Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Loving the new Mesmer downed "2", by the way. The shift we do, and the clone we summon is downed, actually offers some use and can be a great anti-stomp move (clone is stompable, lolz). Gives us a chance to actually survive a little longer. It feels like it actually belongs to the Profession too, very themed.
    Did they fix it so if a person is in middle of stomp and you down 2 it wont finish you?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Did they fix it so if a person is in middle of stomp and you down 2 it wont finish you?
    I think so? I can't confirm 100%, but from its uses that I experienced from Friday's stress test, I'd like to say rather than break the cast, it shifts the cast to the clone. I can of course be completely mistake, but those were from my limited observations.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Loving the new Mesmer downed "2", by the way. The shift we do, and the clone we summon is downed, actually offers some use and can be a great anti-stomp move (clone is stompable, lolz). Gives us a chance to actually survive a little longer. It feels like it actually belongs to the Profession too, very themed.
    but your mates can rez your clone instead of you have seen some funny scenes in the 3th bw.

Quote Originally Posted by Pion View Post
    but your mates can rez your clone instead of you have seen some funny scenes in the 3th bw.
    Sounds pretty hilarious

Greatsword:
    • Mine Stab: increased vulnerability duration from 6 seconds to 10 seconds; Mind Stab can now hit multiple targets.
    Seems legit. I was always curious why it was single-target exclusive, especially considering how cool that animation is (and the root effect for it).

Staff:
    • Chaos Armor: Now always applies protection for 5 seconds when applied, and now applies swiftness randomly when hit instead of protection.
    Dear fucking gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, Chaos Armor is actually Armor now? Mwahahaha.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Oh yes! That change is lovely!
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Mesmer question

Hey guys,
    I was just curious, are mesmer illusions intended to be confusing for enemy players in pvp or are they mostly just used for the utility that having them up provides? and if they are used for confusion, is the confusion effective and is it something that after a few months players will just get used to notcing and be able to tell who the real mesmer is? also, is there an ability that allows you to swap places with an illusion? thanks for the info

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greco View Post
    Hey guys,
    I was just curious, are mesmer illusions intended to be confusing for enemy players in pvp or are they mostly just used for the utility that having them up provides? and if they are used for confusion, is the confusion effective and is it something that after a few months players will just get used to notcing and be able to tell who the real mesmer is? also, is there an ability that allows you to swap places with an illusion? thanks for the info
    Yes they are meant to be confusing and they are, especially since Anet changed the way the illusions names dispaly, orginally it was obvious who was the real player

So they are used for both confusion and utility.

Imho no they wont become noticeble unless you have a really keen eye, i see them a bit like the ball under the cups game, where the cups are switched around and you forget which one it is under (unless of course as i said you have a very keen eye) Hope that helps.

ETA: Yes there is a spell/ability (i forget the name of the top of my head) that switches you for an illusion, you jump forward and switch places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did they take the vulnerability off the Greatsword ;( I really liked that...

I didn't play too much of the stress tests/beta weekends but removes boons seems much less useful For PvE (I'm not a PvPer). Is it fairly common for mobs to give boons to themselves?

hmm, on an unrelated note... "buff" is so much easier to say than "give boons" damn ANet for choosing a benefit name that cannot function as a verb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    ETA: Yes there is a spell/ability (i forget the name of the top of my head) that switches you for an illusion, you jump forward and switch places.
    That seriously needs to be one of the Shatter skills. Switch places with a random illusion, and then that one illusion is shattered.

Right now it's only part of the MH sword. You first send out a clone to leap at an enemy and cripple, and then it chains into you swapping with the illusion and immobilizing.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Why did they take the vulnerability off the Greatsword ;( I really liked that...
    Hmm, conflicting leaked notes.

We'll have to see whether it's removing Boons, or applying Vulnerability. But if it isn't applying Vulnerability on Mind Stab, then it would be on Bouncing Blade. So Greatsword's keeping that debuff (a constant for a bladed mesmer, it seems).

The leak notes say the vul was moved to bouncing blade and mind stab hits multiple targets and removes all boons.

We will find out today though.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That seriously needs to be one of the Shatter skills. Switch places with a random illusion, and then that one illusion is shattered.

Right now it's only part of the MH sword. You first send out a clone to leap at an enemy and cripple, and then it chains into you swapping with the illusion and immobilizing.
    I've fucked with so many people with swords teleport if they implemented it as a shatter it would be OP for me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow... completely missed Vulnerability was moved to BB in those notes... Glad to keep it. Shame on me for my failure to read.

I've decided to be a Mesmer since the first stress test I did, but now that it's so close to launch I'm starting to doubt this choice and contemplate doing a Mesmer...of course now it's too late to get some quality time in before launch to decide :/

I just noticed that mesmers can use a sword in the offhand. I never noticed that before. Is that new?

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    I just noticed that mesmers can use a sword in the offhand. I never noticed that before. Is that new?
    Nope, not at all.

Not really liking the ground target aoe mind stab I use my mouse to move so I'm not a fan of aoe mouse targeting and the 1 boon removal is meh.

Mantras duration and damage was nerfed as expected for the new charges.

Not really liking the ground target aoe mind stab I use my mouse to move so I'm not a fan of aoe mouse targeting and the 1 boon removal is meh.

1 Boon removal from any targets you can squeeze into that little circle, with a bit of AoE damage added onto it. Before despite the animation it was limited to single target I'm just glad that the Vulnerability isn't linked to the Targetting Circle, that would be way too much, no thanks on that.

10+ Year Old Account

There's an option you can check to have it "smart" target ground-targeted spells at your target. Not sure how well it does with moving targets though.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    There's an option you can check to have it "smart" target ground-targeted spells at your target. Not sure how well it does with moving targets though.
    That's not what it does.

It auto-clicks wherever your mouse is pointing already, rather than needing a second instance of input.