Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you just forgetting the fact that HotR and CS had their cooldown up to 4.5s to avoid having 2 different CD for the same ability. Even if they remove SoB from Prot you won't have CS and HotR sharing a 3s CD it will be 4.5s. period.

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodalos View Post
    Are you just forgetting the fact that HotR and CS had their cooldown up to 4.5s to avoid having 2 different CD for the same ability. Even if they remove SoB from Prot you won't have CS and HotR sharing a 3s CD it will be 4.5s. period.
    ...my head just exploded from the lack of sense. These 2 abilities still share a CD on beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it wasn't worded the best way, what he meant was that Blizzard didn't want CS and HotR to have a 3s cd for Prot and a 4.5s CD for Ret, they wanted to get both specs back to a 4.5 CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    No, it wasn't worded the best way, what he meant was that Blizzard didn't want CS and HotR to have a 3s cd for Prot and a 4.5s CD for Ret, they wanted to get both specs back to a 4.5 CD.
    That would be fine if it didn't create dead space in the rotation when HW, and Consecrate are on cooldown. That's the reason it was changed in the first place, not the Holy Power.

Deleted
    It's impossible for just 1 guy to know from the top of his head every mechanic of every ability of every class. It's known that from time to time GC makes comments that are facepalm easy to "dismantle".

Lets not forget that paladins are expert in paladins, GC has to be expert in everything and thats humanly impossible. Granted he should be more carefull and think heavily before writing stuff, but sometimes he has so much info on his head its dificult to be 100% "cool and articulate" all the time.

Not a big fan of GC myself but it's a comon mistake from people who try to know everything about a subject in RL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    It's impossible for just 1 guy to know from the top of his head every mechanic of every ability of every class. It's known that from time to time GC makes comments that are facepalm easy to "dismantle".

Lets not forget that paladins are expert in paladins, GC has to be expert in everything and thats humanly impossible. Granted he should be more carefull and think heavily before writing stuff, but sometimes he has so much info on his head its dificult to be 100% "cool and articulate" all the time.

Not a big fan of GC myself but it's a comon mistake from people who try to know everything about a subject in RL.
    Mistakes happen, yes, but wondering why a tanking spec won't benefit from SoB (meaning haste) as much as a Melee DPS spec, that's not something forgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    Mistakes happen, yes, but wondering why a tanking spec won't benefit from SoB (meaning haste) as much as a Melee DPS spec, that's not something forgivable.
    Except that's not what occurred at all.
    The way I interpreted it was not that GC was wondering why SoB doesn't benefit the two equally, but why the person believed SoB existing made the Prot rotation feel "clunky". I'll admit, at first I really thought CS going from 3s to 4.5s would feel weird, but after playing around with it for a while and getting used to it, it feels pretty good. In fact it's also of course less limiting than keeping CS at 3s.

I love having a button to push all the time, but even so, I'm a bit curious why there's such a strong aversion to there being an empty gcd every once in a while. (heck, we have them on live, too)
    Last edited by Elathi; 2012-08-15 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elathi View Post
    Except that's not what occurred at all.
    The way I interpreted it was not that GC was wondering why SoB doesn't benefit the two equally, but why the person believed SoB existing made the Prot rotation feel "clunky". I'll admit, at first I really thought CS going from 3s to 4.5s would feel weird, but after playing around with it for a while and getting used to it, it feels pretty good. In fact it's also of course less limiting than keeping CS at 3s.

I love having a button to push all the time, but even so, I'm a bit curious why there's such a strong aversion to there being an empty gcd every once in a while. (heck, we have them on live, too)
    I was "the person" and I didn't even MENTION SoB. GC did. He seems to think it's a viable mechanic for prot. It isn't. Sure, it gives us some minor scaling from raid buffs and BL/Hero, but the cost outweighs the benefits in that department.

As far as the "empty GCD" issue, it's because now our mitigation relies heavily upon being able to hit buttons during those GCDs. Look at all the work Blizzard are putting into Monks making sure they are always generating Chi, with the Energy scaling tweaks. While we aren't Monks, and our mechanics are arguably different, we still live or die off Holy Power (literally) when it comes to physical damage. We're still SOL 90% of the time (literally also) when it comes to magic damage, but that's always been a weakness of the Paladin so I don't really expect them to do anything about it anymore.

This is a sharp contrast to prot which feels much clunkier with our main attacks going to haste scaling rather than a fixed 3-second cooldown.
    with our main attacks going to haste scaling
    If I may ask, what were you referring to, if not SoB?

Monks are and are going to be silly, I won't argue that. What you refer to as the cost of having SoB (by that I assume you mean CS going from 3s to 4.5s) could very likely have been done for more than that reason. For instance, it may be kind of annoying trying to get a rotation balanced and interesting when it uses the same ability every other gcd, and the spec relies on doing so. As some kind of example, Bloodthirst went from 3s to 4.5s, too.
    Last edited by Elathi; 2012-08-15 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I was "the person" and I didn't even MENTION SoB. GC did. He seems to think it's a viable mechanic for prot. It isn't. Sure, it gives us some minor scaling from raid buffs and BL/Hero, but the cost outweighs the benefits in that department.
    What cost are you talking about? Are you assuming that the CS/HoTR cd's went from 3 to 4.5 because of SoB? I doubt it. More than likely it was a rotation change for Ret and Prot that would've happened regardless; and then they decided to let Prot have SoB for free since they already had to give it to Ret and it wouldn't affect Prot much at all.