Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    After recently switching to Skada from Recount I can only suggest that you do the same. Skada is a much better AddOn in my honest opinion. Looks much nicer and is very easy to work with!

As for the DBM thing: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...I-DBMSkin.html
    (You need to re-apply this skin every time you update DBM though as it goes inside the DBM files)

Not sure what you mean by the last point. I've personally never had any problems with the icons on MSBT.
    DBM skin is perfect TY!

Well when I used sinister strike on my rogue the mutilate icon showed :P

Will try Skada later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    I'm looking to use recount but HATE the original skin.
    Considering you can turn any Recount element either off or transparent; I see no reason why its skin would be an issue.

You can change the texture and font to your liking. Change the colours to suit your needs. And make the header transparent, and create your own header in kgPanels or something similar.

Making Recount look exactly the way you want it isn't out or reach.

- I personally don't like Skada because of how it logs the data. And as of some patch in WotLK; it is no longer significantly lighter on the RAM, which was the main reason to use it in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    A combat text addon like MSBT that actually shows right spell icons
    xCT
    /10 chars
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    Hey, Cham. What are you using there? Is that an oUF layout?
    It's STUF! I'll see if I can find a screenshot with better quality though, default ones turns out grainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    new screen with finished nameplates (more or less, everything can be improved) - sorry for low reso, i'm on the notebook.

Here we go Cold, brace yourself, I know you can take it

1. I don't like the data text at the top, nor do I enjoy the panel for your data text touching the edge of the screen. Nothing else touches the edges of the screen. I would put the data text panel below the chat frame to consolidate the areas that contain text information.
    2. The inconsistent spacing for your data texts is like nails on a chalkboard
    3. I don't like anything about your ToT frame. The scale, placement, text alignment...all can be tweaked.
    4. The target frame lacks reliable class identification. I would swap the health texts on your target frame so that the % value is on the right and mirrors your player's power value. Then you can make the target's health % text class colored to add reliable class identification and also mimic the class coloring of your player's power text.
    5. Speaking of your player's power text...I would code the player's power text to display as red when in combat, green (or blue) when resting, and class colored when neither resting or in combat. This will allow you to remove those dots that you are using for combat/resting notification.
    6. I know it wont change anything but I am still going to say it; I hate the portrait overlay. It's unnecessary and visually distracting.
    7. Your cast bar edges don't line up with the paneling behind your unit frame texts. It looks to be off by 1 px.
    8. Lastly (for now :P)...your nameplates. The spell icon display on the nameplate cast bar doesn't look like it has a 1px black border. Also, I don't like the red aggro outline on the outside of the health bar. Couldn't you aggro color the name itself on the name plate? Red name is high aggro, yellow is medium aggro, green is little aggro...something like that. I think the health bar aggro outline looks out of place in this Ui design.

Keep up the great work
    <3
    Ish

Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    It's STUF! I'll see if I can find a screenshot with better quality though, default ones turns out grainy.
    Oh, cool! I'm working on something very similar using Stuf atm which will become an oUF layout eventually (when I know exactly what I want which may take a while hehe).

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Here you go I tried my best to get a decent screenshot, but I couldn't resist smashing the LFR guys :P
    http://i.imgur.com/fIgwR.jpg
    The post I quoted is a few weeks old but does anyone know if the poster has put out a download link or if it is a download from someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Here we go Cold, brace yourself, I know you can take it

1. I don't like the data text at the top, nor do I enjoy the panel for your data text touching the edge of the screen. Nothing else touches the edges of the screen. I would put the data text panel below the chat frame to consolidate the areas that contain text information.
    2. The inconsistent spacing for your data texts is like nails on a chalkboard
    3. I don't like anything about your ToT frame. The scale, placement, text alignment...all can be tweaked.
    4. The target frame lacks reliable class identification. I would swap the health texts on your target frame so that the % value is on the right and mirrors your player's power value. Then you can make the target's health % text class colored to add reliable class identification and also mimic the class coloring of your player's power text.
    5. Speaking of your player's power text...I would code the player's power text to display as red when in combat, green (or blue) when resting, and class colored when neither resting or in combat. This will allow you to remove those dots that you are using for combat/resting notification.
    6. I know it wont change anything but I am still going to say it; I hate the portrait overlay. It's unnecessary and visually distracting.
    7. Your cast bar edges don't line up with the paneling behind your unit frame texts. It looks to be off by 1 px.
    8. Lastly (for now :P)...your nameplates. The spell icon display on the nameplate cast bar doesn't look like it has a 1px black border. Also, I don't like the red aggro outline on the outside of the health bar. Couldn't you aggro color the name itself on the name plate? Red name is high aggro, yellow is medium aggro, green is little aggro...something like that. I think the health bar aggro outline looks out of place in this Ui design.

