by her skin because she still ran like she had hooves. Lol..

Either way, I play some kind of healer in almost everything, WoW, GW, Rift, most games I dabble in, so the whole ZZZZ throw heal, give some mana, throw heal, stay back and run back and forth was pretty normal for me. Granted it's a bit more boring than other games, but that's just due to the lack of skill arsenal that just comes with the game.

I guess I'm good enough with her to where I'm asked to soraka bot people, but that does get old after a while. I went poppy yesterday, AND BOY DID I HEAR ABOUT HOW THERE WEREN'T HEALS GOING OUT.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know. I don't disagree. But the rework currently only entails her art.