Keep up the great work
    <3
    Ish
    Everything can be done, but the aggro thing is not as easy as it seems. Nameplates don't have an unitid, so it's difficult to come out with a good aggor thing (the script i sue now for coloring the heathbar simply doesn't work). This is a temporary solution - i simple changed the texture of the standard wow aggro glow.

EDIT: suggestion over ToT/pet/focus frames? as for now they are all like this.
    EDIT2: spell icon actually has the border, dunno why the screen does display it so bad. In game is fine.
    EDIT3: player power text is power colored, the power bar is class colored. i can change it easily anyway, but i don't want to make power bar power colored (i simply hate that lol).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-08-14 at 09:19 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    EDIT: suggestion over ToT/pet/focus frames? as for now they are all like this.
    Post a shot with all frames showing

http://i.imgur.com/TQAe5.jpg

Changing it over and over and over and over. I'm not happy still needs more work alot more.

Deleted

I'm more of a "If the shit works, it works" kind of guy, and I don't really spend that much time on my ui.
    I don't have a pic of idle, but it's pretty much the same.
    The reason I have two bossmods (DXE and DBM) is because I prefer DBM but my guild requires DXE enabled (And I just have it enabled even though it doesn't matter anymore in ds).
    DXE overlapping with my buffs is something I've noticed, looks shitty, I will change that.
    Last edited by mmoc8b393fc574; 2012-08-14 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    The post I quoted is a few weeks old but does anyone know if the poster has put out a download link or if it is a download from someone else?
    I believe that I'm the person you're looking for! I have no uploaded it, and not sure if I will. I'll inform you if I do though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pix! On your critque. Everything is fixed, ill post is shortly. But about skada, its just the screenshot. Couldn't really do anything about it, Im thinking about uploaded a UI vid just so you all can see how i view it. On a side note, I need help with my Unit frames. I just feel like they are either to bland or they need something. Anyone can hit me up with ideas!

When a wild forum troll appears

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    Pix! On your critque. Everything is fixed, ill post is shortly. But about skada, its just the screenshot. Couldn't really do anything about it, Im thinking about uploaded a UI vid just so you all can see how i view it. On a side note, I need help with my Unit frames. I just feel like they are either to bland or they need something. Anyone can hit me up with ideas!
    As a side-note, Ricen, I would suggest fixing your chat frame; text seems to be overlapping.
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senit View Post
    As a side-note, Ricen, I would suggest fixing your chat frame; text seems to be overlapping.
    Yeah it is a little I just checked. Should i decrease the font size? Or is that a outline issue.

Yeah it is a little I just checked. Should i decrease the font size? Or is that a outline issue.
    That's a font issue.

Decreasing the size may or may not fix it.

10+ Year Old Account

I'll see if I can get a raid SS

I use this to "fix" my chat frame:
    Code:
    for i = 1, NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS do
        local cf = _G[("ChatFrame%d"):format(i)]
        cf:SetFont("Interface\\Addons\\SharedMedia_MyMedia\\font\\Pixel.ttf", 8, "OUTLINEMONOCHROME")
        cf:SetSpacing(1)
        cf:SetShadowOffset(0, 0)
    end

DEFAULT_CHATFRAME_ALPHA = 0
    The SetFont part is optional though, and would have to be tailored for you.

Nice I look forward to seeing the finished product
    One thing I may suggest is using a portrait overlay like I have here: http://screencast.com/t/V45M512b
    (I read on here earlier that Ish really hates this, but some people like it! (Me!) It breaks up the flat, boring textures with a little bit of animation)

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    I use this to "fix" my chat frame:
    Code:
    for i = 1, NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS do
        local cf = _G[("ChatFrame%d"):format(i)]
        cf:SetFont("Interface\\Addons\\SharedMedia_MyMedia\\font\\Pixel.ttf", 8, "OUTLINEMONOCHROME")
        cf:SetSpacing(1)
        cf:SetShadowOffset(0, 0)
    end

DEFAULT_CHATFRAME_ALPHA = 0
    The SetFont part is optional though, and would have to be tailored for you.
    This is the man who helped me with the exact same problem a few pages back in this thread
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-08-15 at 12:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    That's a font issue.

Decreasing the size may or may not fix it.
    It was the font. Fixed it. And did a little unitframe revamp. make them smaller, I think they were to big for the font, Should be able to take some good screenys tonight.

I use SUF! So i actually cannot do the portrait overlay sadly. I want to learn STUF, but every time i try, i end up not sleeping for days because i get so god damn confused and frustrated . Font is good to go it seems that the font I had originally had is just too big.

*Is their anyway I can make a new skin or find one for bigwigs, it looks kinda ugly as it is right now.
    Last edited by Ricen; 2012-08-15 at 12:46 AM.